IGNORED

If you could take just one Duggar home with you...

ukjingernut

What in the world are you talking about?! Some of them don't like pickles and other ones don't like chocolate ice cream!

I guess it's just my communist-heathen-baby hating-feminist-whorish brain that can't tell their beautiful flowers apart!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Difficult choice.

On one hand I'd like to free the older girls so they can have a life of their choosing and the ability to make that choice but on the other there is the Howler Monkeys who really need some parenting and boundaries.

Then of course there is Joy who is going through an enforced feminisation when she really is a tom boy.

Mind you I would quite like to get hold of Smuggar too and bitch slap him into next week repeatedly.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I fully support this treatment of Smuggar.

LOL @these responses! I'd have to say Josiah. I was having trouble deciding between Josiah and Johannah, but the difference for me would be that she actually seems happy. She may not be in 5 years or so, but for now she is. But Josiah just seems so sad, and he really doesn't fit in with the family at at. I'd love to send him to the excellent schools near me, give him a great education and let him mingle with kids other than those doing physical labor type of careers. (Nothing wrong with those, but we can see that clearly it's not for him.) I think there's time to still rehabilitate him. Sigh.

Guest Anonymous

I would take:

Josiah, James and Justin

Josiah I would take because he seems a lot more evolved than either his parents and siblings. I would give him his own room and have a long sit-down with him, where HE would tell ME what he wants from life. I would then do my best to help him achieve whatever he wanted.

I would also take James and Justin because they seem both forgotten, and can't seem to sit still for schooling. I would give them a large room, all to themselves. I would have both of them evaluated, physically and neurologically, to see whether either one has dyslexia, ADD, ADHD or other learning disabilities. I would also have their vision and hearing tested. I'm convinced that they do have some form of learning disability and that the longer they go undiagnosed, the harder whatever they have will be to compensate for if and when it's identified.

And like Josiah, I would let each of them tell me what he wants from life.

Josiah, simply because he seems a bit more tender-hearted than the rest, and I always wanted a (much) younger brother. How old is he? 13? I'm 22, so I could be the really cool older sissy.

I'd get him reading and doing some sot of activity where compassion and sensitivity is an asset- volunteering with animals or speech team or something. And I'd take him out for midnight pancakes once in a while- one of my favorite things I did with my older brother when I was in middle school and he still seemed so much older and cooler than me (now that we both don't live at home, the age gap is closing some).

If I could take more than one? Jana and John (they're just a month younger than me!), Joy (girl needs a place to be her sporty self), and Jackson-Jordyn (I love kids at their ages; my favorite age group to work with).

I'd take Amy. She seems to be somewhat adrift and without real career goals, apart from getting her face on TV via her uncle's family. I would require her to get a job, formulate a career plan and get off the TV unless she is appearing there on her own merits. I would support her getting voice lessons and working at her singing career while also working a real job.

As for the actual Duggar children, it's a tough call, but I'd probably take Jill. There are some really good nursing programs near me and she could probably get accepted after some remedial work.

Clearly, I don't have the resourses to raise the 18 children still at home, but who does? There have been many good ideas for their futures posted here and it's sad that they likely won't recieve any of this help.

It would be fun to watch J'chelle be forced to learn to be Michelle again and to exercise her ability to be an adult. I suspect that she has the tools.

I have no doubt she has the tools to run that show. I can completely see her pulling Joshie-boy's strings.

I guess I'd have to save Jennifer and Jordyn. Both are largely ignored, and would probably flourish if someone, you know, actually spoke to them, and treated them as they should be treated.

Janna, Joy or Josiah, in that order of preference. Jana looks miserable lately. I can't tell if it's post-adolescent ennui or flat-out depression, but she needs more options than to just be married off. Josiah and Joy have been talked about already.

Oh, Jordyn! Definitely Jordyn.

I'd have so much fun with her. We'd play tea party with her stuffed animals. I'd teach her Candyland. My girls would fawn all over her and play school with her, so she'd have a head start when she began kindergarten. She'd have regular naptimes in a quiet house, and her own real bed. We'd make cookies together, read, snuggle on the sofa. She'd have her own bookshelf with new toys and books, all her own. Most importantly, she'd have a regular calm, stable schedule and loving care from two adults (not teenagers).

She'd never have to sleep on a bus with 19 for weeks at a time. No one under the age of 10 would be permitted to pick her up and carry her about. A trained speech therapist would make sure she was talking at age level. She would never, ever be physically "corrected". She would be allowed to choose for herself about religion when she was old enough. When she was old enough, she'd have a few age-appropriate chores to play with, but her main job would be school and learning to get along with others.

Oh, Jordyn! Definitely Jordyn.

I'd have so much fun with her. We'd play tea party with her stuffed animals. I'd teach her Candyland. My girls would fawn all over her and play school with her, so she'd have a head start when she began kindergarten. She'd have regular naptimes in a quiet house, and her own real bed. We'd make cookies together, read, snuggle on the sofa. She'd have her own bookshelf with new toys and books, all her own. Most importantly, she'd have a regular calm, stable schedule and loving care from two adults (not teenagers).

She'd never have to sleep on a bus with 19 for weeks at a time. No one under the age of 10 would be permitted to pick her up and carry her about. A trained speech therapist would make sure she was talking at age level. She would never, ever be physically "corrected". She would be allowed to choose for herself about religion when she was old enough. When she was old enough, she'd have a few age-appropriate chores to play with, but her main job would be school and learning to get along with others.

I know, isn't she a sweetie!! Too bad no one seems to give a crap about her. Free Jordyn!

In the latest Duggar People article they mention that Josie had a nice b-day (good for her, poor thing) but no mention of Jordyn's birthday coming up soon.

If I was Sean (the TLC producer) I'd demand a Jordy birthday celebration.

Jennifer. She would have two big sisters and a little brother. She would only have to share her room with two people. She would dress in colorful, sparkly hand-me-downs and practical play pants. She would go to storytime and open swim and Sunday school and she could be the shiniest angel in the Christmas pageant, or a sheep if she preferred. In the summer I would send her out into the yard to gorge on fresh raspberries and in the winter she could go sledding with her new siblings and come in for hot cocoa. And when she started homeschool, she would be learning out of real books.

And she would never have a camera pointed at her ever unless she wanted her picture taken.

I would take Joy home with me - she seems spunky and seems like she might be able to overcome the indoctrination. I think she is spirited enough to make something of herself if truly given a chance.

By the way, this is my first post - I'm a long time lurker who has decided to come out of the wood work. My name is Jess, I am 35 years old and live in Seattle with my husband and two sons. I am a scientist! :ugeek:

Jinger, Jill, Jana, John-David and... anyone I'm missing who's already a young adult (not counting Smuggar; he's much too far gone and totally in love with himself to benefit) and has had no chance to think for themselves yet or discover who they are; I'd help them enroll in college prep or GED classes, depending on where they were with their educations, talk with them about real career aspirations, help them get "real" teenage jobs so that they could see what it was like to really earn their own money without being under Dad's thumb, teach them cooking with honest-to-goodness food so that they knew what healthy eating really was, teach them (sensible) shopping for fun things like video games and fashionable clothes... just the regular teenager stuff they haven't gotten to do. I know they're all a bit older than teenagers, but not that much. And when you're a teenager, you're making your first steps into the world on your own with help from Mom and Dad, most of the time. They haven't gotten to do any of that.

Archived