IGNORED

ITonramp

clibbyjo

Yeah, Bionicmlle, we are. I started out calling it One Ton Onramp because I just couldn't decipher the whole crunch-up of letters and mixed caps and lowers. Apparently Marketing and Advertising weren't one of the Maxwell's homeschool classes. But we think Stevie reads here, so it's only a matter of time before they change it all up based on these discussions. Hey, they got rid of the frumpers, didn't they?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Steve probably does read here, maybe we should start posting some tips on how they can find a man for Sarah! Praying for a husband to just fall in her lap isn't working; it's time to try something else.

Has anyone seen those tv commercials for Christian Mingle. com? It says "sometimes we wait for God to make the next move when really God is saying, 'it's your turn!'" That describes their situation perfectly. Too bad we can't make a profile for her. I'm sure there's got to be a few fundie guys on there!

I think it's supposed to imply that you can get on their on-ramp and in no time be up to speed with the rest of the IT world.

Ahh, thank you! I can see that now. I don't hear many people call it an "on ramp" locally, so I think that's why I was confused. Now if it had been called ITfeeder, I would've gotten it. ;)

Since Steve probably does read here, maybe we should start posting some tips on how they can find a man for Sarah! Praying for a husband to just fall in her lap isn't working; it's time to try something else.

Has anyone seen those tv commercials for Christian Mingle. com? It says "sometimes we wait for God to make the next move when really God is saying, 'it's your turn!'" That describes their situation perfectly. Too bad we can't make a profile for her. I'm sure there's got to be a few fundie guys on there!

I like this idea! Who will start the thread?

Guest Anonymous
A "feeder"? Seriously? I have never heard that before! Where are you, Haveapicniclife? (in general, of course!). :)

Never heard that either.

In the UK, it would be ITSlipRoad which sounds quite ridiculous too.

Holy shit, I've actually been thinking about a fundie version of Facebook, that promotes dating courting too. I figure that the lack of fundie marriages is partly due to how far all of the fundies are from each other.

I was thinking about starting it myself and consolidating all the fundies so FJ can get all of their snark in one place. :dance: I'll be like the fundie Mark Zuckerberg, except I'll also be the world's biggest troll.

He changed it and apparently erased all history of it from teh webz (how very Stalin-esque!) and I didn't think to save a copy.

Oh, you mean these?

2oK36.jpg

m5n76.jpg

I posted them before when someone asked, but they're always good for a laugh.

As for that "comment from a satisfied customer" marmalade posted, I note that the comment says nothing about the quality of the course itself -- just the person's reaction to the material.

I know you already discussed the answer to the FAQs, but here's how one of them is actually worded:

Whoa, so some guy is going to be spending time on the phone with my twenty-one-year-old daughter "mentoring" her? I don't like the sound of that!

Uh, Steve? Most people do NOT think this way. Your...christ, I can't even think of a word that's strong enough here. Possessiveness? Control? Dominance, maybe? Sure, we'll go with that - your dominance over your daughters (all of your family, really) is downright scary and creepy. :snooty:

Archived