Jump to content
IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 61


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Cam said:

 

How would I find this?

 

We went on a home tour at Christmas. Two of the houses were in pricey neighborhoods and were devoid of personal touches. We didn’t understand it. In neither home was the owner present (people who organized the tour were there). Not one personal item on the multiple Christmas trees, no framed photos, no magnets or kids’ artwork tacked to the refrigerator, no clutter. It didn’t appear that they simply tidied up before the home tour. The houses just did not feel “lived in”. It was puzzling.

There are some home and garden tours in my area. I wouldn’t take them. I just don’t care. I love home and garden tours of big famous houses built by known architects. Like I love touring Frank Lloyd Wright homes. But these are just pretty houses with well maintained gardens that families live in. 
 

The one house I WILL tour if I’m ever in California is the Winchester house. I love weird old houses with weird old stories. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There are some home and garden tours in my area. I wouldn’t take them. I just don’t care. I love home and garden tours of big famous houses built by known architects. Like I love touring Frank Lloyd Wright homes. But these are just pretty houses with well maintained gardens that families live in. 
 

The one house I WILL tour if I’m ever in California is the Winchester house. I love weird old houses with weird old stories. 

I love touring historic homes! I’ve been to Wright’s Falling Waters and to Monticello, to name a couple. But I love seeing the interior of any house, historic or not, and I love seeing what the floor plan is. One of the first home tours I ever went on was over 25 years ago in my home town. My house was a fixer upper at the time, and I was so inspired by the home owners in my community! I saw an incredible amount of creativity. I will never forget it. I got so many ideas of how to approach remodeling my house. This was long before the internet and DIY blogs,  and at the time, our local cable company didn’t even carry HGTV. My house is pretty nice these days.

  • Upvote 5
  • Love 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else watch their interview on Unplanned Podcast? 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These days people tend to really depersonalize their home furnishings when the house is on the market. It's meant to free potential buyers to imagine their own style/belongings in the house ... kind of a blank slate. I learned this from staying at a Holiday Inn Express watching House Hunters last night.

3 hours ago, Cam said:

I love touring historic homes! I’ve been to Wright’s Falling Waters and to Monticello, to name a couple. But I love seeing the interior of any house, historic or not, and I love seeing what the floor plan is. One of the first home tours I ever went on was over 25 years ago in my home town. My house was a fixer upper at the time, and I was so inspired by the home owners in my community! I saw an incredible amount of creativity. I will never forget it. I got so many ideas of how to approach remodeling my house. This was long before the internet and DIY blogs,  and at the time, our local cable company didn’t even carry HGTV. My house is pretty nice these days.

FLOOR PLANS! I once fell into a rabbit hole of shotgun shack floor plans. I could look at floor plans all day long.

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

They've owned 2 houses in 2 different states and had huge covered porches and a pizza oven in both. I'm jealous.

I thought the California house was the first pizza oven.  Jeremy bought it after SIL bought one as the fad passed through LAC.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's 106 F at my house today. I feel like I'm living in a pizza oven.

Anyone going to buy Jinger's book? I find her far too boring to consider it.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I thought the California house was the first pizza oven.  Jeremy bought it after SIL bought one as the fad passed through LAC.

I could be wrong - but I remember a pizza oven from "before" and I've not watched any? videos since they moved into the purchased house (as far as I remember). 

Speaking of - So they've only been in the "new" CA house for 1 year? And are selling?

Youtube, since I watched the home tour, decided I should see the moving out of the CA rental video. Which was 1 year ago on the youtube date on my TV. 

Or did the rental have a pizza oven? Why do I have a strong memory of them making pizza in a pizza oven and it not looking very good? Maybe I watched a video at the new house and don't remember? My memory is crap. I went and found the zillow pics of the laredo house - which looks exactly like what my memory says - but no pizza oven. Did my mind mush it together and create its own story? 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JMO said:

Anyone else watch their interview on Unplanned Podcast? 

Was that the podcast where Jinger blames "the system" for her upbringing? Because she didn't blame het parents at all.

The house has a pending offer. That was quick.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Underpriced perhaps?

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Underpriced perhaps?

Asking was just $50k more than what they bought it for. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

Was that the podcast where Jinger blames "the system" for her upbringing? Because she didn't blame het parents at all.

 

“The System.” *Cue the dramatic music: Dun-dun-dun!
Reminds me of the 1990s Tom Cruise movie, “The Firm.” 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The timing of this sale makes no sense unless they are moving away from the area. The closing costs alone make this sale a losing financial decision. 
 

He finished his M.Div. In 2022, he could have reached the academic status of ABD, where all his academic classes are completed for his doctorate and he is just working on his dissertation. 
 

He may have been hired by a mega-church and they are moving to a large church in Dallas , or another large city. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Was that the podcast where Jinger blames "the system" for her upbringing? Because she didn't blame het parents at all.

It is, but I was surprised how vocal she is about "the system" compared to the book tour she did after she published her first book.  She's very vocal about how she disagrees with the endless birthing, the parentification, the fact that she wasn't taught critical thinking skills and that they were restricted from organized sports.  I was impressed how much she explained what was happening behind the scenes and when she started disentangling.  

 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2024 at 7:59 AM, Cam said:

We went on a home tour at Christmas. Two of the houses were in pricey neighborhoods and were devoid of personal touches. We didn’t understand it. In neither home was the owner present (people who organized the tour were there). Not one personal item on the multiple Christmas trees, no framed photos, no magnets or kids’ artwork tacked to the refrigerator, no clutter. It didn’t appear that they simply tidied up before the home tour. The houses just did not feel “lived in”. It was puzzling.

My husband's cousin, married with two then-teenage sons, bought a brand-new McMansion with an equally decent sized in-law attachment for his mother back in the late aughts.  We used to go there for family Christmas parties.  Except for the great room, which was turned into a pub room complete with a built-in bar fit for a business and a humongous pool table, every room in the house was devoid of personality.   Even the Christmas tree in the front window boasted all of five ornaments, a couple of strands of lights, and some randomly thrown tinsel.   

One teenage son's bedroom-painted white, of course-consisted of the following:  One full size bed; one dresser; one lamp; and one generic framed print of a ship.  That was it. Nothing personal around.   My son, who was all of 11 or 12 at the time,  snarkily commented to me "Who did they hire to decorate his room, Mom.....a hotel chain?"   

They also had a smaller sitting room downstairs that had nothing in it except a couch.  I would say it felt like a doctor's office waiting room, but at least that would have magazines and some basic pictures/plaques on the wall.  My son recently told me that he used to call that room "the filming room".    

I have to say that at least the mother's in-law section looked lived in.  The rest of the place certainly didn't.  

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched the interview on the Unplanned Podcast, and I'm actually really surprised at how much they said. Jeremy talking about how most of their outings were double dates with Jessa & Ben because he was a grown ass man who wasn't going to be taking a 10 year old kid along on a date with him. Not gonna lie that one had me laughing. Or what a joke it was how they had all these rules for courtship, and the irony behind if you need all these "rules" and chaperones you're not a good person and they shouldn't want her courting him to begin with (which has always been my personal argument too). Talking about the imbalance of kids raising kids. Maybe I was reading too far between the lines, but the whole interview gave me the impression that while they were placing the blame on the institution, I very much felt like there were tons of digs at JB & M. I just think that Jessa is smart enough to know she wants to maintain a relationship with her siblings, and in order to do that she cannot publicly bash her parents outright. Coming out and openly speaking about how bad the IBLP and the way she was raised, is basically calling her parents out without flat out naming names. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m definitely a person who will always call out the system before I call out the individuals in the system. So I get where they are coming from. But behind closed doors, I would absolutely call out my parents for what they did to me. 

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To add to my earlier comment, I thought it was hilarious how Jeremy flat out said he played the long game when it came to the rules. That he had already developed an interest and relationship with Jinger that he wanted to see though, and as he had to watch the 50+ hours of IBLP videos he knew they were bogus but just discussed it from a theology standpoint and didn't buy into it. He also said that he never flat out told Jinger it was wrong, but instead they had discussions about the "rules" and teachings based on what was actually in the Bible and let her come to the realization on her own. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jinger may have signed Jim Bob's NDA to get that $80,000 check that Jill told us about in her book. So "the system" it is, not her parents. 

  • Upvote 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m definitely a person who will always call out the system before I call out the individuals in the system. So I get where they are coming from. But behind closed doors, I would absolutely call out my parents for what they did to me. 

Oh I'm sure to each other they probably do call out her parents to each other in private. But I also think that when you've reached a level of clarity, you also recognize that you can't negotiate with emotional terrorists. I do not have a close relationship with my mom, stemming from things when I was a kid. We aren't close but she's good grandmother (though she lives 12 hours away) and while I definitely have had very heated opinions and conversations with my husband and friends about her, I remain neutral, pleasant, and cordial to her because as I've gotten older I realize that it's just not worth the mental gymnastics to have ongoing drama or hurt feelings. 

4 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Jinger may have signed Jim Bob's NDA to get that $80,000 check that Jill told us about in her book. So "the system" it is, not her parents. 

I don't think they did, because in the interview they said very clearly that even though the show made a lot of money they decided together they weren't going to make money an issue, and realized when want to mix money and family things get complicated. They said they sought counsel and said "we saw bigger issues and weren't going to fight that battle".

They also said she wanted her loved ones to "come out of the system" and her loved ones close, so she didn't want to cause a rift so they could see her living her life the way she wanted to and let them know they could too. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

He finished his M.Div. In 2022, he could have reached the academic status of ABD, where all his academic classes are completed for his doctorate and he is just working on his dissertation. 

The current TMS website shows it's a 3 year program and year 3 is two preaching research projects.  There is one for each semester. They're basically using those two research modules as the dissertation.  It's 125 to 175 pages and their website says they work on it the whole 3 years, but the last year is solely devoted to it and the student need not be in Los Angeles.  Perhaps he's already found a church and will be working as he completes his research projects.  Getting double use for the same research would not be unexpected.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that I'm at the end of the interview, I thought it was particularly interesting that Jinger particularly refuses to name Josh but instead says "my parents named my oldest brother with a J name and then had Jana and John David".  The question was about the J theme.  She also talked about how writing the first book was hard since she knew it was distance family members but she felt it was necessary since she wanted her siblings as well as the general public to see her disavow Gothard.  She said that she purposefully distanced from the system and not her parents to reduce the possible blow back from family members.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2024 at 10:24 AM, LillyP said:

I watched the interview on the Unplanned Podcast, and I'm actually really surprised at how much they said. Jeremy talking about how most of their outings were double dates with Jessa & Ben because he was a grown ass man who wasn't going to be taking a 10 year old kid along on a date with him. Not gonna lie that one had me laughing. Or what a joke it was how they had all these rules for courtship, and the irony behind if you need all these "rules" and chaperones you're not a good person and they shouldn't want her courting him to begin with (which has always been my personal argument too). Talking about the imbalance of kids raising kids. Maybe I was reading too far between the lines, but the whole interview gave me the impression that while they were placing the blame on the institution, I very much felt like there were tons of digs at JB & M. I just think that Jessa is smart enough to know she wants to maintain a relationship with her siblings, and in order to do that she cannot publicly bash her parents outright. Coming out and openly speaking about how bad the IBLP and the way she was raised, is basically calling her parents out without flat out naming names. 

Thanks for a bit of summary, I don't listen to podcasts. I like that JB was “played” by Jeremy. JB gave his daughters tons of parental responsibilities but treated them like small children even as they grew into young adults (and even after marriage!). JB and men like him have a perverted obsession with the virginity of their daughters’ vaginas (WHY??) Was Josh’s crimes against his sisters the reason JB was so ultra-controlling of his daughters’ “courtships”? Did he not trust the guys or not trust the girls or both? How much of that was performative for the show? 

Someone seemed to think Jinger was throwing Jill under the bus by saying it’s not about the money for her and Jeremy. But I think the reason they’re attacking, or challenging, the religion (the system) is because that’s Jeremy’s wheelhouse. Derek has the accounting background, so it makes sense he’d question the money. It’s like a two-pronged approach, attacking JB’s control and manipulation in different areas. Jill is in no way mercenary. We all should be monetarily compensated for our work. The patriarchy has cheated women out of fair wages forever. It is Jill’s right to ask for what’s rightfully hers and to fight for it if she has to.

 

I’m pleasantly surprised Jinger is being mindful with her words so as to not burn bridges with the family and instead, build a bridge for any sibling who wonders if there’s more to life beyond the Tinker Toy house. That said, Jill has a right to her anger towards how she was treated by her parents; she has a right to call them out like she did in her book. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 17
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My daughter and I had a long discussion about those points yesterday.  So far it seems Jill and Jinger found husbands whose approach works with their style and goals.  While Jill can handle burn it to the ground, Jinger has different aims and goals.

  • Upvote 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2024 at 8:14 PM, Kiki03910 said:

It's 106 F at my house today. I feel like I'm living in a pizza oven.

Anyone going to buy Jinger's book? I find her far too boring to consider it.

I’ll probably rent from the library. 

  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’ll probably rent from the library. 

I'd appreciate hearing your take on it, if you're willing to share.

5 hours ago, Cam said:

Thanks for a bit of summary, I don't listen to podcasts. I like that JB was “played” by Jeremy. JB gave his daughters tons of parental responsibilities but treated them like small children even as they grew into young adults (and even after marriage!). JB and men like him have a perverted obsession with the virginity of their daughters’ vaginas (WHY??) Was Josh’s crimes against his sisters the reason JB was so ultra-controlling of his daughters’ “courtships”? Did he not trust the guys or not trust the girls or both? How much of that was performative for the show? 

Someone seemed to think Jinger was throwing Jill under the bus by saying it’s not about the money for her and Jeremy. But I think the reason they’re attacking, or challenging, the religion (the system) is because that’s Jeremy’s wheelhouse. Derek has the accounting background, so it makes sense he’d question the money. It’s like a two-pronged approach, attacking JB’s control and manipulation in different areas. Jill is in no way mercenary. We all should be monetarily compensated for our work. The patriarchy has cheated women out of fair wages forever. It is Jill’s right to ask for what’s rightfully hers and to fight for it if she has to.

 

I’m pleasantly surprised Jinger is being mindful with her words so as to not burn bridges with the family and instead, build a bridge for any sibling who wonders if there’s more to life beyond the Tinker Toy house. That said, Jill has a right to her anger towards how she was treated by her parents; she has a right to call them out like she did in her book. 

This is a really fantastic analysis. Thank you.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.