IGNORED

Viewer discretion is advised judge abusing his daughter

latraviata

Guest Anonymous

I'm not normally an Old Testament sort of girl, but in this case, I would like to see the punishment fit the crime. for each blow with the doubled up belt he gave his daughter, he should receive the same.

For now, he should be removed from his seat on the bench, disbarment action should commence, and he should find no peace nor hiding from the truth, no matter where he may try to flee to. He deserves to be ruined, and I hope he is. I also question what the hell is going on in that courthouse, that he held a position in a FAMILY law court? His rulings were apparently quite prejudicial to both women and children. Why didn't they at the very least, remove him from family law? What is the matter with those people?

As to the mother -- her daughter loves her and seems to hold no grudge. I completely disagree with the mother's behavior, but I also ask myself what do I know of how this woman was raised. Perhaps she was beaten by her own father, then the abuse continued into her marriage. I don't know. However, as a mother myself, I feel a visceral, incredibly deep anger that this mother ignored one of the most sacred precepts: protect your young, with your life if need be. We see wild creatures do this, yet this girl's mom allowed this to happen?

I'd love to see Hillary sue him and her mother in civil court. Some people understand financial ruin better than they do jail sentences.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is disgusting.

I'm confused how she got the video though. She knew she was going to get beaten and set it up in advance? She got beaten so often that she knew she'd get it eventually? She took a huge risk in getting the video, oh my God. I can't imagine what he would have done if he'd found the camera.

This is disgusting.

I'm confused how she got the video though. She knew she was going to get beaten and set it up in advance? She got beaten so often that she knew she'd get it eventually? She took a huge risk in getting the video, oh my God. I can't imagine what he would have done if he'd found the camera.

I'd guess she was beaten on a regular basis for one reason or another, so she set up the video knowing it was just a matter of time? It certainly was far from the first time he beat her, and presumably wasn't the last before she finally got out of there. I wonder if she has any other videos.

Not watching. Had panic attacks yesterday, don't need more today.

thoughtful, I think your idea of taking away all his control is best.

I wonder if she was worried that he would kill her and wanted evidence in that case. He was so enraged in that video. If I lived in that house, I would fear for my life.

This is disgusting. By the way, I saw that the county is investigating, but Texas also has a state body that monitors judicial conduct. You'll find their complaint form here:

http://www.scjc.state.tx.us/

And if you're interested in contacting the Criminal Justice Division of the Texas Attorney General's Office, they are here:

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/agency/contacts.shtml

Who wants to bet he ends up killing himself in the near future? Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

This.

As a Texan, I'm appalled. I don't have kids but every mother I've ever know (biological or not) has talked about how the first time she saw her baby she knew that she would move mountains to keep her child safe. Hillary should have been that lucky.

Amen. I'm a Texan too. And beating your kids is wrong.

I wonder if she was worried that he would kill her and wanted evidence in that case. He was so enraged in that video. If I lived in that house, I would fear for my life.

I thought her sister took it but in any case the girl is far more tech savvy than her parents, she works in video gaming development now. This wasn't an isolated beating, she knew it might come in handy someday to have it documented.

This is why I'm an atheist.

The more I think about your comment, the angrier it makes me. We don't even know this man's religion, he could be atheist for all we know. Atheists beat the crap out of their kids too, even kill them sometimes. Atheists are no better, or no worse, than any other group.

edited to fix format

I'm not normally an Old Testament sort of girl, but in this case, I would like to see the punishment fit the crime. for each blow with the doubled up belt he gave his daughter, he should receive the same.

For now, he should be removed from his seat on the bench, disbarment action should commence, and he should find no peace nor hiding from the truth, no matter where he may try to flee to. He deserves to be ruined, and I hope he is. I also question what the hell is going on in that courthouse, that he held a position in a FAMILY law court? His rulings were apparently quite prejudicial to both women and children. Why didn't they at the very least, remove him from family law? What is the matter with those people?

As to the mother -- her daughter loves her and seems to hold no grudge. I completely disagree with the mother's behavior, but I also ask myself what do I know of how this woman was raised. Perhaps she was beaten by her own father, then the abuse continued into her marriage. I don't know. However, as a mother myself, I feel a visceral, incredibly deep anger that this mother ignored one of the most sacred precepts: protect your young, with your life if need be. We see wild creatures do this, yet this girl's mom allowed this to happen?

I see what you're saying, but in that vein, we could say the same about the father. Maybe he was raised by an abusive father and was deeply damaged and that's why he did these horrible things to his daughter.

I agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly.

I feel sorry for abused women, but it cannot be an excuse to be a wallflower in these situations. They are adults and have legal (not to mention) moral duty to protect their children. If she's afraid of him, then there are resources she could have turned to and as a judge's spouse, I'm sure she knew that.

Hillary loving her mom or not loving her mom is irrelevant in this argument. Children whose mothers have burned them all over their bodies with cigarettes and dunked them in scalding water still love their mothers. It doesn't mean a thing when discussing the mother's culpability in the matter.

Not to speak for the previous poster, but this is sometimes said because one would think if there were indeed an all powerful god, he would not allow things like this to happen

I won't ever be able to watch that video. It would send me right over the edge, I'm sure. I can't believe a mother would stand by and let something like that happen to her child. She's just as guilty as him in my mind - the only way anyone would ever hurt my kids would have to be over my dead body.

I hope that there is some justice for that girl, and her parents get what they deserve.

Okay, so I'm writing a message to Hillary. So far, I have this:

"Hi... I saw the video on youtube (or well I couldn't watch more than a minute) and I just wanted to tell you how brave you are for posting it. You probably know that already. I hope you do not mind this stranger contacting you. Well, I wanted to write some words of encouragement, but I realize I'm really crappy at that. However, I hope you know that you have support everywhere around the world. No one should have to go through that alone. /From Effie in Sweden"

It's crappy. I do not know what to say... I want to say something encouraging, but probably not anything of what I just came up with. Any help? Any ideas?

Okay, so I'm writing a message to Hillary. So far, I have this:

"Hi... I saw the video on youtube (or well I couldn't watch more than a minute) and I just wanted to tell you how brave you are for posting it. You probably know that already. I hope you do not mind this stranger contacting you. Well, I wanted to write some words of encouragement, but I realize I'm really crappy at that. However, I hope you know that you have support everywhere around the world. No one should have to go through that alone. /From Effie in Sweden"

It's crappy. I do not know what to say... I want to say something encouraging, but probably not anything of what I just came up with. Any help? Any ideas?

I think it's fine the way it is Effie.

Thirded. I dunno what the hell that CNN commenter was talking about...nothing in my way of life involves beating children.

Not to speak for the previous poster, but this is sometimes said because one would think if there were indeed an all powerful god, he would not allow things like this to happen

Not speaking for the OP either, but it could also be a criticism of a religious book that gives people an excuse to beat their children. One might reasonably assume that if their holy book didn't tell them to "correct" their children with rods, then some parents wouldn't be doing it. Of course, this guy seems like he would have been an abusive jerk regardless of religion, but I don't doubt there are some basically good-hearted, decent people who only use corporal punishment because they believe it's what their god is telling them to do.

It's a good reason to be critical of a particular religion, but it says nothing about the existence of deities. I'm not an atheist because people beat their children in the name of their god. I'm an atheist because I haven't seen a shred of evidence that would indicate that deities exist.

Cosigned. More reasons I'm reluctant to give up my Texan voter status to become a resident of WA.

I sent her a message, too, and we're probably not the only ones.

There are no excuses for the mother. NONE. There aren't any for the father either, obviously, but that goes without saying.

I know I have stated this a couple of times before, but I feel it is important. I have been abused (sexually). My sister is pregnant and plans to get back to my parents for childcare. This is the reason I finally got myself to start therapy, because I want to be able to tell her what happened and that she shall not leave her child there unattended. Is this a nice situation? No. Does it scare me? Hell yes. Do I have a choice? NO. Because this unborn child has a right to be protected. If anything happened to her/him, I would have no excuses but my own fear.

It's damn hard. But who would be worth it if not your own children?

I sent her a message, too, and we're probably not the only ones.

There are no excuses for the mother. NONE. There aren't any for the father either, obviously, but that goes without saying.

I know I have stated this a couple of times before, but I feel it is important. I have been abused (sexually). My sister is pregnant and plans to get back to my parents for childcare. This is the reason I finally got myself to start therapy, because I want to be able to tell her what happened and that she shall not leave her child there unattended. Is this a nice situation? No. Does it scare me? Hell yes. Do I have a choice? NO. Because this unborn child has a right to be protected. If anything happened to her/him, I would have no excuses but my own fear.

It's damn hard. But who would be worth it if not your own children?

You are doing the right thing.

I see what you're saying, but in that vein, we could say the same about the father. Maybe he was raised by an abusive father and was deeply damaged and that's why he did these horrible things to his daughter.

I agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly.

I feel sorry for abused women, but it cannot be an excuse to be a wallflower in these situations. They are adults and have legal (not to mention) moral duty to protect their children. If she's afraid of him, then there are resources she could have turned to and as a judge's spouse, I'm sure she knew that.

Hillary loving her mom or not loving her mom is irrelevant in this argument. Children whose mothers have burned them all over their bodies with cigarettes and dunked them in scalding water still love their mothers. It doesn't mean a thing when discussing the mother's culpability in the matter.

Austin, you sum up my feelings exactly. And after watching the video in its entirety (utterly heartbreaking), it looks to me like her mom wasn't cowering in the corner when the beatings took place, she was actively involved, taking her own turn whipping her child and berating her.

Hilary may have forgiven her mother. But I haven't.

ETA missing word.

Archived