IGNORED

Oh yeah, Lina's pregnant...

atheistjd

I would never wish infertility on anyone who wants a child, but I'm not going to lie. The prospect of them having children horrifies me. They are not ready to deal with that. I just get this "play house" vibe from them. They hardly know each other in all honesty and they have not been married long enough to have the reality of it sink in. What happens when the honeymoon is over and there habits and issues come to the surface? She seems so wishy-washy with her beliefs and I could see her suddenly changing her mind and realizing she is stuck with TT. Or TT's true colors are not what she thought. Things most people learn by taking the time to get to know each other she didn't do. He seems like a dick from what I can tell.

I feel terrible hoping they don't have any children. I just have a bad feeling about her situation and I just hate seeing yet more children being brought into the world in a bad situation, especially on purpose. It's not fair to her children. Life's already unfair, don't make it worse on them but making it unfair on purpose. As time goes on, she's going to realize that this isn't a game of house. Play time is going to be over soon.

If she does have children, they'll be in my prayers. They will need all the prayers they can get. Maybe it'll make them grow up (maybe, I can hope).

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would never wish infertility on anyone who wants a child, but I'm not going to lie. The prospect of them having children horrifies me. They are not ready to deal with that. I just get this "play house" vibe from them. They hardly know each other in all honesty and they have not been married long enough to have the reality of it sink in. What happens when the honeymoon is over and there habits and issues come to the surface? She seems so wishy-washy with her beliefs and I could see her suddenly changing her mind and realizing she is stuck with TT. Or TT's true colors are not what she thought. Things most people learn by taking the time to get to know each other she didn't do. He seems like a dick from what I can tell.

I feel terrible hoping they don't have any children. I just have a bad feeling about her situation and I just hate seeing yet more children being brought into the world in a bad situation, especially on purpose. It's not fair to her children. Life's already unfair, don't make it worse on them but making it unfair on purpose. As time goes on, she's going to realize that this isn't a game of house. Play time is going to be over soon.

If she does have children, they'll be in my prayers. They will need all the prayers they can get. Maybe it'll make them grow up (maybe, I can hope).

I think it will "maybe" throw some reality into their life, but it should not be any baby's job to make their parents "grow up". I worry she is having a baby for some job - to fill her loneliness, to present a "front" of happy family, whatever it is, I just do not think that the decision was one well thought out with not only the positives, but also the negatives. Parenthood is not easy, especially if you end up doing most of it on your own because your husband is an asshole.

I totally agree with you on the playing house vibe. I think she compensates for the lack of connection not only her marriage, but life overall, by making fall desserts and writing on her blog about how awesome things are with them, as I really think they know very little of each other on a genuine, intimate level, and while I think she has dreams that a baby will bring them "closer together", most of us who have done a little living - kids or not - realize that even the strongest relationships undergo a shift in dynamics when children are added, and it takes a very open, honest, committed and egalitarian couple to be there to support each other and maintain that relationship. I would say most of these young women we see linked on these forums just do not have that to start out with. I don't have kids, and may never have any of my own by choice, but I have seen that reality play out time and time again amongst my peers. I really can foresee things going to shit in the Lina/TT household with the introduction of a new baby, and that is scary because I see a lot of potential for abuse/manipulation, etc there.

I think some mature people are able to, even in a "honeymoon" period, be honest about faults, recognize them in themselves and respect them in each other with acceptance and so forth and thus not have that harsh adjustment as the years pass or children arrive, but Lina strikes me as someone who still believes that unicorns crap rainbows and that her life will be a perfect fairytale (though I see chinks in the armour, I think she thinks if she just tries harder it will come true...)

This is always my fear with our favorite bloggers of "delicate composition" or whatever they call it. If you are too low energy/lazy/delicate to handle being in the real world, the QF lifestyle seems to be a bad fit.

I feel like these young ladies bend over backwards to justify hiding in their homes, and in the process embrace a philosophy that will leave them more overwhelmed than a simple job. Of course, it is usually the children who bear the brunt of it - SOTRDT, abusive/lazy discipline techniques, and eventually, the older daughters just taking over while you take bubble baths or whatever. But up front, I almost feel bad for them. It's like they don't have the reasoning skills to take their immediate desire - "I want a slow, easy life and thus will *just* (HA) be a mother, but to make that seem like a "calling" or feel important about myself I will build this whole religion around my fertility" - to the logical conclusion, which is a ridiculously hectic life.

I too think she is in for a VERY rude awakening...

Yeah, the last thing I think when I see my friends and family members who are parents is that it is the way to the easy life - whether there is a stay at home parent or two working parents, parenthood is certainly not slow and easy. Yes, I can appreciate it would be an interesting experience, and joy at times I am sure if you are truly prepared for it, but certainly NOT the slow and easy life!

I just don't think some of these bloggers have had enough life experience or maturity to know themselves enough to know what they want for themselves in their life, and they adopt either fear-based reasoning (have kids = stay at home and hide) or adopt the mantras they have been taught growing up (being a mother = ultimate, best thing you can ever do as a woman) without any critical thought as to whether that is true for them. Or perhaps they don't hang around with enough people who are honest with them about parenthood, etc.

I will have to check the old The Young and The Messianic thread; I called a due date, "premature", full weight. Still think their courthouse wedding was shotgun.

I hope the delicate hot house tulip is ready for motherhood; it is awesome, but it is not for the faint of heart. And, um, ew, TT as a Dad? I agree with whomever stated: I hope it is a boy. Then we will get to hear all of the gory details of the bris, and I wonder how she will find a rabbi to perform. Have they even converted yet, or are they still playing Jewish House 2011?

They are still playing Jewish House 2011. It takes a llllooooonnnnggg time to convert and they seem to be in the very beginning stages, considering all the Jesus that is still on her blog.

I thought she was pregnant from Shomer Negiah. Why go through all the courtship with your hands all over each other and then backtrack? I think she found out she was pregnant and decided to get married ASAP and to be publically shomer negiah so she has a way to counter any pregnancy suspicions. "How could I have gotten pregnant before marriage; we did not even touch hands????"

Even a slightly early baby will be small. Four weeks can make a huge difference, especially for someone with Lina's small frame and "delicate composition". I am betting on a baby about 4-6 weeks early but miraculously healthy.

Okay, I know I'm really late to the party with Lina, but can someone explain what she actually believes? To my untrained eye she looks like an observant Jew but then there's Bible references all up in here. Is it like a "Jews for Jesus" kinda thing?

I honestly doubt that their marriage would survive a child. I don't think their marriage will last long anyway. If she's preggers and doesn't have a miscarriage (she must still be really early if she's not officially announcing it), then they will try to tough it out for the sake of the kids but predict they'll be divorced before the kid's 3rd birthday. Lina is so wishy-washy and when she's done with this little phase, she'll be disappointed that her husband won't move onto the next weird thing with her, and she'll leave him. She's also too irresponsible to care for a baby and the whole thing will be a big wake-up call for her. She'll be very surprised that she can't just keep on with her blogging and making up fake Jewish terms.

Okay, I know I'm really late to the party with Lina, but can someone explain what she actually believes? To my untrained eye she looks like an observant Jew but then there's Bible references all up in here. Is it like a "Jews for Jesus" kinda thing?

Yes.

She's trying to become "Orthodox" but still believe in Jesus at the same time. I don't know the process, not having any familiarity with Judaism, but apparently she'd have to lie her ass off to get a rabbi to convert her. Someone else can explain much better than I can.

Not gonna lie, I thought this was going to be about Kristina getting pregnant, like, two seconds after her twins were born. Not outside the realm of possibility, although now that I think about it, very unlikely. :roll:

Read her blog earlier today and thought the exact same thing.

Pregnancy will sure make her life easier -- she'll get a break from posting about the pesky mikveh visits... It's so tough to find a pool!

as a rule virtually none of the orthodox jewish brides get pregnant in the first 3 months. the reason for this is because they generally take the pill for 3 months before the wedding, in order to regulate their cycle so that the night of the wedding they are premissible to touch. so, if Lina really is pregnant she is either 1. crazy fertile which might result in a duggar like scenario or 2. wasn't on the pill in order to regular her cycle which means she had no way of assuring she'd be kosher on her wedding night.

Oh I don't know. The wedding was a very rushed job. It was arranged in a matter of weeks and could conceivably (no pun intended) have been arranged whilst she was on her period and timed to happen before her next one. She made a post within about 10 days of being married about how she obeyed the rules for a menstruating woman in her marriage. I would presume that when she made that post she WAS menstruating. That would mean that her period is due about now, maybe a couple of days late which could account for her hoping/praying.

Lina, get a pregnancy test and put us out of our misery will you?

Jeez I am analysing this woman's menstrual cycle way, way, way too much...

If she's 19 and not on birth control, her cycle probably isn't regular.

And even if she is usually "EXTREMELY REGULAR," it's possible that her period is off thanks to, you know, being married for a month.

Or perhaps just *hoping* to be.

Lina's newest blog post (as a side note, I am not sure simple means what you think it means, dear :roll: ):

and then:

Hmmmmm... :think:

OK, you have to read between the lines for sure, but it is definitely there, right?

How do all these damn people get knocked up 10 seconds after they get married??????????

Guest Anonymous
as a rule virtually none of the orthodox jewish brides get pregnant in the first 3 months. the reason for this is because they generally take the pill for 3 months before the wedding, in order to regulate their cycle so that the night of the wedding they are premissible to touch. so, if Lina really is pregnant she is either 1. crazy fertile which might result in a duggar like scenario or 2. wasn't on the pill in order to regular her cycle which means she had no way of assuring she'd be kosher on her wedding night.

She's not really orthodox though, and the wedding was a rush job.

I am with those predicting that a bouncing 9lb preemie will enter Lina's life this year.

For any future comparison's sake, I was a preemie and weighed 5 lbs. Will be interesting to see what this prospective bundle of joy checks in at. Wouldn't be surprised to see her start to mention that she's "measuring larger than average" as the time approaches.

Not that I'm surprised if she actually is pregnant, but good grief, what a clusterfrick for her if she is. A prime example of why public blogs are NOT a good idea unless you're operating under anonymity.

She's so transparent, with that photo, the "wish," and the bible quote about children. I just do not understand the desire for my personal life to be such the focus of attention. Sure, I have a blog, but I draw a visible enough line that I maintain many aspects of my private life.

They have been married some six weeks now. Weeeell, if they were getting married around her ovulation (if they were imitating all the little details. After all, they got married on the 3rd day of the week...) it is possible she is pregnant (assuming they weren´t giving pieces away from her hymen earlier...). Or maybe she is hoping to get pregnant now.

Damned, I have too much time in my hands. Thinking about some stranger´s menstrual cycle, usch.

But, if she really was virgin and they got pregnant from the first cycle I am bloody jealous.

yes and they anounce it what two weeks before? when she started her cycle?

Soldevi, she would not be the first one to get knocked on the first try

Although if it's been 6 weeks, I think she just got pregnant on her second ovulation.

WOW I have a problem lol

If she's 19 and not on birth control, her cycle probably isn't regular.

And even if she is usually "EXTREMELY REGULAR," it's possible that her period is off thanks to, you know, being married for a month.

really not necessarily...

Her blog post sounds naive as all hell. I'm sure she's praying for a baby and maybe is a day or two late on her period. Like her Jesus-lovin' fundie pals, Lina seem to think being knocked up is fulfilling her one life goal. Sounds to me like if Lina gets a loaf o' challah in her kosher oven she'll be pleased as punch and assume that she and hubs will have a wonderful life together, B"H. I don't mean to poke fun but it really does feel to me like two kids playing house. Then again, Lina is so spineless and "annoyed by feminism" I'm sure she'll cave and do whatever TT wants when the goin' gets tough.

Kinda off topic, but what did Orthodox Jewish brides do before the pill was around to regulate things? Just plan the wedding the best you could and hope that mother nature cooperated? That seems stressful.

How do all these damn people get knocked up 10 seconds after they get married??????????

I don't think it was the 10sec after marriage that did the trick - I think it was the sexy times before the marriage (probably explains the rush to the alter)

really not necessarily...

Yeah, menarche happens earlier and earlier, if you start when you're 11 (if not earlier) and have no complications, you'll be cycling regularly by 19, unless you're just never going to be regular. (One of my friends has gotten her period since she was nine and her cycle varies between 17-25 days, with no real pattern.)

Not surprised at all, hoping her and the baby are back with her parents soon, since TT is the creepiest and scariest ever.

Archived