IGNORED

"Day of Purity" - Have fun guys!

Buzzard

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about a t-shirt that reads:

Liberal Atheist

Come talk to me if you don't want to talk about sex.

I want to be emailed when that shirt becomes available. I would pay a pretty penny....

I also watched a liberty counsel video on the subject not too long ago:

Is it bad that I really want the Christian club on campus to find out about this and organize something, just for giggles? I might have to find a way to let them know anonymously.

Is it bad that I really want the Christian club on campus to find out about this and organize something, just for giggles? I might have to find a way to let them know anonymously.

fake gmail account with the linky?

it's minutia, but the term "purity" for virginity has always annoyed me. Like because I had sex before marriage I'm dirty, or sullied.

Also, I want the "I'm a virgin (this is an old shirt)" shirt in maternity, as I'm currently pretty pregnant, it would be hilarious.

Church and state, church and state. To teach you all about Article 6's understandable separation that the government is not allowed to force people to be in a certain religion to be in office of the American Constitution. Teach me about church and state, church and state. Public school are public and under the government, so church (which is any religious organization) and state should be seperate in them. Church and state, church and state. *Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, please. Is it sad if I wikied this beforehand to make sure if I was correct? Typing this in a sing-song voice*

fake gmail account with the linky?

Yesss! Oh, I wonder if 10-minute-mail is available to send stuff as well as receive...

Side note: I just noticed that the twitter link is "DoPurity" and it made me giggle because apparently I have the maturity of a 12 year old. But now I want to make a T-Shirt that says "Fuck Purity" and wear it that day.

why other with the shirts? I'm just gonna strip and hang out outside the local college campus.

it's minutia, but the term "purity" for virginity has always annoyed me. Like because I had sex before marriage I'm dirty, or sullied.

Also, I want the "I'm a virgin (this is an old shirt)" shirt in maternity, as I'm currently pretty pregnant, it would be hilarious.

As am I and I want one too. *giggle*

Church and state, church and state. To teach you all about Article 6's understandable separation that the government is not allowed to force people to be in a certain religion to be in office of the American Constitution. Teach me about church and state, church and state. Public school are public and under the government, so church (which is any religious organization) and state should be seperate in them. Church and state, church and state. *Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, please. Is it sad if I wikied this beforehand to make sure if I was correct? Typing this in a sing-song voice*

The schools themselves cannot organize a day like this, no. The students can organize whatever the hell they want. Because they are still citizens and have a right to their own religion. If I were still in high school I could read my Bible all day, pray through tests, AND tell my friends about Jesus. My teachers could read the Bible to the class as a cultural and historical influence on society, and pray privately. The separation of church and state does not keep church out of school. It keeps school from pushing church on you. The school (state) itself, not it's students, who are private citizens.

Oh lord! I saw something about this on my fb newsfeed from a lady who I never read her post. They are always something to do with religion, anti abortion, etc. She is he mom of a friend from long ago... Hmm now I have to go read it and have a laugh!

dang, I am home alone with my littlest all day today, but I will make a note to get fellow shipping with my hubby tonight, if he's home before I go to sleep. Ironically, he will be at a church management meeting tonight, but our church is very much your bedroom = your business, so DoP is unlikely to come up (lol).

normal_100_0414.jpg

I told my husband that we will not be doing something so shaming to our daughter. I saw a really gross pic of 7-9 year old girls in white tulle carrying a giant crucifix, while cake hunting. The whole movement is repulsive-- the exact opposite of slut shaming, but just as abhorrent.

I told my husband that we will not be doing something so shaming to our daughter. I saw a really gross pic of 7-9 year old girls in white tulle carrying a giant crucifix, while cake hunting. The whole movement is repulsive-- the exact opposite of slut shaming, but just as abhorrent.

To me, it's just an extension of slut shaming, especially since most of the purity stuff I've seen is only for women. Be a good girl, not a slut.

normal_100_0414.jpg

I had a minor orgasm when I saw the unnecessary apostrophe on that cake.

are you sure the photo of the young girls with a crucifix wasn't a first communion thing (didn't think this fuckery was a Catholic thing)?

I had a minor orgasm when I saw the unnecessary apostrophe on that cake.

That is why it was chosen. There were flashier cakes, but this one had SOTDRT education in action!

are you sure the photo of the young girls with a crucifix wasn't a first communion thing (didn't think this fuckery was a Catholic thing)?

imkeepingup.com/2010/01/from-teen-purity-to-teen-pregnancyis.html

I wish. No, I was raised as fundie Catholic as the come, and we didn't do this kind of BS. This is from a Purity Ball site. Why don't they worry about the balls staying pure? It takes 2 to tango- where are the boys purity pledge dances with their moms?

For people so focused on blending in and insisting sex is bad, they sure are obsesses with sex and standing out.

Oh, and selling stuff to their followers to make some money and claiming it's a godly duty.

Religion is a business.

Archived