IGNORED

ITonramp

clibbyjo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There teaching "YIKES". Maybe it's a test to see if someone can clean there website up and there hire them, unless it's a girl.

Someone should totally send that link to Steve: "I was going to register my homeschooled son for your HTML class. It's such a blessing that he can learn in a godly environment. But then, as a quality check, I looked at the the HTML for your ITonRamp homepage and found the following errors: [link]. Please address these concerns before I register my child for your class. How will you guarentee that your course won't teach my son to make the same errors you've made in your company homepage?"

The first day the 1 Ton Ramp website went live I took this screen shot from the FAQ (its since been fixed):

8zgr50.png

Yeah, I'd want to shell out money to take an html course from these people. I think rule number one for website publishing is to check for errors before posting.

Oooh, thanks Jessica. That Lissaexplains looks perfect for my 13 yr old!

Yer welcome! I used to make websites on Geocities and wrote all the HTML 'from scratch' instead of using some fancy program and that's the website I used the most. :)

Yer welcome! I used to make websites on Geocities and wrote all the HTML 'from scratch' instead of using some fancy program and that's the website I used the most. :)

My 15 year old is starting it next week :) Thanks!

Wow. I taught myself HTML when I was 11 by simple basic HTML cheat sheets and going to "view source" in menu when visiting websites I liked.

That's how I learned it too.

The first day the 1 Ton Ramp website went live I took this screen shot from the FAQ (its since been fixed):

8zgr50.png

Yeah, I'd want to shell out money to take an html course from these people. I think rule number one for website publishing is to check for errors before posting.

Heh. I remember seeing that same error myself (and other similar ones), and just thinking to myself that their site needed some work!

• 1 month later...

The recent Maxwell post states Anna M is taking an IT on ramp course. I figure she's taking the computer basics course but maybe she's more advanced that that. Do fundies look down on techie girls? Most seem to encourage the traditional pursuits of sewing and cooking. The Botkin girls sang the virtues of computer skills for girls, and it probably comes in handy for their family business. I wonder if the Maxwells see benefits in that too.

Aside from being a male dominated field, there doesn't appear to be anything inherently gender specific about females in the IT field or anything in bible against women in the tech field.

Has there been any fundie leaders coming out opposed to, or discouraging people from teaching their daughters programming? networking? computer security? I'm talking about the back end things, like so much web design and blogging (as those seem fundie approved and treated as drawing/painting and writing.

Comments?

I don't know how she could possibly have enough knowledge to "teach" a computer class. At least Nathan has been working with computers for over 10 years. :? Anna "graduated" HS less than a year ago.

The thing is that in the Maxwell world there is no way Nathan is allowed to teach women, so even if Anna is not as knowledgeable, it will be fine because she is teaching females.

I think that just like many other skills, fundie women can learn it if they use it for "women's work". I doubt that programming would be encouraged, unless it was specifically to help her husband's programming business. But if a woman learns computer skills to use Switched On Schoolhouse with the kids, use Excel for a budget or schedule, surf the web for recipes and modest clothing, design layouts for artsy projects, or blog about biblical womanhood, I think that would be encouraged. It's sort of like the Duggar girls learning and helping with construction projects, but they do it to help their father's business, they usually get the lighter work, and they also tend to do the more decorative things like laying tile, which is hard work but still creative.

I am sure that Steve must lurk here, because, at one point, he went out of his way to explain that their tech business's name is pronounced "I T On Ramp"--rather than, one might suppose, the "One Ton Ramp" we are so fond of.

Guest Anonymous

I read that entry to mean Anna was a student on the course, because it referred to her 'studying'. We saw her reading the HTML manual on that day that Sarah went round taking pictures of what they were all doing at 2pm one afternoon.

I sent an email to make enquiries about the 1TonRamp courses, and Steve replied that they already have female students who speak directly to the mentors, rather than having to go via a female assistant... so I guess even the fundies put their foot down when it comes to getting value for money.

I sent an email to make enquiries about the 1TonRamp courses, and Steve replied that they already have female students who speak directly to the mentors, rather than having to go via a female assistant... so I guess even the fundies put their foot down when it comes to getting value for money.

That's interesting that Steve told you that. I wonder why they haven't changed the FAQs to reflect that.

I'm guessing it's just a "control" thing--do it or you'll never get married and live anywhere but in the belly of Uriah.

Guest Anonymous

That's interesting that Steve told you that. I wonder why they haven't changed the FAQs to reflect that.

He wrote it as a kind of brush off, something like "Yes, that is already happening". I am surprised they would update the FAQs to include how to pronounce 1TonRamp, but not to reflect that. I wonder if Steve might still not approve of such potential for drefrauding, but Nathan may have taken the decision in order to get some cash flowing though the business.

He wrote it as a kind of brush off, something like "Yes, that is already happening". I am surprised they would update the FAQs to include how to pronounce 1TonRamp, but not to reflect that. I wonder if Steve might still not approve of such potential for drefrauding, but Nathan may have taken the decision in order to get some cash flowing though the business.

Bet it's because you're a girl. If you'd written as a "man" you'd have received a totally different answer. ;)

Guest Anonymous

The answers I got were strictly factual so while I might have got a different tone if I had posed as a man, I doubt the answers would have changed. I was also asking about the qualifications of the mentors, and since they don't really have any, I was not surprised by the overall tone of the note. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

A little lol from the Maxwell's most recent post on their ITonramp (or as I call it, 1tontramp)...

“I like that Canadians could take the course. The length of the course was adequate. The students were taken at whatever level they were at and were encouraged to pursue greater learning from there.†[We've actually had a number of Canadians enroll in courses.]

Even Canadians!

Hear that, Canadians? If you continue behaving, they'll promote you to a petting zoo.

Well yeah... We have to get the animals for our homoerotic orgy from somewhere!

Archived