IGNORED

Odd looking wedding pictures

jlbturtle

It's so weird that the bridesmaids are not just wearing white, they are wearing the exact same dress as the bride. The groomsmen are also identical to the groom. I wonder if those bridesmaids have white dresses because they will reuse them as their own wedding dresses.

But everyone else made all the good points before I got here, so I'll nitpick about the salad pictures. Who needs a picture of a salad? It's not even anything special, just a very typical salad. And they have not one, but two pictures of the salad, including a close-up. It's such a weird thing to start the album with.

Depending on how fundie these people are, it's possible that the bride and groom never kissed before that day. They must both be so nervous. The bride was probably forced into it by her father, or else felt like she had to settle because she'd never get another offer. They're both probably terrified of the sex. It's just so freakish that they can't even enjoy their wedding because they're so nervous about that night.

I can't really snark about them being unattractive because sometimes that's just the hand you're dealt, but they all just have such weird facial expressions.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That groom definitely has a creepy vibe to him, and it does seem like a marriage where the bride's family just wanted to see her get married off. One thing's for sure, I've seen happier people at funerals than at this wedding. I've even been to dry wedding receptions where guests still looked happier than the people in those photos.

Bleh. I don't agree with snarking on how they look here. Plenty of ugly/not beautiful/unfortunate looking people get married every day. Myself included. They can't help how they look.

On the groom's side definitely. I was almost hearing banjo's playing a la Deliverance. The groom is scary looking to me.

Yes and the bride a sort of mentally challenged. It is if something hit her on the head and squashed the rest of her body, so there is no waist left. Poor girl and now she has to share the bed with Lurch.

Hey, on picture 81 the groom is holding the hand of a young man with Down syndrome... possibly his younger brother? That's really sweet... many young men would be too cool for such shenanigans. I gotta give him props :D

I agree with some others, I don't necessarily agree with snarking on people's looks. I posted this because everyone looks unhappy at a wedding no less. Not sure if it was a result of the bride and groom or if it was just bad photography.

I agree with some others, I don't necessarily agree with snarking on people's looks. I posted this because everyone looks unhappy at a wedding no less. Not sure if it was a result of the bride and groom or if it was just bad photography.

I don't think that the bride is ugly. She is a plump girl in a dress that does nothing for her figure. To make it worse, she looks frightened. Not many of us would look good under those circumstances.

The bride is not beautiful but I think that with the right clothing and a reason to be happy, she would be cute.

I don't think that the bride is ugly. She is a plump girl in a dress that does nothing for her figure. To make it worse, she looks frightened. Not many of us would look good under those circumstances.

The bride is not beautiful but I think that with the right clothing and a reason to be happy, she would be cute.

Then why talk about how she looks? Or how the groom looks?

Actually, why mention at all that "the bride is not beautiful." Aren't all brides supposed to be beautiful on their wedding day? Why bring up the fact that she couldn't afford a personal trainer, someone to do her make-up, etc.? She's fat...so she can never look beautiful but can look cute? Ugh.

I agree with the religious snarking and even the way they dress snarking and the psychological snarking makes me sad because she does look sad -- but calling them inbred? Tact, anyone?

Those may be the ugliest wedding flowers I have ever seen.

Maybe they were trying for retro. Attendants white gowns and veils is 60's and every wedding I went to in 1975 had those same Kmarty flowers.

Salad looks good.

Actually, why mention at all that "the bride is not beautiful." Aren't all brides supposed to be beautiful on their wedding day? Why bring up the fact that she couldn't afford a personal trainer, someone to do her make-up, etc.? She's fat...so she can never look beautiful but can look cute? Ugh.

I agree with the religious snarking and even the way they dress snarking and the psychological snarking makes me sad because she does look sad -- but calling them inbred? Tact, anyone?

No, I don't think that all brides are beautiful. Most people aren't beautiful. I am only average also so she is better than me. Chances are most of the people reading this thread are either average or ugly. :lol:

Plenty of plump women look beautiful. Where in my post did you get that I think that chubby women can't look attractive? Who said anything about a personal trainer?

Her sadness bothers me also. I hope that she was just very nervous in the photos and not frightened of her groom.

I don't think it's nice to talk about the unusual physical features that can't be changed.

But sheesh, there are a lot of people in that family, on both sides, who have a lot of unusual features!

Couldn't someone have made Grandma a dress that fits her? Did they have to make her wear the dress that she shrunk out of 2 decades ago? She actually looks happier than anyone, to me.

About the weird handholding between the bride and groom....it's clear they've never touched before, because they haven't learned how to handhold in consideration of their heigh difference. I'm 5'4" and my partner is 6'7". My hand always goes on the back. Admittedly, it's a little like holding hands with my daddy when I was little, but it is WAY more comfortable for me. And doesn't look so awkward.

The brides don't have their hair done in either of the groups of pictures. I don't know why one would spend money on a church and a catered meal and not spring for a hairdo.

Maybe they were trying for retro. Attendants white gowns and veils is 60's and every wedding I went to in 1975 had those same Kmarty flowers.

Salad looks good.

I was a flower girl for a wedding in 1980 and I swear they used the exact same flowers. Maybe they were going for the retro look, but just didn't pull it off well.

I'm short and fat, so I'm not going to snark on people's looks. The groom's hair though, he wasn't born with that mess, and I am baffled why anyone would think that looks good.

I agree that the odd thing about this wedding is that nobody looks happy. Almost everyone looks tired, bored, or really anxious. If these same people, wearing the same clothes and hairstyles, were smiling radiantly and looked like they were having a wonderful time, I think they would appear much, much more attractive.

A lot of the things about this wedding have a sort of cakewrecks thing going on, minus the hilarity. I mean, you can kind of see what she envisioned with the blue and white bouquets, but the reality looks like a crappy imitation of something else. The same with her ill-fitted dress, and his bizarre hair, and the blue paper plates, and the skimpy tulle on that arch thingy, and the too-narrow strip of lace going down the aisle, and the incongruous orange mums on the tables in the reception hall, and the unflattering fluorescent light - it just looks like the bride and groom got so much less than what they wanted.

persuaded, I saw that too!

You're labouring under the delusion that we're nice people. I know I'm not. Which is part of the reason why I spend so much time snarking on people I've never met.

Tactless and proud of it.

It's odd how he seems so into her, and she looks sad, yet when they are holding hands, she's in front of him, instead of being beside him.

There's a picture of the bride w/ 2 other women, and it's the first time in the pictures that she's leaning toward someone (you know, the way she should be w/ her husband).

Does anyone else find it odd that they drive off from the wedding with another couple?

Where are the smiles? Isn't a wedding the happiest freaking occasion in fundie land (aside from death and birth)? I was recently at a funeral - or, more like a celebration of the life he lived since it was not of a religious nature and there was nothing somber about it - and there were more smiles than every one of those wedding pictures combined.

almost looks like a bunch of out-takes to me....why didn't the photographer pitch/delete the photos of random people looking angry or bored? The bride coming down the aisle? Awful. Best arguement for a professional photographer (or better one - those pictures looked like anyone could have taken them) ever...

A quick Google search brings up her Facebook profile. She is apparently an IBLP employee. So, while it doesn't explain the complete lack of joy at the wedding, it explains Gothard's presence.

Eh, honestly I didn't see anything all that unusual about the pictures. What did I miss?

If I posted pictures of my family at my wedding, I'd imagine they'd be snark worthy as well. My brother sported a mullet. My father is morbidly obese (300+ pounds), my sister and I are also obese although not to that extent. DH is over a foot taller than I am, and taller than my family as well. Oh yeah, and then there was my mother, who was underweight and sick with Huntington's disease. She looks like a drug addict in the pictures.

We're a funny lookin' bunch

Does anyone else find it odd that they drive off from the wedding with another couple?

I did. Can't they be alone now?

Unless the bride was so freaked out she asked her friends to come along on the honeymoon.

I was disturbed by her demenor until the getaway car picture -she looks truly happy there. I didn't think the groom looked creepy -you'd think he looked normal if the bride didn't look scared. And embarking on aGothardite marriage - fear is the appropriate emotion.

Archived