IGNORED

Oh yeah, Lina's pregnant...

atheistjd

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or she could be looking for a new Jewisher name for herself. I mean, it's not like Azarah (or whatever the heck it is, all I can think of is Gargamel's cat Azreal) didn't name himself. :?

For some unknown reason ("because TT said so") they have decided to be sephardic. So in that case they can name after the living. TT, jr here we come.

Ah, I didn't realize they were leaning Sephardic. :lol:

Then "Azariah Jr." it is, if a boy, I guess.

I think she should name him/her in honor of her Mexican heritage. That would be cool. Probably won't happen though.

I am the sin in the camp, woohoo! Watch me view unfiltered websites and have unsupervised conversations with the opposite sex!!

I think she should name him/her in honor of her Mexican heritage. That would be cool. Probably won't happen though.

I am the sin in the camp, woohoo! Watch me view unfiltered websites and have unsupervised conversations with the opposite sex!!

I wondered myself if she would integrate any Mexican traditions into her children's lives. Actually, I was wondering how that works in general--it is possible to convert to Judaism and still hang on to some of the traditions(food, dress, certain celebrations) of your national origin, as long as those things aren't opposed to your religion, right?

I wondered myself if she would integrate any Mexican traditions into her children's lives. Actually, I was wondering how that works in general--it is possible to convert to Judaism and still hang on to some of the traditions(food, dress, certain celebrations) of your national origin, as long as those things aren't opposed to your religion, right?

Definitely possible, but Lina probably doesn't consider being Mexican special enough for her.

I wouldn't assume any such thing. In fact, I'd assume exactly the opposite.

Lina, we "evil Free Jingers" tried to warn you.

Exactly! Sure her faux-Jewishness-Yah-Loving spirit got her a lot of slack on FJ, but ultimately, we have tried to warn her that this thing w/ TT is not a good situation she's in right now. We FJs are actually concerned for her wellbeing. Nothing wrong with that.

And what others have said. I dont blog because I don't know if I could take the criticism that mey come. Most bloggers get some major criticism though, it's what happens when you make your life an open book & have very strong/sometimes wrong opinions. People are going to comment.

My cousin's parents are from India. Her father is an Orthodox rabbi (a real, Jewish rabbi) and they follow some secular Indian traditions.

It is very possible to be a Jew while participating in the culture where you live. That is the reason that Jews from different places are so different: Ashkenazi vs. Sephardic vs. Mizrachi traditions, etc.

Or she could be looking for a new Jewisher name for herself. I mean, it's not like Azarah (or whatever the heck it is, all I can think of is Gargamel's cat Azreal) didn't name himself. :?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps thinking that!

Me three!

And as for the different culture thing- I converted to Judaism and my family is very very stereotypical "Irish Scots Catholic". I still go to the Highland games and such. :) If I ever have a little girl, I want her to learn step dancing, and I'm hoping that my little guy will want to learn how to play the bagpipes. (If I have a girl and she wants to play bagpipes, I'd let her too, but so far I only have one and he's a boy!)

I keep thinking of Azaizel, Nightcrawler's father in the X-Men universe. Why yes, I am a geek...

I keep thinking of Azaizel, Nightcrawler's father in the X-Men universe. Why yes, I am a geek...

Pff, his father was meant to be Mystique originally :(

This baby's name is going to out-Jew the Jews and be more Christian than any Christian ever! Because they are God's special snowflakes.

This baby's name is going to out-Jew the Jews and be more Christian than any Christian ever! Because they are God's special snowflakes.

I think you mean G-d's special snowflakes ;)

I'm asking for a Hebrew translation of "G-d's special snowflake". I think its the perfect name for the child.

פתית שלג מיוחד האלוהים (G-d's Special snowflake, using Eloheim)

Although Lina and TT may prefer האל (an abbreviation for Eloheim, HaEl) in place of האלוהים. Or better yet, ליהוה (From Yahweh, or From Yah)!

Didn't she do this before, too? Get her knickers in a twist and go private?

Well, best of luck, Lina. I hope TT isn't as bad as we think he is, and that marriage treats you well, etc.

I suspect she'll be back, though. They might complain about the snarking, but they LIVE for the attention. Why else start a public blog?

And I'm thinking of Azrael from Batman so I'll be joining you in that geekdom.

What, no one is going to mention that Azrael is the name of the Archangel of Death in some extrabiblical traditions? The name literally means Whom God Helps.

I think it would make an ADORABLE baby name. That, or Wormwood.

Archived