IGNORED

Peanut Butter, The Atheist's Nightmare!

Cassandra

An 'Engineer' explains how millions of jars of peanut butter disprove evolution every day! :roll:

I'm not gonna bother arguing with the video, I posted it purely for the humor.

Bwah hahaha! Please tell me this is a spoof. If not, I think I've finally found someone dumber than Ann Coulter.

I think Ray Comfort should stick his banana in this guys peanut butter, when no new life is created it will be the ultimate proof that evolution is a fraud. Actually, I think these two prove that the human race is in a state of de-evolution. It is only a matter of time before octopuses take us over as top of the chain.

I'm pretty sure it's not a spoof - and it's all the funnier for taking itself seriously.

1) Commercially produced peanut butter and other such products often contain preservatives that in part prevent the growth of bacteria. If that guy found life in a jar of peanut butter, it's less likely to be "new" life than it is to be contamination by already-existing life.

2) Even if a new life-form appeared in a jar of peanut butter, it would probably be microscopic. The naked eye would be unable to detect it.

3) In the video, it looks like that guy had already opened the peanut butter ahead of the take. If so, the interior of the jar had already become contaminated with existing life. He simply couldn't see it (Point 2). His inability to see it doesn't mean it isn't there. He should bust out a microscope.

That video is so brain-dead.

ETA: And 4) New life wouldn't spring from just some random bit of non-living matter - never mind that peanuts are organic in the first place - merely because it is exposed to heat or light. Abiogenesis is more likely with specific kinds of matter.

The banana one is even funnier. Some of the arguments are it's easy to peel, it tastes good, is formed towards the face, easy to hold etc. Wild bananas are nothing like the ones we eat. Bananas have been carefully modified over the years to have that curve. That's not how they naturally occur. Most of the bananas we have a mutants. Fail.

The banana one is even funnier. Some of the arguments are it's easy to peel, it tastes good, is formed towards the face, easy to hold etc. Wild bananas are nothing like the ones we eat. Bananas have been carefully modified over the years to have that curve. That's not how they naturally occur. Most of the bananas we have a mutants. Fail.

Bananas have actually been intelligently designed...by humans. I've always wanted to stymie him by asking about oranges though. They are the most delicious fruit but the most difficult to eat! Is this God's idea of a joke, or does he just not want us to eat oranges. Also, as much as I love bananas, they go rotten in just a few days. If they were designed by an omnipotent being, why didn't he have the sense to make them last longer?

I have not the patience to watch this and I know it would just piss me off anyway.

It sounds like they'll jump at any opportunity to prove that they are totally ignorant of science.

I actually read on NPR a few years back that our mutant bananas aren't sustainable and that unless things change they'll actually die out, and we'll have to change to a new variation.

I actually read on NPR a few years back that our mutant bananas aren't sustainable and that unless things change they'll actually die out, and we'll have to change to a new variation.

Because they are seedless, Cavendish bananas are all clones of each other, made from offshoots of current plants. This means they have very little genetic variation and are therefore very vulnerable to disease. So if a certain fungus or virus becomes widespread, it would drastically reduce the population, possibly to a level that can't recover. This already happened once with a different breed of banana, the gros michel. But if the Cavendish gets wiped out, there's no reason that we couldn't just develop yet another seedless variety, although it would certainly take some time.

Because they are seedless, Cavendish bananas are all clones of each other, made from offshoots of current plants. This means they have very little genetic variation and are therefore very vulnerable to disease. So if a certain fungus or virus becomes widespread, it would drastically reduce the population, possibly to a level that can't recover. This already happened once with a different breed of banana, the gros michel. But if the Cavendish gets wiped out, there's no reason that we couldn't just develop yet another seedless variety, although it would certainly take some time.

Yeah, I read about this back in 9th or 10th grade. Basically Bananas are screwed because they're too "inbred" for lack of a better term. If we don't find a way to diversify them or bring in other types they might become extinct. I mean, unlikely because it's a big market so they'll probably try efforts to save it but it is possible.

the stupid it burns. :angry-fire: the logic is so absent it is amazing. What they have never opened a spoiled jar? did anyone say life started in 2 years or less? or peanuts would nourish life? to post this really shows the stupidity of fundyizim.

I want to know how God gets around the pineapple or the coconut? What about before tools?

That's it! I'm off to get a banana and spoon-full of peanut butter from the kitchen. Creationism is fucking delicious!

Bananas in peanut butter. Mmmmmmm, :angelic-grayflying:

If nothing else I'll thank that dumbass, for I've now learned things about bananas and am inspired enough to learn some more.

Also, there is some sort of banana -> monkey -> evolution joke to be made, but I'm too darn tired to come up with it.

Yeah, I read about this back in 9th or 10th grade. Basically Bananas are screwed because they're too "inbred" for lack of a better term. If we don't find a way to diversify them or bring in other types they might become extinct. I mean, unlikely because it's a big market so they'll probably try efforts to save it but it is possible.

:banana-explosion: :banana-dance: :banana-fingers: :banana-linedance:

I think its amazing we haven't used the banana smileys yet in the only thread that really calls for it :D

:banana-explosion: :banana-dance: :banana-fingers: :banana-linedance:

I think its amazing we haven't used the banana smileys yet in the only thread that really calls for it :D

I cry foul! Any thread with the slightest hint of gay in it calls for...

:banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow:

... an army of gay, dancing bananas!

SOMEONE is going to have to pay for all of the ruined keyboards and laptops around here, or everyone is going to have to stop being so damn funny!!! My kid is giving me the side eye because I had a mouth full of coke when the gay dancing bananas defrauded me and made me laugh my ass off !!

• 3 months later...

Archived