IGNORED

Viewer discretion is advised judge abusing his daughter

latraviata

Guest Anonymous

According to her twitter account, Hillary has filmed a segment on Dr Phil which will be aired tomorrow (9th). If anyone is able to upload it or point to where it can be found online afterwards, I'd be very interested to see it, please. :)

According to the twitter, her mother has now stopped communicating about it via social media, on the advice of lawyers.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to her twitter account, Hillary has filmed a segment on Dr Phil which will be aired tomorrow (9th). If anyone is able to upload it or point to where it can be found online afterwards, I'd be very interested to see it, please. :)

According to the twitter, her mother has now stopped communicating about it via social media, on the advice of lawyers.

Do you mean today, the 9th, or tomorrow?

Guest Anonymous

Do you mean today, the 9th, or tomorrow?

I meant "tomorrow (9th)" because I had lost track of time.... :oops:

I'll go back and check.

Edit: it looks like the episode will be aired today.

Thanks for explaining.

I don't know, I'm torn by this. Not that I agree with Santorum. BUT. His opinion is messed up, but he is entitled to his own opinion, right?! It's like a public pillary for people with the "wrong" opinions. That's kind of intense.

To me, just having this opinion is on a whole different level than beating the hell out of your child, but maybe that's just me.

And so having the opinion that women should be submissive to their husbands and spreading that around to everyone you possibly can is a whole different level from beating your wife, right? The actions are different but they come from the same cause: the assaults on homosexuals come from people like Santorum spreading their intolerance and trying to make it acceptable. Just like domestic abuse of women comes from misogyny, kept alive by people who "have the opinion" that women are lesser.

Rhetoric sets the groundwork for physical manifestations of hate. The philosophy of patriarchy allows men to get to the point of beating their wives and children in some cases. The anti-gay philosophy allows people to get to the point where they believe that beating up gay people is okay in some cases.

I have no sympathy for anyone who actively spreads hate and/or the idea that any person is less than another simply because of their biology.

Anyone else in EST watching Dr Phil?

Comes on at 3 p.m. in our central time zone. Plan to watch it.

Oh lord, not Dr Phil.

Yep, he's gonna put some verbs in his sentences too! :roll:

If there is anything this woman doesn't need, it's to be exploited by Dr. Phil.

I have a felling this thread got pushed off the first page by J'Uterus and and Hillary doesn't deserve that.

What really gets to me is the number of youtube comments that pretty much say "there is a proper way of spanking which is not child abuse but this is."

Are you KIDDING me? ANY kind of spanking, ANY kind of violence, ANY kind of taking advantage of your physical strength is child abuse.

Re: Dr Phil

I should not watch this. Got the wrong video first. "Father accused: Who's telling the truth?" Sexual child abuse, here we go again. Yet another mother who apparently does NOT believe her daughter. WHY do they bring her up with her father!? WHY is he, as in, Dr Phil, so judgemental????

Re: Hillary on Dr Phil

I give her credit for wanting a relationship with him, but I do not think it's healthy for her.

edited because I got into compulsive writing and then all got a little mixed up.

Guest Anonymous

Did anyone see the full show?

I saw the clip where she was crying and appealing to her father.

I have also been following her on twitter.

• 1 month later...

This thread inspired some good discussion of parenting, so I thought I would re-post this here.

Someone on the "Ask Me Anything" subforum would like a thread from a parent who doesn't use corporal punishment.

I would love for someone to post an "Ask a Non-Violent/Non-Spanking/Gentle Discipline Parent." I have wavered for 2 years and in recent months finally decided that I do not want to spank my children. I have, and sincerely regret it. I have seen the negative effects of it first-hand in my family. I also was spanked as a child and have seen, and am continuing to see, the fallout from that and the wide-reaching effects on me and my siblings. I am a Christian with mostly conservative Baptist friends, even though I no longer identify as a Baptist, so when I post anti-spanking articles and stati on Facebook, I get angry and unhelpful responses. I am truly interested in hearing a non-violent parent's perspective! TIA!

I would start one, but I'm not a parent!

This thread inspired some good discussion of parenting, so I thought I would re-post this here.

Someone on the "Ask Me Anything" subforum would like a thread from a parent who doesn't use corporal punishment.

I would start one, but I'm not a parent!

I started one. :)

I have a felling this thread got pushed off the first page by J'Uterus and and Hillary doesn't deserve that.

What really gets to me is the number of youtube comments that pretty much say "there is a proper way of spanking which is not child abuse but this is."

Are you KIDDING me? ANY kind of spanking, ANY kind of violence, ANY kind of taking advantage of your physical strength is child abuse.

Re: Dr Phil

I should not watch this. Got the wrong video first. "Father accused: Who's telling the truth?" Sexual child abuse, here we go again. Yet another mother who apparently does NOT believe her daughter. WHY do they bring her up with her father!? WHY is he, as in, Dr Phil, so judgemental????

Re: Hillary on Dr Phil

I give her credit for wanting a relationship with him, but I do not think it's healthy for her.

edited because I got into compulsive writing and then all got a little mixed up.

I am infuriated with the amount of people who think this is OK. I found the video hard to watch and can't bear to watch it again. There has also been a lot of victim-blaming: people have been digging up info on her to discredit her and paint her as a blackmailing liar. I've been getting into it with a guy on Facebook who's been going around dissing her and saying that she's not a real abuse victim. :x

About the wife. Who endured to have her daughters being whipped. If you say you have been manipulated into something, all of the sudden, you become another victim, instead of being a felon? Really? Indeed?

I wonder what is going on with this case. I googled it and there doesn't seem to be any developments.

This video is so disturbing, and hits so many chords. I was never beaten with a belt, but the verbal abuse, e terrorization are all too familiar.

I hated almost every minute of my childhood in that house, and I had my bags packed for college months before actually moving out. I can't believe so many people are ok of someone treating their kids is way...there is zero excuse for this type of violence.

Archived