IGNORED

Trump 65: Dividing His Time Between Court And The Golf Course

GreyhoundFan

I'd like a georgia update as well.

It's shocking to me how much the judges are letting him get away with. It's disgusting.  I understand the possible reasoning but it's still disgusting. Regular people don't get treated with kid gloves. And here this woman has to deal with him acting like this when he's already been convicted. What about protecting somebody NOT trump? or the jurors? Every time he gets away with some snarky comment or out of order behavior it just emboldens him and makes him more justified for the next one. 

• Upvote 9

More poor lawyering from Habba:

image.png.5f1dcf05e25bd90028a5b9bb777a73bd.png

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 1

image.png.c4257a6f1c6053572097a4a8f02638a3.png

• Haha 8

Whine, whine, whine:

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 2

So good to see a judge not putting up with any Trumpian nonsense for a change.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

Trump seems like he's looking worse in that last video.  I sure hope it's stress and it's getting to him.  and I feel a tiny bit bad about saying that but mostly I just hope it's true.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, fraurosena said:

So good to see a judge not putting up with any Trumpian nonsense for a change.

This response made me laugh:

image.png.9d7972586c8f3f68a2e8676db67209b1.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

We need the entire U.S. to be a trump-free zone.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 2

I can't remember if we have a more Jan. 6- or 2024 election-specific thread where this should perhaps go.  This is horrible just to know this kind of thing is happening.  Thankfully no one was hurt (this time).

I'm also baffled because I'm pretty sure the targeted county leans Right.  But no one said RWNJs were the smartest...

https://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/package-mailed-to-rural-california-elections-office-tested-positive-for-fentanyl-authorities-say/article_78a89a30-a05a-58d7-b949-4b9ac5cad4ee.html

• Thank You 7

12 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Trump seems like he's looking worse in that last video.  I sure hope it's stress and it's getting to him.  and I feel a tiny bit bad about saying that but mostly I just hope it's true.

I have noticed the same thing. Without getting into the apparent verbal confusion - his appearance seems much worse. The bronzer looks as if it was obtained from a mortuary (it does) and his long-time white eye circles are now joined by a white lips-mouth circle. His hair looks worse also - frizzed like shredded fiberglass insulation. Something sure seems to be going on.

ETA: He seems to appear as if something is going downhill significantly. I guess time will tell.

Shifting gears: Beth Moore posted once again about Trump.

Christian Author Beth Moore Called Trump a “Verbally Abusive, Artfully and Purposely Divisive Bully” (msn.com)

Sobered by last night and trying to practice what people call radical acceptance, not of a presidential candidate because surprising things happen. Just plainly sobered by the thought that, with other individuals to choose from, masses of people still hail Trump. He’s what they actually want in a leader. A bully. A verbally abusive, artfully and purposely divisive bully who has all but left the Republican Party unrecognizable. I don’t know. I just can’t understand it. Maybe I’ve got a mental block. But, you who are staunch Republicans, why don’t you care about your own party more than that?

Her post was longer than this small clip.

Edited by apple1
  • Upvote 12

1 hour ago, apple1 said:

ETA: He seems to appear as if something is going downhill significantly. I guess time will tell.

Proof:

He's not even making one little bit of sense anymore. Just a steady stream of incoherent consciousness.

He also seems to have lost a significant amount of weight. Something is obviously not right. To which my less than charitable side says: Good. I hope he's so stressed out that he can't eat or sleep, or think clearly, and never has a moment of peace. My schadenfreude knows no bounds at the mere thought.

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

Weight loss in older adults (I guess the exact age depends where you read?) is not considered a good sign.

• Upvote 6

Of course, the Lincoln Project is all over it. That last sentence... :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

• Upvote 7

Just realized that this part was him describing a dementia test. Now why would that be on the top of his mind? :think:

• Upvote 7

The thing is -- that test doesn't get harder.  I've taken it a number of times.  Sometimes if I get to the grocery store and have forgotten my list or I can't remember some celebrity's name, I later take one of the online tests.  They're simple.  You draw a clock.  You name animals.  You subtract 7 from 100 and keep going.  You have to remember some keywords from the beginning of the test.  It's easy.  (Explaining why a whale is different from other animals isn't on any of those tests.)  If someone is still trying to get him to take a baseline mental competency test, they must be worried.

• Upvote 11

image.thumb.png.a755ac937814b00b86f4ca0f93453e69.png

• Upvote 7

What in the world is "debank" /"debanking"?? Is he misusing "debunk"? both in pronunciation and in usage? 

I feel like I'm crazy that this is the world we are in where there's tons of clear cut video evidence that he's nuts and people are like "yes! awesome! I agree completely"

Ya know "back in the day" there wasn't video of everything and not different angles and people could say "oh you misconstrued what I said, the video only shows part/ it was the angle/ etc" but nobody's saying we've misconstrued. We're looking at this nonsense consistently being nuts over numerous interviews/speeches/videos/witnesses and from all the angles....and we have a chunk who are STILL  like "yep, sounds good to me"

I can't tell if he's lost weight he's always had sort of baggy unfitted suits. But there's something about his overall look that seems ill or worsening or something. The "bronzer" is less orange - which should make him look more normal but there's something almost grey about him? I can't quite put  my finger on it. 

• I Agree 9

29 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.thumb.png.a755ac937814b00b86f4ca0f93453e69.png

You forgot "short".  Old, tired, worn out, and short.

While we normally would not snark on someone for their inherent looks, just knowing how much it irks him to not be the tallest one around, means never passing up an opportunity to remind him how much taller than himself Barron is.

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, Xan said:

The thing is -- that test doesn't get harder.  I've taken it a number of times.  Sometimes if I get to the grocery store and have forgotten my list or I can't remember some celebrity's name, I later take one of the online tests.  They're simple.  You draw a clock.  You name animals.  You subtract 7 from 100 and keep going.  You have to remember some keywords from the beginning of the test.  It's easy.  (Explaining why a whale is different from other animals isn't on any of those tests.)  If someone is still trying to get him to take a baseline mental competency test, they must be worried.

Yup, what he describes is the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA). It’s a screening measure. Meaning, most people should score very well. If not, then there’s a serious problem.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I can't tell if he's lost weight he's always had sort of baggy unfitted suits

He’s always had baggy suits, but I think he’s lost a little weight.  

I remember the state visit to the U.K.  His tux was fitted very weirdly. The top was too short and the pants were too big.

https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a27718121/donald-trump-white-tie-uk-state-visit/

• Upvote 5

image.thumb.png.71a8ffb48afdfd8812e566f6fe0a7a1b.png

• Thank You 8

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He’s always had baggy suits, but I think he’s lost a little weight.  

I remember the state visit to the U.K.  His tux was fitted very weirdly. The top was too short and the pants were too big.

https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a27718121/donald-trump-white-tie-uk-state-visit/

That's always been very strange about him, hasn't it? Like, he's supposed to be super wealthy. A mega businessman, in the 1%, all about the luxury everything. 

But he dresses like some random guy who picked up whatever suit was on clearance at the big and tall store without so much as having it hemmed to fit him. 

For some reason youtube has been shuffling up videos by Kirby Allison, who has lots of videos about getting bespoke clothing and shoes made. I'd totally expect someone who wants the image Trump wants to portray to be having suits made bespoke for him. Or at minimum get made-to-measure ones. Or have tailoring done on what he's got. 

And it's not like he's deliberately being "oh look I'm relatable, wearing normal clothing" at all either. He blamed his fancy shoes for the reason he had to mince down a ramp leaning on a marine's arm like a delicate 100-year-old lady. Made to measure clothes wouldn't even be something he'd consider expensive! Melania almost certainly has her own personal tailor who could help him out. But he looks like a schlub. It's so strange. He's got gold-plated toilets but won't have his suits fitted properly.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Dementia Don strikes again!

• Upvote 6

Yeah I don't get the suits. 1 suits are classic so you can get nice ones made that fit and you look great for many year ....2. they can be fitted or tweaked the fitting if you change size etc.

custom shoes should help you walk even better because they fit perfectly. 

I have a random side obsession with men's classic fashion youtube channels and they talk a lot about how good fit improves the wearability so much.

Me - if I had money - would have a set of clothes made in beautiful fabrics that draped just so. classic looks and just wear the hell out of them  like princess Anne. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

32 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I have a random side obsession with men's classic fashion youtube channels and they talk a lot about how good fit improves the wearability so much.

You've probably seen Kirby Allison but if not at one point he had Prince Phillip's tailor make him a suit in the style Phillip wore, and it was fascinating to see them discussing the tiny details, like "oh, Phillip liked to wear his sleeves longer than usual" and stuff like that. 

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic