IGNORED

If you could take just one Duggar home with you...

ukjingernut

ALL OF THEM.

Jana, to save her from marriage, get her some counselling and remedial education so she can make her own choices.

Jill, so she can become a midwife and put her obvious intelligence to good use.

Jessa, because I'll be damned if that girl is raising another big brood. She's got 'business manager' written all over her.

Jinger, before her spirit is totally crushed by her parents and sisters.

JD/Joe, so that they can DATE and enjoy what the real world has to offer.

Joy, so she can wear pants and go to school and be a normal tomboy teenager.

Josiah, before his intelligence goes to waste in the restrictive hellhole of the family.

The Howler Monkeys, so I can get them some ADD medication and force them to sit down and behave in a classroom.

Johannah, to send her to a real school and put that obvious intelligence on the path to success.

Jenny, because that girl needs reassurance, one-on-one attention, and speech therapy.

Jordyn, for the same reasons.

Josie, so that she gets the therapy she needs to make the best of her abilities.

Every one of those kids deserves to be taken out and shown the wonders that the real world has to offer. Although some may be suffering more than others I don't think any of them are less deserving of some defrauding real world education and entertainment.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josiah, before his intelligence goes to waste in the restrictive hellhole of the family.

Or before there's an "accident" of some sort. If you know what I mean. Really worried about what could happen to that kid if he's trying to rebel.

Or before there's an "accident" of some sort. If you know what I mean. Really worried about what could happen to that kid if he's trying to rebel.

Probably Journey to the Heart every year until he's 30, or escapes. whichever comes first.

Here's hoping he manages to escape a Journey to the Heart camp.

"What would you do with the Duggar of your choice, how would you make sure they get the life that they deserve?"

I'd snatch Jim Bob in the night. Force him into a vasectomy. SERIOUSLY MAN, YOU NEED IT!!!

No, really I would take Joy and Josiah. They used to be best friends. I wanna teach them that that is okay. And they both have fresh brains, don't deny it. The sad thing is that if zombies ever invaded Duggarland, they would ignore Jim-Boob and J'Chelle, attack Smuggar because he's so punchable and head straight to the middles. Older ones are too far gone and little ones are WAY behind.

I would help Joy with all of her "issues" girls have at that age, and I would send her to a great High School. She would get one of the best therapists in the country and I would introduce her to books like Hairy Potter and... Dear America! Let the kid learn something good! Also, I would tell her that Joy doesn't always mean what she thinks. Not:

Jesus first

Others second

Yourself third

But joy as in happiness, teach her that she is better and has more purpose in life than being a J-Slave.

As for Josiah, I would first ORDER him to sit on the couch for three days straight. I would get a bag of junk food, all the latest video games, invite the neighbors down the street and MAKE HIM PLAY VIDEO GAMES. I would get hubby to help with "Boy Stuff" and send him to the same therapist as Joy. And when he's old enough GET THE KID A SPORTS CAR!!! Make those other teenage truck drivers envy him!

IN CONCLUSION: Give them a good life. 'Nuff said.

I really want Jordyn. I would get her a pretty bed. I would give her books and read to her. I would buy her toddler toys. I don't think that I have ever seen her play with anything beside a baby doll and a stroller. I have never seen her play with blocks or legos or anything even slightly educational.

Jordyn or Josie. Any of the lost girls, really. :( My girls would fawn all over a new little sister and it would be good for the baby girls.

I really can't decide between Josiah and Jenny, Jordyn and Josie. I would enroll the little ones in daycare/preschool/kindergarten so they meets other kids, take them to the christmas market to watch (or even participate in??) a nativity play, drink kids punch and eat waffles and bratwurst. Then we'd go sleigh riding around here, it snowed a ton last night! For carnival in february, I'd let them choose whatever costumes they want and we'd make them together. We could go to the movies (well, Jennifer at least) and watch a *gasp* disney movie, like the new Chipmunks movie. In the summer we could do bike rides to the lake and they could (and should) learn how to swim. They could wear defrauding jeans like other little girls.

Josiah - I'd make sure he catches up on education, then he can enroll in a college of his choice with a major of his choice! He could date girls, or boys, whatever he prefers and just be a teenager. FOr his 18th birthday, I'd give him a Europe backpacking trip so he sees some more of the world.

All of them would need extensive therapy, but thank god our insurance covers that. They could still believe in god if they want, but I'd want them to learn god does not judge on outer appearance.

It makes me so sad I can't go through with it.

I would take Joy. She seems...like she would actually be fun. I'd take her to church and let her just simply be friends with other girls...and expose her to some good books. A Series of Unfortunate Events? =P

Difficult choice.

On one hand I'd like to free the older girls so they can have a life of their choosing and the ability to make that choice but on the other there is the Howler Monkeys who really need some parenting and boundaries.

Then of course there is Joy who is going through an enforced feminisation when she really is a tom boy.

Mind you I would quite like to get hold of Smuggar too and bitch slap him into next week repeatedly.

I'd take all of them from Josiah on down. If I had to pick one, I'd take Joy. She's not too far gone and might be able to influence the younger ones. As a boy, Josiah has a few more choices, otherwise I'd pick him.

First, she would be able to take off her purity ring if she wanted.

Then I would enroll her in middle school and gymnastics.

I'd teach Jennifer how to ride a bike (with training wheels) because I don't think anyone has taken care of that yet. Jordyn can get a little scooter. Hannie could maybe get ice skates so we could go skating on the lake when it's frozen.

Joy could go to drama club (remember how well she did in that movie?).

Too bad all that is just not going to happen :(

I wasn't aware there was enough storage space for jars of fetuses under your bridge.

Ok, both of those comments are really funny. I'm definitely on the bus to hell.

I have a soft spot for a few of them but if I could only take one, it'd be Justin. It's not like anyone would notice he's gone.

True.

You could take Jed, Jer, James, Jason or Justin and no one would notice. I have watched a lot of 19KAC and am good with names but even I can't tell them apart unless they're all together, and then it's only a guess based on height.

I would take Jim Bob. Not because I want him, but because THAT would make an interesting reality show. How would the family dynamics change with no headship? I am aware that Smuggar would be crowned king, but his ability to float this boat is nil. It would be fun to watch J'chelle be forced to learn to be Michelle again and to exercise her ability to be an adult. I suspect that she has the tools. It would be interesting to watch the changes in perspective that the family would evolve.

You could take Jed, Jer, James, Jason or Justin and no one would notice. I have watched a lot of 19KAC and am good with names but even I can't tell them apart unless they're all together, and then it's only a guess based on height.

I think you and Michelle use the same method. :lol:

Edited for typo.

I would probably take one of the older girls. I'd help get her established (education, job) so that she could be a resource and safe haven for all the others if she wanted to be. The fact that those kids don't have any safe place to go if they want to escape is so incredibly sad.

It would be hard to pick just one (I want to adopt the standard Josiah, Joy, Jackson, Hannie, Jennifer, and Jordyn group), but I worry about Josiah, because he seems so depressed and out of place, like he has become lost. I have a knack with teenage boys (I've taken in a couple in the past, and for a while my house was a friend's sons runaway go-to. And yes, I called his mom every time) and I think that I could get him to open up and find himself a bit.

True.

OMG, I thought I was the only one with that problem! They are a collective (like the borg or something!) not people with personalities. It's just sad!

If it's just one, it's got to be Jordyn. I love her adorable little face and three is such a cute age. Three year olds who can talk at least. But she'd catch up fast.

OMG, I thought I was the only one with that problem! They are a collective (like the borg or something!) not people with personalities. It's just sad!

What in the world are you talking about?! Some of them don't like pickles and other ones don't like chocolate ice cream!

Archived