IGNORED

Do the Duggar Sisters even like Anna?

Deleted07

They may feel a certain snobbishness towards Anna, as it seems clear that she married "up.". (Shudder)

This is my opinion as well.

There is a hierarchy within ATI. Name and family backgrounds matter. Children of divorced parents are not as sought after as much as others with in tact families, etc.

I believe that is part of the reason why my father and his wife had us lie about my father being divorced.

There is a very strong sense of elitism that is the foundation of ATIA. The littlest shit matters when arranging a courtship/selling off your children in that circle.

My guess is that the siblings might have felt that Anna was not good enough for royalty.

I wondered this too. I do think there is some tension with Anna, and I still don't really understand why. I don't think it can be adequately explained by jealousy/snobbery of the girls.

I am not the only one out there! The mere word Chickenetti makes me gag. Maybe I said before, it makes me think of the ground remains of deceased chickens at corporational chicken farms that they dilute with water and feed back to the livestock. There was once an episode on X Files where a cannibalist religious wacko community bred chickens and they got mad chicken disease and one lady drowned in that goo, the chicken chunks and blood. Now that was Chickenetti to me. When I heard the words chickenetti, it baptized that liquid that I saw on X files.

I don't think I've ever seen that X File episode. Maybe I just forgot about it. Hopefully no one ever offers me Chickenetti because my imagination will go crazy. :shock:

I think they get along okay, just Jana was nervous because MICHELLE doesn't like her. The woman thinks Anna is competition in the baby making department.

It's all being complicated a little bit too much here. It's (not that) complicated after all! :lol: :oops:

My experience with the Duggar girls is that they're extremely warm and friendly to everyone, but don't form close friendships with just anyone. After living with blood relations and forming relationships with family members as closely as they have (and believe you me they have) it's hard for anyone to penetrate that core and feel they are truly part of the family. Anna married Josh, she didn't marry the entire Duggar family, so she doesn't feel a need to be as cozy with them as they feel to each other.

I bet they hesitate because they always think "how to Mommy & Daddy want me to answer this question", not "how do I feel/think"..... :roll:

I think this is exactly it. The Duggar girls have had their personal thoughts and opinions crushed ever since they were children. They are only allowed to believe in whatever the party line is. At the time they were asked that question, I doubt anyone had prepped them on the "right" way to respond so I think they struggled a bit before defaulting to "Keep sweet. Always keep sweet". I doubt they ever really even gave any thought to whether they liked her before that. After all, she's God's chosen mate for their brother and whatever they feel about her has no place in the equation.

I bet they hesitate because they always think "how to Mommy & Daddy want me to answer this question", not "how do I feel/think"..... :roll:

This is what I think too. All those girls have that cultish glaze.

It's all being complicated a little bit too much here. It's (not that) complicated after all! :lol: :oops:

My experience with the Duggar girls is that they're extremely warm and friendly to everyone, but don't form close friendships with just anyone. After living with blood relations and forming relationships with family members as closely as they have (and believe you me they have) it's hard for anyone to penetrate that core and feel they are truly part of the family. Anna married Josh, she didn't marry the entire Duggar family, so she doesn't feel a need to be as cozy with them as they feel to each other.

Oh god, it's YOU again?

Some of the older girls definitely have a snobbish vibe to them now that I think about it more. Jessa mostly comes across as very "holier than thou". I can see her being the spoiled little princess that has future husband wrapped around her little finger (which would not lift a thing once her kids got old enough).

Oh god, it's YOU again?

I guess he finished Grey's Anatomy.

I think that Jana hesitated when the question was asked because it was phrased so awkwardly. They asked her "Are you close to Anna?" If she's not close but likes her just fine (which seems to be the case to me) she can't really say "no" without sounding rude. I think she had to pause, at least partially, to think of another question to answer. Does that make sense? It's like they tell celebrities when they are being interviewed to just answer the question they wished they were asked. It seemed like that was what Jana was doing.

He's baaaaaaack!!!!!!!111111eleventy

So Knight, does this confirm that ATI/VF families are intentionally insular in a "circle the wagons" way if someone comes around whom they perceive as a "threat" to their lifestyle? Would this explain why these people are so quick to "shun" family members who choose to live a more secular lifestyle, even if they retain a strong Christian faith (that is often closer to what Christianity is supposed to look like than what Gothard or Dougie extol).

Also, the old saw goes, you marry the man (or woman), you marry the family. You implied this is not so in these circles. Why?

VERY True!!!

Some of the older girls definitely have a snobbish vibe to them now that I think about it more. Jessa mostly comes across as very "holier than thou". I can see her being the spoiled little princess that has future husband wrapped around her little finger (which would not lift a thing once her kids got old enough).

So agree, I think most of those older girls, and especially Jessa and Jana IMO are very 'holier than thou'.

I am not the only one out there! The mere word Chickenetti makes me gag. Maybe I said before, it makes me think of the ground remains of deceased chickens at corporational chicken farms that they dilute with water and feed back to the livestock. There was once an episode on X Files where a cannibalist religious wacko community bred chickens and they got mad chicken disease and one lady drowned in that goo, the chicken chunks and blood. Now that was Chickenetti to me. When I heard the words chickenetti, it baptized that liquid that I saw on X files.

This has me convinced that we share a brain... I haven't seen this X Files episode but I make associations like this all the time! :?

Perhaps there is tension with Anna because she's their age but clearly has "knowledge" since she's been pregnant a few times? It's all about sex with these people.

I don't think I've ever seen that X File episode. Maybe I just forgot about it. Hopefully no one ever offers me Chickenetti because my imagination will go crazy. :shock:

It's called Our Town. Just in case you'd like to see the largest dish of Chickenetti ever made. (There's some Humanetti going on, too(

I keep imagining the whole scenario with all the girls making sharp jabs back and forth, but in the most doe-eyed, sweet-sounding way. I imagine there are plenty of "Bless your heart"s on both sides.

Your back?! So what did you think of Dougie's "tribute" to veterans where he put himself in front of and on top of real veterans? Was that him being an innocent little flower too?

KISA does not realize that most people come from close families AND can also form close friendships or accept new family members. KISA fail, fundy culture fail.

I have a super close family and there has really been no problem accepting new family members and getting close to them. It is possible. and I think most people do that.

I have a super-large, super-close family. And we are well-known for "absorbing" friends, significant others, in-laws, etc, and making them part of the family too. THAT'S how love should multiply.

Agreed. My sister is my best friend, but I have other good friends and I am becoming very close with my bf's cousin. My father's family only believed real family was blood related. Family gatherings were very difficult for my mother because they made her feel like an outsider. It was not fun, and that's not what family is all about.

But isn't the courtship "process" (lots of time spent with the families, no time spent alone) meant to ensure that the prospective spouse will fit within the family? Plus, marriage is for life (no mmatter what) so why shouldn't the Duggar daughters make an effort to get as close to Anna as to a blood sister?

I still think there's some jealousy and or resentment on the part of the adult daughters, especially Jana, who seems to be the most into having her own family.

Archived