IGNORED

Trump 66: Bond, Can't Post Bond

GreyhoundFan

On 4/16/2024 at 5:04 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.6cbff0032b698e526425148525a3e66a.png

I mentioned this last winter that I listened to "The First Will Be Last: A Biblical Perspective On Narcissism" by DC Robertsson.  From scientific and biblical perspectives Robertson pretty much had fuck smear nailed as a malignant narcissist after the first hour.  In coming years psychological experts could write whole fucking textbooks on all the stuff wrong with the aforementioned smear mentally.  And that's just not the malignant narcissism.

• Upvote 5

TFG has his finger on the pulse of the needs of average Americans. /s

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

Donald makes it clear that he hasn't paid attention to the Oscars in years. They changed from saying "the winner is" to "the Oscar goes to" in 1989.

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

From scientific and biblical perspectives Robertson pretty much had fuck smear nailed as a malignant narcissist after the first hour. 

Since he first ran in 2016, I've been saying that the only good thing about Trump's fame and presidency is that those of us who know what a malignant narcissist is won't have to explain it any more, because now everyone knows what they are like.

• Upvote 10

Follow-along thread for today:

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

from cnn:

A woman who was already empaneled to the jury expressed concerns that part of her identity was made public by the media.

Judge Juan Merchan excused her and urged journalists to limit their physical descriptions of jurors.

Merchan also ruled media outlets cannot publish the jurors' answers to question 3 on the questionnaire, which inquires about their current and past employers.

Juror No. 2 told Judge Juan Merchan:

"Aspects of my identity have already been out there in the public, yesterday alone I had friends colleagues and family push things to my phone questioning my identity as a juror," she said.

The juror’s concerns reflected the historic nature of the case and the intense pressure in a polarized political climate that will be on the panel of people who are called to do their civic duty to be fair and impartial.

Merchan then addressed the press in court, telling them "there's a reason this is an anonymous jury."

"We just lost what probably would've been a very good juror," Merchan said. The judge said the juror said she was "afraid" and felt intimated by the press.

------------------Edit to add:

I went back and this is the oncology nurse juror. So it did not take long at all to find her. I hope that those who have found her leave her alone now

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

from cnn:

A woman who was already empaneled to the jury expressed concerns that part of her identity was made public by the media.

Judge Juan Merchan excused her and urged journalists to limit their physical descriptions of jurors.

Merchan also ruled media outlets cannot publish the jurors' answers to question 3 on the questionnaire, which inquires about their current and past employers.

Juror No. 2 told Judge Juan Merchan:

"Aspects of my identity have already been out there in the public, yesterday alone I had friends colleagues and family push things to my phone questioning my identity as a juror," she said.

The juror’s concerns reflected the historic nature of the case and the intense pressure in a polarized political climate that will be on the panel of people who are called to do their civic duty to be fair and impartial.

Merchan then addressed the press in court, telling them "there's a reason this is an anonymous jury."

"We just lost what probably would've been a very good juror," Merchan said. The judge said the juror said she was "afraid" and felt intimated by the press.

------------------Edit to add:

I went back and this is the oncology nurse juror. So it did not take long at all to find her. I hope that those who have found her leave her alone now

Juror #2 has been excused, so she’ll likely be left alone.

They also lost juror #4 who showed up hours late & prosecutors thought might have lied about his criminal background.

I disagree with the article’s conclusion that “the juror’s concerns reflected the historic nature of the case and the intense pressure in a polarized political climate….” IMO the juror’s concern is based on Trump’s habit of inciting his goons to violence & the very real possibility they’ll ID & then try to intimidate/harm jurors.
Merchan & the prosecution need to be concerned about jury tampering by Trump’s rabid supporters.

The press needs to own their irresponsibility in this case, there’s no good reason the public needs to know that juror #1 has an Irish accent, juror #2 is a certain type of nurse, etc. & the press opens these folks up to unwarranted scrutiny & doxing by reporting such details.

Merchan may need to sequester the jury.

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

Trump is pushing the boundaries of the gag order.  I think he's doing it on purpose.  He has no intention of sitting there for weeks and having people remark about him dozing off or drawing pictures of him.  He wants to be sent to another room.

We will see what Merchan does.

• Upvote 8

image.png.54cad3ea10127cd1812a87a7f0741fc9.png

• Upvote 14

29 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.54cad3ea10127cd1812a87a7f0741fc9.png

💃 🪩 

• Upvote 5

image.png.0122f18b4d8539d86a9cb96173f12baf.png

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Link to today's thread:

12 jurors + 1 alternate have been seated, the remaining 5 alternates will be chosen today. Judge Merchan is also expected to hold the Sandoval hearing, in which he will determine which questions prosecutors can ask if Trump chooses to testify. Prosecutors have filed that they wish to ask questions about “all misconduct and criminal acts of the defendant not charged in the indictment”. In other words, among other things, Trump's previous lawsuits, such as the E Jean Carroll civil trial where he was found liable for sexual abuse and defamation, and his civil fraud trial before Judge Engoron. 

• Thank You 9

Oh dear, Trump is mightily afraid of the pending SCOTUS immunity decision...

image.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

I have no faith in SCOTUS, but they'd be crazy to confer immunity on the presidency. It could be the end of their elevated status and power!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

He uses donor money to pay for someone to seek out glowing stories. Malignant narcissism level 100. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

This must be difficult for Donald.  He's never really had to do anything like work.  He's accustomed to talking on the phone, playing some golf, yelling at people, and delegating anything that needs to be done.  Even in the White House, he slept late and left the real work to his aides and staff.  Now he has to get up and actually be somewhere.  He can't yell for a Diet Coke.  He can't request a more comfortable chair.  He can't even get up and leave.

If you think about it, it explains a lot about how so many of his businesses went belly up.  He just can't do the work.  The man doesn't even use a computer.  Someone else must have always arranged the deals.  Donny satisfied himself with spending time refusing to pay fair wages or outright not paying contractors at all.  He thought that was how you came out ahead.

He can't refuse to pay his lawyers now.  There are no more deals to be made with the district attorney's office.  Donny is just stuck listening to people talk about how they don't like him.  No wonder he sat the other day and thought up his "brilliant" idea of printing out puff pieces from rightwing news sites.  That's about all his feeble brain can manage right now.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Xan said:

This must be difficult for Donald.  He's never really had to do anything like work.  He's accustomed to talking on the phone, playing some golf, yelling at people, and delegating anything that needs to be done.  Even in the White House, he slept late and left the real work to his aides and staff.  Now he has to get up and actually be somewhere.  He can't yell for a Diet Coke.  He can't request a more comfortable chair.  He can't even get up and leave.

If you think about it, it explains a lot about how so many of his businesses went belly up.  He just can't do the work.  The man doesn't even use a computer.  Someone else must have always arranged the deals.  Donny satisfied himself with spending time refusing to pay fair wages or outright not paying contractors at all.  He thought that was how you came out ahead.

He can't refuse to pay his lawyers now.  There are no more deals to be made with the district attorney's office.  Donny is just stuck listening to people talk about how they don't like him.  No wonder he sat the other day and thought up his "brilliant" idea of printing out puff pieces from rightwing news sites.  That's about all his feeble brain can manage right now.

His parents did him a huge disservice in not allowing DJT to grow up and experience life’s hard knocks and consequences for decisions he made, because now Trump has no skills or tools to handle the realities of life in the real world. He is akin to a below average in IQ, third grade bully. It’s not pretty…and it seems his sons are equally ill-prepared for life in the world in which they live. They had all better get a grip because if the money goes, so do ALL of their privileges. Wasn’t Trump’s sister a judge? How come she was allowed to hone the appropriate skills to successfully live in the real world???

• Upvote 13

There is a full jury, 12 jurors and 6 alternates. 

Sadly, this happened in front of the courthouse:

There are more images under this spoiler, but please beware, they are quite disturbing. DO NOT peek if you don't want to see very graphic images.

Spoiler

Edited by fraurosena
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

Meanwhile, in the civil fraud case with Judge Engoron:

image.thumb.png.08b7bf1d5e9b746577aa62be6717d867.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

Back to the election interference case with Judge Merchan:

image.thumb.png.f6e591ce78ee2da4b3749aa7efde2ba2.png

Do you guys think we should have separate threads for each of Trump's cases to prevent confusion?

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

I admit that I'm starting to mix up cases and finding it hard to switch back and forth. I don't remember names well so saying the prosecutor or judges name doesn't help me...Maybe a separate thread for the trial that is currently hearing arguments??? and keep this one for everything that's pending?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

36 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I admit that I'm starting to mix up cases and finding it hard to switch back and forth. I don't remember names well so saying the prosecutor or judges name doesn't help me...Maybe a separate thread for the trial that is currently hearing arguments??? and keep this one for everything that's pending?

See new thread:

• Thank You 7

You couldn't make this up:

image.png.87a9f411ddb20581828510c6473ffba8.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 5

Scorecards here! Get your scorecards here! You can't keep Trump's trials straight without a scorecard.

image.png.753f96e61e402c95de79d628c9c9d549.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

Mob boss threatens Biden.

image.png.0f1d1ae7712c60e281b3fbb2cbaa991c.png

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1