IGNORED

Oh yeah, Lina's pregnant...

atheistjd

Or perhaps just *hoping* to be.

Lina's newest blog post (as a side note, I am not sure simple means what you think it means, dear :roll: ):

I am hoping (praying)...that Hashem has granted me my request.

and then:

Pondering these words...‎"When a couple unite with love and respect, this is reflected in the quality of their children." (Likutey Moharan I, 15:6)

Hmmmmm... :think:

OK, you have to read between the lines for sure, but it is definitely there, right?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's also a Hebrew baby names book in the background of the pic of the rose.

OK, now she's just effing with our heads :D

Good catch!

Also betting she's preggers. I'd also bet that she'll be just as bad as "baby in the bathroom" mom, just in a different way.

I hope to God it's not a girl. I'd hate to see some poor girl raised to think her whole life revolves around serving her asshole father.

Also betting she's preggers. I'd also bet that she'll be just as bad as "baby in the bathroom" mom, just in a different way.

I hope to God it's not a girl. I'd hate to see some poor girl raised to think her whole life revolves around serving her asshole father.

Unfortunately yes. I bet she won't actually store her baby in the bathroom, though.

Ugh, let me tell you, growing up with a well-meaning but naive mother and a tense, uptight, "ready-to-snap-at-any-moment and talks directly to god so you can't question me" father was no picnic. It's also a formula for raising atheist, feminist daughters.

Oh, like this was a surprise, come on. Touchy-feely, totally unsupervised "courtship," suddenly going "Shomer Negiah," marrying something like two weeks later in a civil ceremony.......I don't think this should come as a shock.

Call me cynical (really, do, because I am), but my bet is that the "Shomer Negiah" pledge was a reaction to their passions getting the better of them - as they so often do in young people, fake Jewish or otherwise - and the hurried marriage was a reaction to a positive pregnancy test that resulted from the moment of passion.

Oh, like this was a surprise, come on. Touchy-feely, totally unsupervised "courtship," suddenly going "Shomer Negiah," marrying something like two weeks later in a civil ceremony.......I don't think this should come as a shock.

Call me cynical (really, do, because I am), but my bet is that the "Shomer Negiah" pledge was a reaction to their passions getting the better of them - as they so often do in young people, fake Jewish or otherwise - and the hurried marriage was a reaction to a positive pregnancy test that resulted from the moment of passion.

Well she's been married for a couple of months now, right? So the timing of the baby's birth should answer that question...

Well she's been married for a couple of months now, right? So the timing of the baby's birth should answer that question...

About a month and a half by my reckoning. I think the due date would be more solid (if she's honest about it) just because babies get born early all the time and unless it's born 3+ months early and full term we can still only guess.

Note: By early I mean wedding day + 40 weeks - 12 weeks.

link pleeeez!

asetapartlife.blogspot.com

My guess is a premature baby that blessedly arrived weighing 8.5 pounds with no ill effects.

Yea I'm putting my money on preggers. As much as I cannot stand Lina, she's bound to be a better mother than That Wife.

That's probably not saying much :D

Actually, I don't know, as I don't follow Lina, but if she is pregnant, I certainly hope she will be a good mother.

They have been married some six weeks now. Weeeell, if they were getting married around her ovulation (if they were imitating all the little details. After all, they got married on the 3rd day of the week...) it is possible she is pregnant (assuming they weren´t giving pieces away from her hymen earlier...). Or maybe she is hoping to get pregnant now.

Damned, I have too much time in my hands. Thinking about some stranger´s menstrual cycle, usch.

But, if she really was virgin and they got pregnant from the first cycle I am bloody jealous.

Pondering these words...‎"When a couple unite with love and respect, this is reflected in the quality of their children." (Likutey Moharan I, 15:6)

Soooooo....if a couple unites with love and respect, they're guaranteed perfect children? No chance of Down syndrome, birth defects, autism, ADHD, etc. etc. etc? Okaaayyyyyyy....

Somehow I knew this thread was going to be about Lina.

Haha me too, only because I just read her blog and thought the exact same thing....YEP! She's knocked up.

I don't hold out much hope for their children, if that is true, and more importantly, if that is what she believes creates "quality" in children. And what exactly is a "quality" child, anyway?

I think parenthood is going to be a very rude awakening for Lina. Who knows, maybe she will take to it like a duck in water, but somehow I suspect that someone who finds lighting candles and washing TT's undies to be "busy" is going to have a pretty harsh time with actually caring for an infant and child 24/7 - and it is so much more than just changing diapers and feeding every couple hours. And we all know there is not going to be much equal parenting going on.

I don't hold out much hope for their children, if that is true, and more importantly, if that is what she believes creates "quality" in children. And what exactly is a "quality" child, anyway?

I think parenthood is going to be a very rude awakening for Lina. Who knows, maybe she will take to it like a duck in water, but somehow I suspect that someone who finds lighting candles and washing TT's undies to be "busy" is going to have a pretty harsh time with actually caring for an infant and child 24/7 - and it is so much more than just changing diapers and feeding every couple hours. And we all know there is not going to be much equal parenting going on.

This is always my fear with our favorite bloggers of "delicate composition" or whatever they call it. If you are too low energy/lazy/delicate to handle being in the real world, the QF lifestyle seems to be a bad fit.

I feel like these young ladies bend over backwards to justify hiding in their homes, and in the process embrace a philosophy that will leave them more overwhelmed than a simple job. Of course, it is usually the children who bear the brunt of it - SOTRDT, abusive/lazy discipline techniques, and eventually, the older daughters just taking over while you take bubble baths or whatever. But up front, I almost feel bad for them. It's like they don't have the reasoning skills to take their immediate desire - "I want a slow, easy life and thus will *just* (HA) be a mother, but to make that seem like a "calling" or feel important about myself I will build this whole religion around my fertility" - to the logical conclusion, which is a ridiculously hectic life.

I too think she is in for a VERY rude awakening...

as a rule virtually none of the orthodox jewish brides get pregnant in the first 3 months. the reason for this is because they generally take the pill for 3 months before the wedding, in order to regulate their cycle so that the night of the wedding they are premissible to touch. so, if Lina really is pregnant she is either 1. crazy fertile which might result in a duggar like scenario or 2. wasn't on the pill in order to regular her cycle which means she had no way of assuring she'd be kosher on her wedding night.

as a rule virtually none of the orthodox jewish brides get pregnant in the first 3 months. the reason for this is because they generally take the pill for 3 months before the wedding, in order to regulate their cycle so that the night of the wedding they are premissible to touch. so, if Lina really is pregnant she is either 1. crazy fertile which might result in a duggar like scenario or 2. wasn't on the pill in order to regular her cycle which means she had no way of assuring she'd be kosher on her wedding night.

I actually thought that's why they did the wedding so quick. She got her period and scheduled the wedding for two weeks out.

Lina's probably too ignorant to do something like that, vicka, because she's not an Orthodox bride, just a wannabe.

Plus, she might have told us something like that, since she told us all about her mikvah and now she will be nidda and blah blah blah.

Archived