IGNORED

ITonramp

clibbyjo

My 15 year old son got offered a job that pays $80,000 a year today. It involves alot of out of state traveling. Obviously,he is only 15 and he can't drive so it was not even an option yet. My son's computer teacher(who does the same kind of job for his real job) who offered said he will hire my son when he turns 18 if he wants. I told my son if he can make $80,000 at age 18 then he can postpone college if he choses.(Yes, he will still be taking computer classes with his personal teacher and also at community college until he graduates highschool)

He doesn't even need to take the ITonRAMP course! Woohooo! I wonder how many ITonRAMP graduates are starting at $80K a year? LALALALALALA :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohoo! *insert high-five emoticon here* He must be really good if he's got that offer already!

He doesn't even need to take the ITonRAMP course! Woohooo! I wonder how many ITonRAMP graduates are starting at $80K a year? LALALALALALA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure what the job is, but if they say it is testing computers by trying to hack into them, stay away from it. It's a scam, they tried that with my stepson.

If it's not that, then congratulations to your son!

Yaaaay!!! Congratulations. That's awesome. (Any chance you'd be willing to home-school my kid? ;) )

Out of curiosity, how did you find your son's computer teacher?

Not sure what the job is, but if they say it is testing computers by trying to hack into them, stay away from it. It's a scam, they tried that with my stepson.

If it's not that, then congratulations to your son!

Its not a scam, his computer teacher(who is a computer person in real life and also a dad to homeschoolers who are my son's best friends) does the same kind of job but at a higher level. I will let hin do it at 18 if this guy is still able to higher him.

One the computer teacher: He works from home when he is here(he travels as well) and offered to teach the kids advanced computer classes the past 2 years. My son has taken all the ones he has offered and will continue. My son usually is the "helper" in the class now because he knows so much,which is why the guy could offer the job because he knows my son's computer skills. :) MY kids reads computer programming books for fun. :shifty:

wow, congratulations to your son, and to you clibby, because you're the one who homeschooled him! and kudos to you for not being "college at all costs" like my parents were. I could have earned a lot more than I do now going to trade school or just starting to work at 18, but my dad is from France and in his culture you have to go to university no matter what, even just college isn't enough :ugeek: , so he paid, I went and lost 3 years of my life. So all the power to you for being such a great mom... that would teach our fundies what ebil secular homeschoolers can do!

80k at 15?

god has laid upon my heart to see if i could get your permission to see if your son could court my daughter.

80k at 15?

god has laid upon my heart to see if i could get your permission to see if your son could court my daughter.

:happy-cheerleadersmileyguy::happy-cheerleadersmileyguy::happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

Switch your son to homeschool or an online charter and let him have the job. It's a hell of a lot better experience than wasting 2 or 3 more years in high school. Homeschool does not need to be Wisdom Booklets!!

Check out the book College Without High School

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone rejoice! IT On Ramp has opened a session on writing HTML! Here over to their blog to read all about it!

http://www.titus2 dot com/blog/index.php/2011/08/22/new-itonramp-course/

For $475, you get a 10 week course on how to do HTML. I'm not sure what the going rate for HTML courses are, but I taught myself HTML when I needed to use it and it wasn't all that hard. I guess this would be helpful for those that have little computer background. Still, isn't this a bit steep for what sounds like very basic tutorial taught by a guy barely out of high school?

I guess this IT on Ramp thing must be doing well if they're adding more classes on it. Maybe after they saturate their market with their scheduling books, the Maxwells will start a new business of teaching basic GODLY computer courses online to those who don't know there are cheaper options out there....

Everyone rejoice! IT On Ramp has opened a session on writing HTML! Here over to their blog to read all about it!

http://www.titus2 dot com/blog/index.php/2011/08/22/new-itonramp-course/

For $475, you get a 10 week course on how to do HTML. I'm not sure what the going rate for HTML courses are, but I taught myself HTML when I needed to use it and it wasn't all that hard. I guess this would be helpful for those that have little computer background. Still, isn't this a bit steep for what sounds like very basic tutorial taught by a guy barely out of high school?

I guess this IT on Ramp thing must be doing well if they're adding more classes on it. Maybe after they saturate their market with their scheduling books, the Maxwells will start a new business of teaching basic GODLY computer courses online to those who don't know there are cheaper options out there....

Why would anyone pay to learn from Joseph Maxwell when he himself didn't learn from anyone else? They learn on their own through books. They have no credentials. Then they want to charge money to teach other people...the hypocrisy is astounding. The Maxwell's are against teachers for their own family but are more than willing to pimp themselves and their self-taught knowledge.

How do they convince themselves to vilify outside teachers then attempt to become just that themselves?

I guess this IT on Ramp thing must be doing well if they're adding more classes on it.

Alternative explanation: they're doing badly and need new offerings to attract customers.

Also, a ten-week HTML course, you say? Like this free ten-week HTML course from About.com?

Edit: Oh, hey, I just noticed that they didn't set up their WordPress blog correctly and it has a wonky URL (http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/08/22/new-itonramp-course/) as a result.

Oooh, thanks Jessica. That Lissaexplains looks perfect for my 13 yr old!

Wow. I taught myself HTML when I was 11 by simple basic HTML cheat sheets and going to "view source" in menu when visiting websites I liked.

Guest Anonymous

Why would anyone pay to learn from Joseph Maxwell when he himself didn't learn from anyone else? They learn on their own through books. They have no credentials. Then they want to charge money to teach other people...the hypocrisy is astounding. The Maxwell's are against teachers for their own family but are more than willing to pimp themselves and their self-taught knowledge.

How do they convince themselves to vilify outside teachers then attempt to become just that themselves?

If they follow the same pattern as their earlier courses, when a male student needs technical advice, he will get one of the Maxwell boys to guide him through the material. If a woman calls, she will get a SAHD whose job is to encourage her without imparting any actual expertise.

Guest Anonymous

Come on now, everyone, this isn't ordinary html... it's GOOD, CLEAN, HTML'...!!!!eleventy!!! :lol:

Of course, if John, rather than Joseph, were the teacher it would be 'down and dirty' html, because he's the most deeply defrauding member of the Maxwell clan.....

Come on now, everyone, this isn't ordinary html... it's GOOD, CLEAN, HTML'...!!!!eleventy!!! :lol:

Ah, yes. Who could forget the coding for tables within tables? [penispenispenis=fun"&p="friend] *sigh*

If they follow the same pattern as their earlier courses, when a male student needs technical advice, he will get one of the Maxwell boys to guide him through the material. If a woman calls, she will get a SAHD whose job is to encourage her without imparting any actual expertise.

Yeah, I forgot about that part of it. The sad thing I would be interested in something like this if it was offered for things like writing Java & CSS scripts. Not from the Maxwells though, because of the inherent sexism, and not for that price, because I think I'd pay the same or less at the local community college.

That said, I know 2 guys who work from home doing IT jobs, and I might mention something like this to them as a way to earn extra money (not taking the classes, but setting up something similar and teaching all students equally). It'd be great because both of them are like the anti-Maxwells (pagan stay at home dads).

Archived