IGNORED

Josh & Anna 58: Losing JB's Money All the Way to the Supreme Court

nelliebelle1197

6 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Any news? It’s May now…

I think there was a petition for an extension. 

• Upvote 1

SCOTUS has been pretty busy, avoiding decisions on Drumpf cases while subverting the rights of women, minorities, and LGBTQ....

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 15
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Josh was mentioned briefly on the new Netflix documentary about Ashley Madison.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 4

42 minutes ago, obiwanfreak said:

My husband wants to watch that tonight. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

My husband wants to watch that tonight. 

I hope you didn't waste your time. Smuggar was mentioned in the second episode, but that was it. 

• Upvote 2

I was intrigued by the Sam Rader part. He’s not at the level of Duggar fundie but touts himself as a Christian blogger. His non-apology where he basically said „My wife and my God forgive me for Ashley Madison so you should too“ wasn’t even honest. In real life he had affairs but denied it, like a douche.

• Upvote 14

On 5/18/2024 at 3:16 AM, obiwanfreak said:

I was wondering if he would be. Thanks for confirming 

• Upvote 3

Do we know where Anna and the M’s are living?

• Upvote 4

On 5/20/2024 at 12:26 PM, SassyPants said:

Do we know where Anna and the M’s are living?

We believe in Texas with the Wallers. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Oh! I didn't realize they'd actually moved. I assumed they were still going back and forth from the Duggar compound. How sad. I hope Mac's still in regular contact with whichever aunt she was closest to. 

• Upvote 10

18 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Do we believe that? Do we have any actual concrete evidence? Like @Giraffe, I thought the general consensus was that they were visiting back and forth. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Per a post on Reddit, the USSC has denied Josh’s latest appeal.  That should be the end of the line, unless they get a new attorney and come up with a new reason to appeal.

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 8

7 hours ago, viii said:

Do we believe that? Do we have any actual concrete evidence? Like @Giraffe, I thought the general consensus was that they were visiting back and forth. 

I stand corrected then. 

I really hope Reddit is right. 

• Upvote 7

Legal experts, is this it? The end of the line? Or only the end of the line for this complaint and he’s free to think up another? 

• Upvote 6

Looks like that's the Justice Dept response to the Duggar appeal not the Supreme Court final.  Reddit was a bit ahead of themselves.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

Looks like that's the Justice Dept response to the Duggar appeal not the Supreme Court final.  Reddit was a bit ahead of themselves.

Yeah, the conclusion states that writ SHOULD BE denied. This is the Fed's response to The Felons plea. Remember, they were granted an extension until 5/24, so this makes sense.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

When the defense opted not to put Williams on the stand my immediate thought was oops - don’t they at least want to make a record for appeal by forcing the Judge to limit their direct examination? As it is, the Judge didn’t say absolutely not, he just told them they had to lay a foundation & then he’d decide & the defense opted not to.

In terms of timing, in the normal course the case would be distributed in 2+ weeks & then 2 weeks after would be put on the conference list, but I doubt it will make it to the June 20 conference & thus it’ll end up on the ‘summer’ distribution list & not reach conference until after vacations are over - so end of Sept. before we’ll know whether cert. was granted or denied.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, sndral said:

When the defense opted not to put Williams on the stand my immediate thought was oops - don’t they at least want to make a record for appeal by forcing the Judge to limit their direct examination? As it is, the Judge didn’t say absolutely not, he just told them they had to lay a foundation & then he’d decide & the defense opted not to.

In terms of timing, in the normal course the case would be distributed in 2+ weeks & then 2 weeks after would be put on the conference list, but I doubt it will make it to the June 20 conference & thus it’ll end up on the ‘summer’ distribution list & not reach conference until after vacations are over - so end of Sept. before we’ll know whether cert. was granted or denied.

SCOTUS just approved racial gerrymandering in South Carolina, voted for suppression of women, so letting a pedophile out of jail wouldn't startle me.  (sarcasm with more than a touch of anger)

• Angry 3
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 5/22/2024 at 12:01 PM, viii said:

I would say back and forth but home is in Arkansas. I bet it would be a lot for Wallers to financially support another family. Plus if Anna stays under JimBob's thumb and financially dependent he can control her story and keep her stifled in learning anything outside the borg. 

Spoiler

Her voter registration is in Arkansas. Some people forget to change voter registration when they move so it still isn't conclusive on where they live. But considering they want to have the US to be a theocracy, I bet she would change her voter registration if she fully moved.

• Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 9:10 PM, marmalade said:

I hope you didn't waste your time. Smuggar was mentioned in the second episode, but that was it. 

We didn't watch it just for him. It was actually quite good. 

On 5/18/2024 at 7:32 AM, Pleiades_06 said:

I was intrigued by the Sam Rader part. He’s not at the level of Duggar fundie but touts himself as a Christian blogger. His non-apology where he basically said „My wife and my God forgive me for Ashley Madison so you should too“ wasn’t even honest. In real life he had affairs but denied it, like a douche.

That guy was horrible and that wife a moron. He is probably already cheating  again. He is a piece of garbage. As soon as he started talking about being a Christian my husband rolled his eyes. He has a lovely wife, a good job, a nice house, kids and he is bored? More like full of himself and conceited. 

At least the open couple were honest about it and were fine with it. I don't get it and I don't know how successful it will be in the end, but they aren't lying about it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 10

Ummm…is she hoping Trump pardons her pedo-husband or something??!! Not a good look, Anna!

IMG_1788.png

• Upvote 12
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

That certainly didn't go as Anna expected. 😂

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

That's, um, quite a way to come back to social media. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 11