IGNORED

Trump 65: Dividing His Time Between Court And The Golf Course

GreyhoundFan

Oooh, batting her eyes prettily doesn't work on the judge! Who'd've thunk?

The petty childishness is signature Trump.

• Upvote 8

And he's back on Truth Social posting crap about Carroll.  He's about as thin skinned as anyone I've ever seen.  

I would've thought by now that he'd be hammering away at his plan to keep his minions from okaying an immigration plan.  He'd rather have everything fail so he can say he'll step in and save the country after the next election.  So far today, he's posted 28 "truths".  Two are politics and polls, 3 or 4 are about Fani Willis.  1 is about Gorka's new book.  The rest appear to be about Carroll.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 4

In addition to noting for the record that the defendant left, the Judge also ordered Trump’s entourage to stay seated & not follow him - brilliant. Really highlights what a coward Trump is. 

I can’t wait to see the transcript of Judge Kaplan threatening Habba w/ contempt. Apparently she wanted to use some tweets in her closing argument, I assume she was barred from doing so because they’d not been admitted into evidence during the trial? I guess Habba didn’t take trial advocacy in law school, because if she had she’d know that in closing argument you are limited to the evidence introduced at trial, oh, and she’d know how to get the evidence she wanted to use in closing argument in during trial, like how to lay a foundation to get said evidence admitted, how to impeach a witness with prior inconsistent statements/testimony etc..

• Upvote 10

Only the best people…

image.thumb.png.2ce5e2aa95286aad5dd8a0656696153a.png

• Upvote 7

"He is not the victim"

image.thumb.png.ef0f777f124a6e394ad43cc1182c0f0c.png

Of course, he's still playing the victim card though...

• Thank You 9

Verdict to be read at 4:35. He’s apparently left the courthouse. I don’t know if he knows what the verdict is, but I am a bit surprised he’s not hanging around. It seems like he’d milk the attention either way. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Verdict to be read at 4:35. He’s apparently left the courthouse. I don’t know if he knows what the verdict is, but I am a bit surprised he’s not hanging around. It seems like he’d milk the attention either way. 

I hope he shits a brick when it is read.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

:pb_eek:

Solid advice, but crazy that it had to be given.

Edited by fraurosena
  • I Agree 17

Hide the ketchup.  Along with all the other condiments.

• Upvote 6

He's already saying that he'll appeal and that it's all politically motivated against the Republican party.  He claims that his first amendment rights were taken away.  Big baby.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 5

Wow, I’ve waited on lots of deliberating juries & while you just never know how long they’ll take, that verdict was faster than I’d have predicted.

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, sndral said:

Wow, I’ve waited on lots of deliberating juries & while you just never know how long they’ll take, that’s a really fast verdict.

And it had to be unanimous, and it also was made up of a relatively “favorable” demographic for him. 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Xan said:

He's already saying that he'll appeal and that it's all politically motivated against the Republican party.  He claims that his first amendment rights were taken away.  Big baby.

I was reading that Carroll can continue to sue him if he continues his defamatory statements.  And we know he can’t control his outbursts.  💰 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

And it had to be unanimous, and it also was made up of a relatively “favorable” demographic for him. 

I edited my comment, to tone it down a bit, but yeah, Feds require unanimous in civil cases & they had to agree on numbers for the damages, it was surprisingly fast. Now I’m curious about the jury instructions, I’ll have to see if I can find them.

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

I was reading that Carroll can continue to sue him if he continues his defamatory statements.  And we know he can’t control his outbursts.  💰 

That's my understanding, also. Since he continues to believe that rules are for others but not for himself - and the numerical value of this jury's decision seems to indicate that his actions have already caused a higher $ award ...

But this still doesn't prevent him from the extreme harm he is working toward leveraging on the nation as a whole.

• Upvote 8

25 minutes ago, sndral said:

Wow, I’ve waited on lots of deliberating juries & while you just never know how long they’ll take, that verdict was faster than I’d have predicted.

On the different news programs last night, they were predicting a quick verdict just because the weekend is coming up and the jury wasn't deciding guilt or innocence.  They'd already seen how badly he behaved and they were all ready to get home and have this be over.

• Upvote 10

23 minutes ago, sndral said:

I edited my comment, to tone it down a bit, but yeah, Feds require unanimous in civil cases & they had to agree on numbers for the damages, it was surprisingly fast. Now I’m curious about the jury instructions, I’ll have to see if I can find them.

Same.  From what I remember from law school in cases like these each side tries to agree on proposed jury instructions they'll submit them to the judge then the judge uses them to form the final instructions they give to the jury.  I do wonder if the instructions addressed tangerine toddler's court outbursts, including today's walkout? 

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

:pb_eek:

Solid advice, but crazy that it had to be given.

If it was me I'd probably bite my tongue pretty damn hard to keep from thanking the jury Carroll's attorneys and court staff for putting up with Donny's bullshit.

• Upvote 7

image.png.0e89ba3dd17afc0e642fa18d6563e755.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 4

image.thumb.png.6018ed4681dcc49b77888c2ade35afae.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Jake is all of us…

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Jake is all of us…

Fuck.  I could probably do a better job than Habba even though I haven't passed the bar and have almost no real world experience.  Of course there's no amount of money on God's Green Earth that would make me ever want me to represent that Orange Fuckopotomus.

• Upvote 5

I can't remember where I saw it but I think I read that if he wants to appeal, he has to put up a bond of 120% of the amount owed?

And also that as soon as the appeal is denied, they can start putting liens on his real estate if he doesn't pay up.  Hope that's true.

• Upvote 10

image.png.668a10449ea979a6abb10f8f0563a47c.png

image.png.4d821b9a5fe648818a31918cc34f6e46.png

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic