Jump to content
IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 13: In the Middle of Jesus’ First Relationship


nelliebelle1197

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

What is hospitality training?
 

Restaurant/hotels. I guess it would be a step up for kids who were formerly living on the streets.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haley kept harping about the embassy so I think the connection is there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing is Carver has done plenty of live performances. He was performing all the time with the young originals in Branson Missouri. 200 people isn’t a big deal. She’s just excited to be in another country. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing is Carver has done plenty of live performances. He was performing all the time with the young originals in Branson Missouri. 200 people isn’t a big deal. She’s just excited to be in another country. 

I wonder if she thinks he is on the level of like... One Direction when they were at their peak

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mitchell and Brynn Bontrager welcomed a baby 3 weeks ago, is that 4 or 5 children now for them? They seem a very happy family, Brynn went to Bible college and they also got married in their mid 20s so had more life experience than some other couples on this page...

Edited by no fun funddie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, no fun funddie said:

Mitchell and Brynn Bontrager welcomed a baby 3 weeks ago, is that 4 or 5 children now for them? They seem a very happy family, Brynn went to Bible college and they also got married in their mid 20s so had more life experience than some other couples on this page...

Here are their kids. Do you know if it’s a boy or girl?

018ECC22-31FA-4CF6-BA48-E2F98917D7A2.jpeg

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2024 at 2:26 PM, Caroline said:

What is hospitality training

A scam. 

  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2024 at 3:26 PM, Caroline said:

What is hospitality training?
 

Training for the hospitality industry (hotels, restaurants, tours etc) aka the tourism industry, which is huge in Vietnam--it looks like the charity helps the kids work towards an Australian hospitality certification, which is great. But I do have serious questions about who paid for this pair of vapid nitwits to fly to Vietnam, stay in a 5-star hotel (https://www.panpacific.com/en/hotels-and-resorts/pp-hanoi.html) & get room service. If this came out of the charity's bank account, shame on the founder & I hope all the donors know about this grift. And the charity's founder appears to be Australian--why the hell didn't he just fly a singer up from Australia rather than the east coast of the US?? 

Also, is this the same strumpet-for-Jesus dress that Hailey worn for a dinner at Outback Steakhouse? Based on the looks of the people in the background, she's seriously overdressed for an audience member.

Also--Hailey, if you or your mommy are reading here--it was incredibly rude and immature of you to Instagram yourself & Carver in your seats while the performance was ongoing. Grow up and have respect for Carver's fellow performers & dim & silence your damn phones.

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haley kept saying this was for the embassy, so maybe they paid? 

Everything about this trip seemed very immature

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, no fun funddie said:

Mitchell and Brynn Bontrager welcomed a baby 3 weeks ago, is that 4 or 5 children now for them? They seem a very happy family, Brynn went to Bible college and they also got married in their mid 20s so had more life experience than some other couples on this page...

The marriage wasn't arranged and they knew each other well, because they were local. That makes a difference!

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, justpassingthru said:

Haley kept saying this was for the embassy, so maybe they paid? 

Everything about this trip seemed very immature

I find it EXTREMELY unlikely that the United States embassy paid for the travel of a performer AND his wife to perform for a charity tied to an Australian company: https://www.koto.com.au/koto-international. It is possible that the Australian government paid for it, based on this: https://vietnam.embassy.gov.au/hnoi/50Stories_JimmyPham_EN.html

But frankly, Haley is an immature, unreliable narrator.  And what a waste of a trip on these two--I bet they got very little out of it.

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have yet to see Carver looking like he enjoys himself anywhere. 

It's probably just the male version of RBF but he just doesn't look happy ever. Even in some of the wedding photos 🤣

  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, justpassingthru said:

I have yet to see Carver looking like he enjoys himself anywhere. 

It's probably just the male version of RBF but he just doesn't look happy ever. Even in some of the wedding photos 🤣

Sometimes I think he doesn’t like to smile because he thinks he looks cool when he doesn’t. 

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sometimes I think he doesn’t like to smile because he thinks he looks cool when he doesn’t. 

And since he now has a wife who follows him around like a puppy constantly Instagramming him & talking about how handsome he is...

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And now these twits are headed home from Vietnam. Why the heck aren't they headed on to the Philippines for the missioncation Haley talked about?

I've worked with some artists and authors sponsored by the US State Department, and also authors brought to the US by the Australian government--there is NO WAY either government paid for Carver & his spouse to travel to Vietnam for ONE performance. Artists/creatives who go abroad sponsored by a government go on a TOUR, not one gig. 

Perhaps they paid their own way, perhaps the charity head paid for them (in which case you've got to wonder what his angle is), or the charity paid for them (if so, that is a blatant abuse of donor contributions).

It is possible that school-of-the-dining-room-table graduate Haley thought that getting a visa to visit Vietnam somehow meant that the "embassy" was involved--or that the presence of the Australian Ambassador at the concert made it a an "embassy" event.

  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

And now these twits are headed home from Vietnam. Why the heck aren't they headed on to the Philippines for the missioncation Haley talked about?

I foresee them as the new Lawson and Tiffany - Carver with his half-hearted singing “career” (at least he plays an actual live gig once in a while), Haley as the silly young wife who can’t bear to be separated from hubby for more than ten seconds, she runs back to her parents at every opportunity, lives curated for social media, constant travel but they learn nothing from exposure to these amazing places. Let’s hope they emulate Lawson and Tiffany in another way and don’t get pregnant instantaneously. 

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both of them are clueless, entitled twits. A trip to Vietnam, much less a wonder of the world like Ha Long Bay, is completely wasted on them.

Oh, and they spare a few moments from their globe-trotting to god bother people on the streets of Hanoi who are minding their own business. Assholes.

  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Both of them are clueless, entitled twits. A trip to Vietnam, much less a wonder of the world like Ha Long Bay, is completely wasted on them.

Oh, and they spare a few moments from their globe-trotting to god bother people on the streets of Hanoi who are minding their own business. Assholes.

Were they only in Vietnam for 3 nights? Possibly 4? They spent almost as long in transit as they did on the ground. Probably more, if you really count door-to-door.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Were they only in Vietnam for 3 nights? Possibly 4? They spent almost as long in transit as they did on the ground. Probably more, if you really count door-to-door.

Maybe 4: two in the Hanoi hotel, one night on the excursion boat at Ha Long Bay, and a final night back at the Hanoi hotel.

It is a long ass trip from the US no matter how you go. I am sure they were jet-lagged and with such a short span + international dateline you essentially meet yourself coming & going. Donʻt envy them that stress but theyʻre young and itʻs not like they have to return to actual work. Just more farting around the family compound in FL.

  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Maybe 4: two in the Hanoi hotel, one night on the excursion boat at Ha Long Bay, and a final night back at the Hanoi hotel.

It is a long ass trip from the US no matter how you go. I am sure they were jet-lagged and with such a short span + international dateline you essentially meet yourself coming & going. Donʻt envy them that stress but theyʻre young and itʻs not like they have to return to actual work. Just more farting around the family compound in FL.

I feat that Haley will be pregnant by the end of the summer, and they will both be utterly flabbergasted by the situation.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I feat that Haley will be pregnant by the end of the summer, and they will both be utterly flabbergasted by the situation.

That will be the souvenir from their "mission trip"

  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was looking forward to seeing how Haley would handle being away from her mom for more than a week. We may never know.

  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2024 at 5:00 AM, no fun funddie said:

At this concert they did just a few weeks ago Marlin mentioned 'I think 3 more on the way'... firstly I'm pretty sure he knows how many of his kids or in laws (or in-loves ... ick) are expecting, and secondly, they explained in the concert that Ike (the non Bowers travelling with them) is a friend from Marion Avenue church. It might be nice if Liz is able to do a Mitchel and escape marrying a Bower or Helferich for someone at their church, but I doubt such things would be allowed by Marlin...

So back in February Marlin said "there were three more on the way"

One was Mitchell and Brynn

2 is Allison and Jeremiah

3 is?

My guess would be Carson and Lina since Lina wasn't a bridesmaid at Carver's wedding, but it could be one of the other Bontrager/Helferich matches.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if PCOS runs in the Helferich family. That can run in families and it can affect fertility. The Bontragers are so into the woo I wonder if they would be against seeing a doctor for fertility issues. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.