IGNORED

"Day of Purity" - Have fun guys!

Buzzard

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS

My campus feminist group inadvertently scheduled our annual "Cocoa and Condoms: Spread the LOVE" fundraiser for 2/13 and 2/14.

We are going to slut it up out there.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
600-1300215734.JPG

Um, the three crosses were for Jesus and two criminals, not the holy trinity. :?

I'm not sure what that thing on the right side is, but it looks like a razr to me. Now I'm even more confused :?

Has anyone who's ordered this actually received it? I just took the pledge and ordered one this morning. I decided that I would wait for the laminated card. Lamination makes everything more official.

Um, no... I am a huge fan of comprehensive sexuality education in schools, and I have to assert that what you told your daughter is unfortunately very, very false. Erroneous information in the realm of sexuality education can have huge consequences, so please consider re-addressing the issue with your daughter to clarify. You can love and trust someone and not know if they have any viruses. The person you love and trust may or may not be deserving of that trust, but either way they might not know themselves if they have a virus. The ONLY way to know for sure that the boy/girl you have your eyes on is clean from viruses is for them to get tested. Also, a healthy dose of reality to adolescent girls can be helpful too... Aka people lie. Especially when lying will help them get what they want. Adolescents are also less mature than adults, so their judgement/knowledge of risk factors is lower. Please don't tell your daughter that if she loves a boy then she will be safe! Love and trust do not protet against sexually transmitted viruses.

I did not tell her that if she loves someone she doesn't have to use protection or common sense. I told her about protection she can take. Yes, she needs to know that there are diseases out there, and the risk of pregnancy, but not be totally terrified of sex. It won't last anyway, not when the hormones hit. Scare tactics are never effective in the long run. I wanted her to know that you can use birth control (aka condoms which also protect against disease much more than trust and love, information they purposely withheld from the kids to make them more frightened). I'm not telling her to blindly trust a boyfriend, good grief, I'm not an idiot. I would certainly prefer for her to wait until she is more mature. But I didn't wait until I was totally mature, and I'm damn sure happy I knew about condoms. I'm not telling her to jump in bed with a boy if she's in love with no thought to it - not at all! I'm telling her not to be scared of everyone around her. Scare them and they'll be good and keep their legs together. Yeah, that always works.

Has anyone who's ordered this actually received it? I just took the pledge and ordered one this morning. I decided that I would wait for the laminated card. Lamination makes everything more official.

Mine never came (kinda like the people who take the pledge)

Archived