IGNORED

Oh yeah, Lina's pregnant...

atheistjd

Ahava - I only learned its meaning later. For me it is a skin care company, for me it feels like someone names her child Pepsi or Nike...

I have always liked name Esther in its Finnish form Ester, but my husband think it is "an old people name", sigh. I like a lot of Hebrew names but most of the Finns couldn´t pronounce them correctly and our name law would not accept the use of some of the names.

I think they will give a very Hebrew name and I don´t see that TT Junior is an option. After all, he already goes by another name.

Edit: idioms and prepositions are kiiiilling me...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they could name it Kochava (snrk).

If it's a boy they will call it Azariah (or possibly AzariYah) and the kid will get bullied for having a girl's name.

Maybe they could name it Kochava (snrk).

If it's a boy they will call it Azariah (or possibly AzariYah) and the kid will get bullied for having a girl's name.

Bullied by whom? That child probably won't ever meet anybody outside their narrow faux-Jewish community as I'm pretty sure Lina intends to homeschool.

Ahava - I only learned its meaning later. For me it is a skin care company, for me it feels like someone names her child Pepsi or Nike...

I have always liked name Esther in its Finnish form Ester, but my husband think it is "an old people name", sigh. I like a lot of Hebrew names but most of the Finns couldn´t pronounce them correctly and our name law would not accept the use of some of the names.

I think they will give a very Hebrew name and I don´t see that TT Junior is an option. After all, he already goes by another name.

Edit: idioms and prepositions are kiiiilling me...

I also love Esther (and Ruth) but my husband also calls them "old people names." Darn it! Luckily we only have boys so far so it hasn't been an issue. :)

I like the name Haleli for a girl. You can steal that, Lina, it's cool.

I feel like she'd go with some of the more mainstream Orthodox Jewish names to try to assimilate into the community. I used to have lots of Orthodox Jewish women students and I had SO many Hadassahs, Devorahs, Chavas, Chayas, Batyas, and Lioras (of the non-Yiddish names). Of course they're all about early 20s though so maybe there are new popular ones. That kind would keep her a speshul snowflake in the Christian blog world but make her fit into the Orthodox world

Bullied by whom? That child probably won't ever meet anybody outside their narrow faux-Jewish community as I'm pretty sure Lina intends to homeschool.

That's what worries me about them having children. She wants to isolate herself, fine, but it's not fair to completely isolate her children and that's what she would do. She never leaves home as it is. Maybe she's okay with being to herself, but her children may have different social needs. It's what bothers me about all these isolated fundies.

To be absolutely fair, I think it's entirely possible that she's just hoping to be pregnant. As this would be her first month trying to conceive she's still naive enough to believe that as long as had sex at the right time then she should totally be pregnant.

To be absolutely fair, I think it's entirely possible that she's just hoping to be pregnant. As this would be her first month trying to conceive she's still naive enough to believe that as long as had sex at the right time then she should totally be pregnant.

This was my thought.

I think she's probably hoping she's pregnant so she won't have to skinny dip in somebody's goldfish pond every month through the winter. Texas is not Minnesota, but I'm sure outdoor bathing is pretty chilly Nov- Feb.

In other news, she flounced.

I have been hurt immensely by a group of women who call themselves the Free Jingers. Their forum was created for the purpose of gossiping and spreading lies in the name of entertainment. Unfortunately, the evil of this group does not remain within their own forum. They can, and will, invade your privacy and post their words directly to your blog.

What they say about words not hurting is false. Yes, sticks and stones may break the bones, but words break the heart and spirit of a person.

I have decided to take a break from blogging. When I will return, I do not know. Hopefully, when I do return, I will have happier news.

Thank you for understanding.

How is it "invading privacy" to post on someone's public blog?? Good grief. Grow up.

Oh yes, definite possibility.

I guess we'll never know now though - I'm sure she's gone for good :roll:

Toldja she'd leave if y'all kept speculating. :angelic-halo:

Seriously though...speculating about something is not lying about it. Gossip, sure. But if it's not true, and nobody's SAYING it's true, why be so worried?? (Unless it is true, of course, or just hits too close to home!) Why not just set the record straight?!

I think if I found out people were talking about me on a public forum somewhere like this...it would amuse me. But then again, I'm not a fundie anymore.

Toldja she'd leave if y'all kept speculating. :angelic-halo:

Seriously though...speculating about something is not lying about it. Gossip, sure. But if it's not true, and nobody's SAYING it's true, why be so worried?? (Unless it is true, of course, or just hits too close to home!) Why not just set the record straight?!

I think if I found out people were talking about me on a public forum somewhere like this...it would amuse me. But then again, I'm not a fundie anymore.

Honestly, I would not be thrilled. But that's why I don't have a blog or put my sh*t out there on any social networking sites. If you choose to do that, such is the risk you take. I have seen many bloggers take much worse... You need some pretty thick skin to handle the internet age and I am afraid dear delicate Lina does not have it. I feel for her, but maybe a public blog is not the way to go if you're that easily hurt.

You need some pretty thick skin to handle the internet age and I am afraid dear delicate Lina does not have it. I feel for her, but maybe a public blog is not the way to go if you're that easily hurt.

Yeah...some people just don't get that this stuff is PUBLIC. Even if you start with a small circle of readers, sooner or later other people you don't know are going to find it!

as a rule virtually none of the orthodox jewish brides get pregnant in the first 3 months. the reason for this is because they generally take the pill for 3 months before the wedding, in order to regulate their cycle so that the night of the wedding they are premissible to touch. so, if Lina really is pregnant she is either 1. crazy fertile which might result in a duggar like scenario or 2. wasn't on the pill in order to regular her cycle which means she had no way of assuring she'd be kosher on her wedding night.

Uh... some people take pills. I wouldn't say most. Most people track their cycle when dating/engaged, so they know when to time the wedding.

And I definitely know people who got pregnant on their wedding night.

I would never wish infertility on anyone who wants a child, but I'm not going to lie. The prospect of them having children horrifies me. They are not ready to deal with that. I just get this "play house" vibe from them. They hardly know each other in all honesty and they have not been married long enough to have the reality of it sink in. What happens when the honeymoon is over and there habits and issues come to the surface? She seems so wishy-washy with her beliefs and I could see her suddenly changing her mind and realizing she is stuck with TT. Or TT's true colors are not what she thought. Things most people learn by taking the time to get to know each other she didn't do. He seems like a dick from what I can tell.

I feel terrible hoping they don't have any children. I just have a bad feeling about her situation and I just hate seeing yet more children being brought into the world in a bad situation, especially on purpose. It's not fair to her children. Life's already unfair, don't make it worse on them but making it unfair on purpose. As time goes on, she's going to realize that this isn't a game of house. Play time is going to be over soon.

If she does have children, they'll be in my prayers. They will need all the prayers they can get. Maybe it'll make them grow up (maybe, I can hope).

My 19 year old step bro knocked up a girl and they had a quickie wedding. He was so irresponsible before, but marriage and fatherhood actually made him mature really quickly.

In a way, I'd say the same for myself. I got married really young, right after I'd made some pretty dramatic religious changes in my life, etc... I was actually even younger than Lina. I became a mom exactly one year later, and I have to say, being a mother and a wife matured me in a way that I wouldn't have imagined. Most people assume I'm 5 or more years older than I am because they consider me to be "so mature", but I think that's just because I married and became a mom really young.

Of course there are always the parents who dont mature with parenthood. But many people do. I am not so worried about Lina if she becomes preg. Parenthood might help her mature and might be a good thing for her.

All this assuming that TT Isn't an asshole and abusive.

Kinda off topic, but what did Orthodox Jewish brides do before the pill was around to regulate things? Just plan the wedding the best you could and hope that mother nature cooperated? That seems stressful.

The biggest reason why not to get married when you have your period is that in addition to not being able to touch, if you're getting married while on your period or in the 7 days afterward, you're not allowed to be in seclusion with your spouse until you go to the mikva, so it can get awkward. If someone does have their period, they usually just sleep at their parents homes or whatever until they go to the mikva, or a kid sleeps over at their house. Major breech of privacy, it seems, which is why people really try to avoid a wedding during the nidda period.

The biggest reason why not to get married when you have your period is that in addition to not being able to touch, if you're getting married while on your period or in the 7 days afterward, you're not allowed to be in seclusion with your spouse until you go to the mikva, so it can get awkward. If someone does have their period, they usually just sleep at their parents homes or whatever until they go to the mikva, or a kid sleeps over at their house. Major breech of privacy, it seems, which is why people really try to avoid a wedding during the nidda period.

Interesting... this custom is very practical for promoting procreation by encouraging couples to "reunite" during the timeframe for ovulation generally 14 days after the onset of menstruation.

Is she even MARRIED under Jewish law and custom? Does a civil ceremony in the park even count?

Nope. She's not married under Jewish law, mostly because she's not Jewish. But also because she and TT went through none of the religious rituals. They had a quickie civil wedding.

I wouldn't know this except for the fact that I went to a FABULOUS Jewish wedding two months ago and got a thorough schooling in what's involved in a Jewish wedding from the people we were seated next to - who seemed only too happy to educate the nice Irish Catholic woman with all the questions.

Yea I'm putting my money on preggers. As much as I cannot stand Lina, she's bound to be a better mother than That Wife.

A feral cat would be a better mother than TW.

Why can't you be alone together until after the mikvah? Is that true every month or just for the marriage month? I'm confused.

All this assuming that TT Isn't an asshole and abusive.

I wouldn't assume any such thing. In fact, I'd assume exactly the opposite.

Lina, we "evil Free Jingers" tried to warn you.

I'm betting on a Jewish name but with a speshul spelling. She doesn't want her kid to just be some ordinary Jew, after all. She'll claim Jesus prefers modern spellings or something like that. Maybe she'll even name the kid Jesus, and pronounced the English way with a hard J.

What to name a child could be a real dilemma for her --

go self-centered/worshipful of TT, and name a child after the parent of the same gender, or . . .

be TheBestFakeJewsEver by following the custom of not naming the child for a living person, or . . .

make up some NamingVersionOfASwimmingPoolMikveh tradition of their own?

What to do, what to do . . .

What to name a child could be a real dilemma for her --

go self-centered/worshipful of TT, and name a child after the parent of the same gender, or . . .

be TheBestFakeJewsEver by following the custom of not naming the child for a living person, or . . .

make up some NamingVersionOfASwimmingPoolMikveh tradition of their own?

What to do, what to do . . .

For some unknown reason ("because TT said so") they have decided to be sephardic. So in that case they can name after the living. TT, jr here we come.

Archived