IGNORED

Trump 66: Bond, Can't Post Bond

GreyhoundFan

Lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

He said he doesn't want anyone to get hurt. Translation: "I don't go outside if my hair will get wet."

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

image.png.54993d46f809244be43ae808685be14d.png

image.png.d8e4e2a64316698ee9f78cf303e020f2.png

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 2

I just watched this song parody and I thought it was fantastic! I may be a little biased because I am of the age where I really enjoyed the Muppet movie and seeing The Muppets on Saturday nights.

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

Follow-along thread for the bond hearing in Judge Engoron's case (civil fraud case):

Sigh. 

image.thumb.png.9db7c9ce94b9bcc5bec4528f7c0c0f38.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

It boggles my mind how much money must being spent to run concurrent  lawyers stuff. i can't understand how regular people want to give him money. I can get that the billionaires do in the hopes of even more favorable taxes etc. but why aren't regular people like..nope...I just can't give more money to lawyers.

• I Agree 9

Maybe she's going to try and make money doing sad cooking videos as lawyering doesn't seem to be working out well for her.

• Upvote 6

I'm sorry to ruin the song Danny Boy for you all. May I present Donny boy? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

A fuck smear building might be getting its name changed soon

A suburban New York City high-rise called the Trump Plaza is in need of a new name, many residents say, according to The Guardian.

The news outlet reports the 40-story building owners "are in the middle of a vote which would further erase Trump’s name – something which would not just have implications for the people who live in the building," but also for the "residents and workers in" the "racially diverse city" of New Rochelle.

"I don’t like him," a New Rochelle resident named Yvette told the Guardian. "He did too much ugliness. And it’s not like he tried to hide it, he did it in plain sight."

She added, "Talking about people, s—tholes. He’s just the devil himself. That’s how I look at it, I don’t care for it. And I hope he gets what he deserves."

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Donald keeps saying that the judge is "conflicted".  Will someone, for the love of God, explain to him what conflicted really means?  Are his lawyers just not correcting him because this sounds less like a smear?  

• Upvote 7

This is the last one I'll post, at least for today. It is 6 months old so it's not exactly timely but I like the graphics behind it in the various people who pop up in it. 

I was also a fan of the JibJab year in review when they did those, so I am easily amused by song parodies. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

7 hours ago, Xan said:

Donald keeps saying that the judge is "conflicted".  Will someone, for the love of God, explain to him what conflicted really means?  Are his lawyers just not correcting him because this sounds less like a smear?  

I think it's something he heard from whichever attorney was explaining legal terms at the time and decided to keep spouting it because the orange fornicate smear thought it made him appear smart.

In legal settings conflicts is something that is taken quite seriously and in larger firms there are entire departments dedicated to checking for conflicts so they can see if their attorneys might be conflicted or if there's grounds to attack the judge or other party for being conflicted.  In the smear's instances I assume both the prosecutor and the judge have done their homework to ensure they or anyone on their teams are NOT conflicted before hand.  That way they can ensure that no one so conflicted gets anywhere near the proceedings against the smear and the parties are going into the proceedings with clean hands.  This is especially important with the judge and his staff to maintain neutrality before things really begin.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Everyone is cracking wise about Pecker's name, but I keep thinking about Trump's lawyer's last name. I couldn't decide whether to go with:

Spoiler

Baby Jane:

8nt9co.jpg.55f78d57c6d10693e42d896714ef0b47.jpg

For reference, if it's not familiar:

or

Spoiler

Streetcar:

8nt9wy.jpg.ada564b86e4d5fba1a6fd6a926e4007d.jpg

or

Spoiler

Golden Girls - maybe he'd like to tell Donald:

giphy.gif.bce6f447b690b56bea3ccc0f522e8995.gif

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I think it's something he heard from whichever attorney was explaining legal terms at the time and decided to keep spouting it because the orange fornicate smear thought it made him appear smart.

In legal settings conflicts is something that is taken quite seriously and in larger firms there are entire departments dedicated to checking for conflicts so they can see if their attorneys might be conflicted or if there's grounds to attack the judge or other party for being conflicted.  In the smear's instances I assume both the prosecutor and the judge have done their homework to ensure they or anyone on their teams are NOT conflicted before hand.  That way they can ensure that no one so conflicted gets anywhere near the proceedings against the smear and the parties are going into the proceedings with clean hands.  This is especially important with the judge and his staff to maintain neutrality before things really begin.

Thanks.  That does clarify it.  I just think it would make more sense to say that the judge HAS obvious conflicts.  Saying he IS conflicted opens it to the other meaning of having competing or conflicted feelings about something that you're doing.  He could imply that the judge has glaring conflicts without just saying that he is a conflicted judge.  Somehow, it just puts my teeth on edge.  And if he does think there are conflicts, the doofus ought to say what those conflicts are.  It's a smear without his usual focus on an outright lie.

I would assume that he's trying to tie this into the judge's daughter being a liberal and that he feels loyalty to her at Donny's expense.  That doesn't quite have the flex though that Donald might think it does.

• Upvote 7

Oh, for fuck’s sake:

image.thumb.png.367e4188b954a3440cd07350e331283f.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 9

Well, he had to do something to make himself feel better.  The crowds didn't show up and his trial is going south.  Might as well pretend that he's the fake president.  I wonder which one of his minions thought this one up?

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Everyone is cracking wise about Pecker's name, but I keep thinking about Trump's lawyer's last name. I couldn't decide whether to go with:

Reveal hidden contents

Baby Jane:

8nt9co.jpg.55f78d57c6d10693e42d896714ef0b47.jpg

For reference, if it's not familiar:

or

Reveal hidden contents

Streetcar:

8nt9wy.jpg.ada564b86e4d5fba1a6fd6a926e4007d.jpg

or

Reveal hidden contents

Golden Girls - maybe he'd like to tell Donald:

giphy.gif.bce6f447b690b56bea3ccc0f522e8995.gif

I was talking to a salesman last night about a potential Servo 7.0.  The salesman had one of those names that referred to a certain part of the human anatomy. 

• Upvote 2

Donny is always saying "like no one has ever seen before" and that made me think.  I don't believe anyone has ever seen before an ex-leader of a country giving the keys to the executive building to another ex-leader.  That's a weird kind of first.  

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, 47of74 said:

15 hours ago, Xan said:

Thanks.  That does clarify it.  I just think it would make more sense to say that the judge HAS obvious conflicts.  Saying he IS conflicted opens it to the other meaning of having competing or conflicted feelings about something that you're doing.  He could imply that the judge has glaring conflicts without just saying that he is a conflicted judge.  Somehow, it just puts my teeth on edge.  And if he does think there are conflicts, the doofus ought to say what those conflicts are.  It's a smear without his usual focus on an outright lie.

I would assume that he's trying to tie this into the judge's daughter being a liberal and that he feels loyalty to her at Donny's expense.  That doesn't quite have the flex though that Donald might think it does.

I’ve always heard it referred to as a conflict of interest or, shorthand, conflicts as in ‘I checked for conflicts,’ I’ve never heard someone say ‘conflicted’ it just sounds wrong to me. If I were sitting at counsel table & the opposing attorney said ‘Judge XYZ is conflicted’ I wouldn’t know what they were talking about, but I only practiced for 4 decades, so 🤷‍♀️. But yeah, some lawyer at some point likely talked about a conflict of interest & the stable genius seized upon the word thinking he could add the issue to his litany of complaints about how he’s such a victim.

• Upvote 9

Shoddy dime store lawyer is oblivious.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I'm surprised there weren't some four letter words being shouted.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm surprised there weren't some four letter words being shouted.

Dude sure made a lot of enemies.

• Upvote 4

Sounded like a pretty big crowd?

Ifonly more people would join in!

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, sndral said:

I’ve always heard it referred to as a conflict of interest or, shorthand, conflicts as in ‘I checked for conflicts,’ I’ve never heard someone say ‘conflicted’ it just sounds wrong to me. If I were sitting at counsel table & the opposing attorney said ‘Judge XYZ is conflicted’ I wouldn’t know what they were talking about, but I only practiced for 4 decades, so 🤷‍♀️. But yeah, some lawyer at some point likely talked about a conflict of interest & the stable genius seized upon the word thinking he could add the issue to his litany of complaints about how he’s such a victim.

It's likely something the smear had overheard his attorneys talking about and decided it would make him appear smart if he used it himself.  I myself heard the term used while in law school and while I was working at a large law firm.  In school I asked a classmate if we could pair up for a group project.  Because she was a bankruptcy paralegal at the time, she said she couldn't as she was conflicted out. 

• Thank You 3