IGNORED

Trump 65: Dividing His Time Between Court And The Golf Course

GreyhoundFan

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Wanna bet this is how Alina Habba finds out she's fired?

George’s response is too funny. 
image.png.4f38d79f9c7cdec5f337122d7984e1e0.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

Were there tears in his eyes?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 5

He's both.

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He's both.

He’s not denying he did it. He is saying he thinks there was nothing wrong with what he did.  Smoke and mirrors 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

He’s not denying he did it. He is saying he thinks there was nothing wrong with what he did.  Smoke and mirrors 

Yeah.  He's saying that he had every right to attack that women in the dressing room because he was famous and she wasn't that pretty anyway.  And he also thinks he has the right to deny everything and to slander her.  I don't think he can imagine ever doing anything that he considers wrong.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

There's a story out today about Trump being upset that Habba offered lunch to opposing counsel when they were working at Mar-a-Lago.  He actually threw papers across the table and yelled at Habba.  I thought the most interesting thing was that he yelled at Roberta Kaplan as he was leaving.  He said "off the record" and then yelled "See you next Tuesday!"  She didn't understand and neither did I.  If you look it up on urban slang it stands for C*NT.  He really is a low class jerk.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Is anything "off the record" when you meet with the people prosecuting you?

I thought that was just a reporter thing - and not like...binding...either.

I long for the day I don't have to monitor this asshat daily ( I've tried to just not pay attention. i can't)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Just now, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I long for the day I don't have to monitor this asshat daily ( I've tried to just not pay attention. i can't)

Me too.  I'm just waiting for the day he's either in a cell or hiding out in some well-guarded palace in Iran.  Either way, we won't have to hear about his dumbassery on a daily basis.

Today, he's on Truth Social talking about his good buddy, Viktor Orban, and how, when he (Trump!) returns to power there will be "PEACE ON EARTH!"  Now, apparently, he thinks he's Jesus.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I know I've said it so many times...but each time it's magnified. I do NOT understand how people can hear this stuff and still be ok with him. The very idea that a president would "go after" people who wronged him in office should be so extremely offensive. And yet he brags he will do this and people cheer? Why? In normal life we don't do that. Oh I hate that other employee  who got quit and doesn't work here any more - I'm gonna go slash his tires!  

Somebody took my parking spot - so I'm gonna ram them with my truck.

He's blatantly helping rich people do more rich shit. And poor uneducated people are: - "woo hoo. keep getting richer you rich bastard! I love it!"

I don't understand the longevity of his scam. I just find it so difficult to accept that it's been years and  years of scummy, trashy, horrible behavior and people are not getting tired of it. I'd expect a fad to wear out ya know?

and frankly I'm so tired of living in the edges of dystopian autocracy - handmaids tale is scarily close, all the older dystopian government books 1984 animal farm etc.  We all read those books or the cliffs notes. We all learned about WWII/holocaust. and only half of us are like "shit!" the other half are "bring it on"

• I Agree 14

Well, it’s not like he was sharp 20 years ago…

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

No comment on the makeup, but it's rich that he's whining about Fentanyl being more available than groceries given the recent reports of Ronny Jackson's pill mill AKA WH medical office during his tenure.

• Upvote 10

Happy Saturday.

image.thumb.png.3588d3bf4e36477ea2bbef3064ffde1d.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 8

The bar gets lower daily. 

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 8
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2024 at 5:12 AM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I know I've said it so many times...but each time it's magnified. I do NOT understand how people can hear this stuff and still be ok with him. The very idea that a president would "go after" people who wronged him in office should be so extremely offensive. And yet he brags he will do this and people cheer? Why? In normal life we don't do that. Oh I hate that other employee  who got quit and doesn't work here any more - I'm gonna go slash his tires!  

Somebody took my parking spot - so I'm gonna ram them with my truck.

He's blatantly helping rich people do more rich shit. And poor uneducated people are: - "woo hoo. keep getting richer you rich bastard! I love it!"

I don't understand the longevity of his scam. I just find it so difficult to accept that it's been years and  years of scummy, trashy, horrible behavior and people are not getting tired of it. I'd expect a fad to wear out ya know?

and frankly I'm so tired of living in the edges of dystopian autocracy - handmaids tale is scarily close, all the older dystopian government books 1984 animal farm etc.  We all read those books or the cliffs notes. We all learned about WWII/holocaust. and only half of us are like "shit!" the other half are "bring it on"

I get the feeling that more people than I realised are only held back by fear of consequences from slashing the tires, running down the parking spot thief etc. Donny of course has no fear of consequences, having never experienced them, and so they hold him as their champion of what they would like to do in their darkest fantasies.

As to the WW2 lead up parallels - firstly I think a lot of people learned about it, but it was something that happened a long time ago, to people who weren't us and who were in black and white, not colour. They see the propaganda film version of War, sure people die and get injured, but not us - we're the heroes. 

I don't think all leaders need experience of war - but I do think they need the empathy to look at history and to think carefully about the effects on both the troops they send in and the populations who will be affected rather than jumping to glory and jingoism.

20 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

No comment on the makeup, but it's rich that he's whining about Fentanyl being more available than groceries given the recent reports of Ronny Jackson's pill mill AKA WH medical office during his tenure.

Given the WH situation no wonder he thinks it's more easily available than groceries. Can't get a hamberder that quickly! 

• Upvote 10

If we're not at the apex of Donny's crazy, we're pretty damn close.

Spoiler

Screenshot(17913).png.5dbb932975f77605ca53f360476ce4e8.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 2

Okay. Do I know it’s a lie because of the tears in their eyes line, but ithe other tell is that there is no way he would let anyone hug him. He’s a massive germaphobe. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

On 2/3/2024 at 7:11 PM, Xan said:

If we're not at the apex of Donny's crazy, we're pretty damn close.

Hide contents

Screenshot(17913).png.5dbb932975f77605ca53f360476ce4e8.png

I love this response:

image.thumb.png.033b54fad4b842f0954a67129a6044c6.png

• Haha 13

Good grief:

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 2

image.thumb.jpeg.16e6ef32d5a9e9acddfe045423d60bdc.jpeg
image.jpeg.134e125920f739b8e568b8b8bbf84e55.jpeg

image.jpeg.e49876291bd7e08761315b30c87b9535.jpeg

• Disgust 1
  • Thank You 9

Brace yourselves.  The ketchup will be flying in the near future.

The DC Circuit Court of Appeals has made a forceful finding in its opinion that it is the federal courts' responsibility to handle the criminal prosecution of a former president.

One question that has come up repeatedly in this case is if the court system has the ability to try a former president who faced an impeachment proceeding in Congress, and if they can look at the presidential immunity question before a trial.

On both fronts, the appellate judges said they could.

The judicial branch of the federal government is permitted "to oversee the federal criminal prosecution of a former President for his official acts because the fact of the prosecution means that the former President has allegedly acted in defiance of the Congress's laws ... Here former President Trump's actions allegedly violated generally applicable criminal laws, meaning those acts were not properly within the scope of his lawful discretion," they said.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

The appeals court did make it easier for the Supreme Court to just refuse to hear the case.  If they're smart, that's what they'll do.  Thomas has already refused to recuse himself.  If they overturn the appeals court, it's game over for America.

Donald hasn't posted about this yet on Truth Social.  My feeling is that he is still having a huge tantrum and isn't able to type yet.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 8

image.thumb.png.b4629e74fe2ae1388c276e4da21e6b94.png

Here's a link to the full decision: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cadc.40415/gov.uscourts.cadc.40415.1208593677.0.pdf

Trump's head will probably be exploding at this particular passage in the decision:

Since then, hundreds of people who breached the Capitol on January 6, 2021, have been prosecuted and imprisoned. And on August 1, 2023, in Washington, D.C., former President Trump was charged in a four-count Indictment as a result of his actions challenging the election results and interfering with the sequence set forth in the Constitution for the transfer of power from one President to the next. Former President Trump moved to dismiss the Indictment and the district court denied his motion. Today, we affirm the denial. For the purpose of this criminal case, former President Trump has become citizen Trump, with all of the defenses of any other criminal defendant. But any executive immunity that may have protected him while he served as President no longer protects him against this prosecution.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

BigStupid has finally gathered himself together enough to weigh in:

Screenshot(17938).png.233ce0c490cc1d126999b4bbc33b3e6c.png

The country will be ruined!  It will be ruined, I tell you, if you allow me to be prosecuted for my crimes!

Good grief...

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 1

I don’t think there’s enough ketchup in the state of Florida for his rage. I bet his minders are working overtime to calm him down. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic