IGNORED

Viewer discretion is advised judge abusing his daughter

latraviata

I just watched a portion of the video on CNN. I had not watched the Youtube. I have NO sympathy for the mother. She jumped right in there and got involved in the abuse. He had not screamed at her to do so; she certainly seems to have done so of her own volition. She raised her voice, she spoke in a firm, certain voice and yelled at the girl, and did not strike me as someone cowering in any sort of fear of her husband.

So fuck her. She is a piece of garbage just like dear ole' dad. :evil:

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, was this a trigger for me. I was hyperventilating a few minutes into it. I was never beaten with a belt -I was spanked, hard, with a piece of oak hardwood floor - and just the beating on the video was torture. But it was the verbal abuse being hurled at poor Hilary that really set me off. THAT I heard, constantly, all the time. Without the f-bombs, but everything else was familiar. That "don't even look at me with that look on your face". I have thought, so many times, that it's a good thing I was a teen in the 70s, because my father would never (NEVER) tolerate a computer in the house now, even if everyone else had 3. There would be no iPods, no cell phones, no texting. We were lucky to have a party line phone, and dad bitched about that. When the shit-ass judge said he should never have allowed a computer in the house, my mind whirled and my heart was beating 100 miles an hour.

I am over 50 years old.

Which just goes to show you that, long after the physical wounds have healed, the emotional ones are still there. They will be forever, I guess.

I was recalling the CNN interview with Michael Pearl. He said he would beat a 7 year old with a belt "10 or 15 licks" for fighting. Hillary got twenty from her father, and one from her mother. Can you imagine beating a 7 year old 15 times for doing something that ALL 7 year old boys do?

I would love for CNN to show the video to Michael Pearl and record his thoughts. My guess is he would fault the judge for being out of control. But the end result is the same. He believes in beating defenseless, small children with a belt for the slightest provocation.

This is all so wrong.

The mother took the first belt from the father. She ordered the girl to turn over. She hit the girl once. My interpretation of her actions is that she was, in a warped sort of way, protecting the girl. Making sure she was beaten on her back or bottom instead of her front or face. Hitting her herself in the hopes that would satisfy the father and he'd stop hitting.

If the father was as abusive as he seems, the mother probably knew, after all these years of marriage, that begging him to stop or telling him not to hit so hard would just ramp him up. She probably knew what words would and would not escalate the situation.

It doesn't absolve her from her actions. But what was her alternative? Leave him? It's hard to leave any abusive partner, because you just don't know if that person's gonna come back after you, maybe with a gun. And in this case: he's a judge. Political connections. He could have gotten custody of the children. At the very least, unsupervised visitation. And then what?

The mother took the first belt from the father. She ordered the girl to turn over. She hit the girl once. My interpretation of her actions is that she was, in a warped sort of way, protecting the girl. Making sure she was beaten on her back or bottom instead of her front or face. Hitting her herself in the hopes that would satisfy the father and he'd stop hitting.

If the father was as abusive as he seems, the mother probably knew, after all these years of marriage, that begging him to stop or telling him not to hit so hard would just ramp him up. She probably knew what words would and would not escalate the situation.

It doesn't absolve her from her actions. But what was her alternative? Leave him? It's hard to leave any abusive partner, because you just don't know if that person's gonna come back after you, maybe with a gun. And in this case: he's a judge. Political connections. He could have gotten custody of the children. At the very least, unsupervised visitation. And then what?

ITTA. The mother started by saying, "I already spanked her", probably hoping that would diffuse the situation. But I agree, no absolution for her. She should have protected her child in the face of what was probably long-term abuse. Despite threats against her. Others have escaped with their kids and the clothes on their backs. Maybe she didn't want to have to give up life as a judge's wife with the social standing that brought. But no excuses. She was wrong too.

I can't bring myself to watch the video, but I hope this guy's life is ruined forever.

How many years can someone get for physical abuse over there?

Not nearly enough. And this guy is a judge in Texas, so he'll probably be found not guilty, if he is ever arrested and charged.

Since this man is a family court judge, does anyone know anything about how he handled child abuse cases in his court.

Apparently he completely dismissed them. I hope someone looks into the cases, and that the parents can sue him.

Anyone else notice that they BOTH had belts when they came back after the mother hit her? I'd hate to think that they would both wail on her at times. :x

I was abused by my grandmother and got the same "If you even look at me...." speech. :(

ITTA. The mother started by saying, "I already spanked her", probably hoping that would diffuse the situation. But I agree, no absolution for her. She should have protected her child in the face of what was probably long-term abuse. Despite threats against her. Others have escaped with their kids and the clothes on their backs. Maybe she didn't want to have to give up life as a judge's wife with the social standing that brought. But no excuses. She was wrong too.

even if it's understandable, it is for a jury to decide her involvement in this, not for the girls. Usually in those cases, abuse is recognized and the mother would get less time. But I think she still need to be prosecuted.

and I could not watch with the sound, just reading you all makes me sick inside. I hope this guy gets prosecuted.

Not nearly enough. And this guy is a judge in Texas, so he'll probably be found not guilty, if he is ever arrested and charged.

Normally I would agree with you, but there is (I hope) way too much public scrutiny for that to happen. Heads are going to roll if this is not dealt with post-haste.

i see what you are saying, but her alternative should've been to put herself in harm's way, to take the beating herself if she had to and call the police and soon as she could. she should've protected that girl with her body and her life if that was necessary. nothing less.

i read the kind of reactions that people on this board have to watching this video and i get more sad with each one. because instead of hyperventilating all i could think was "she is pretty lucky" the entire video. the abuse that i got was, well, i guess i never even realized how bad until now. because i would have traded places with her in a new york minute.

Normally I would agree with you, but there is (I hope) way too much public scrutiny for that to happen. Heads are going to roll if this is not dealt with post-haste.

Crap, I somehow thought he was charged already (but of course it wouldn't work that quickly... stupid me :doh: ).

I hope so. But he's a male judge in Texas, where the Old Boys' Club rules.

Anderson Cooper is covering this now.

I was so hoping Anderson would pick this story up.

i see what you are saying, but her alternative should've been to put herself in harm's way, to take the beating herself if she had to and call the police and soon as she could. she should've protected that girl with her body and her life if that was necessary. nothing less.

i read the kind of reactions that people on this board have to watching this video and i get more sad with each one. because instead of hyperventilating all i could think was "she is pretty lucky" the entire video. the abuse that i got was, well, i guess i never even realized how bad until now. because i would have traded places with her in a new york minute.

She could have put herself in between the father and the girl. But he had enough anger and crazy to be able to beat them both.

She could have called the police. But...judge. He's a politically-connected man. What happens if two of his cop buddies show up and decline to do anything? What happens when they leave?

I'm sorry for what's happened to you in the past, btw.

there is no way he will get away with this if the video is real. it is way too out there to be ignored. This is where the internet really helps people.

From the MSNBC article:

"I lost my temper," Adams told KRIS-TV. "Her mother was there, she wasn't hurt... it was a long time ago... I really don't want to get into this right now because as you can see my life's been made very difficult over this child."

Of course HE'S the victim. It's all his kid's fault.

"When asked if he felt he was going to face suspension or discipline from the state over the video Adams responded, "In my mind I have not done anything wrong other than discipline my child when she was caught stealing. I did lose my temper, I've apologized... it looks worse than it is."

It was a video game. She was 16 years old. And he was way beyond out of control.

Color me horrified.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45135221/ns ... rHme0NKPXo

I really don't want to get into this right now because as you can see my life's been made very difficult over this child."

Wow. Really? Wow. I hope they throw not just the book, but the whole damn encyclopedia at this douche.

Archived