IGNORED

Odd looking wedding pictures

jlbturtle

I think it's really unlikely that she's pregnant--the body language between her and the groom suggests to me that they have barely touched before, let alone had sex. I guess an alternate theory is that she's knocked up but really didn't want to marry this guy, hence the awkwardness (and total lack of joy in her expression).

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She does seemed a bit more relaxed and maybe a little bit happier near the end. Maybe she was super nervous and loosened up after the whole 'ordeal' was over?

Love the picture with the groom and his brother holding hands. It's sweet and making me happy looking at it. Shows love for family for one thing. These may not be the most flattering photos, but the people aren't bad looking. The lady with the salt-n-pepper hair needs a cute scarf from Anthropologie, a well-tailored suit, and some plum-colored lipstick. The groom needs board shorts, a pair of Vans, a hoodie and blonde highlights. I know, I know... I have a fantasy where I work for some of those reality makeover shows...

picasaweb.google.com/108744937430305813948/TMJaycoxWedding#5664012673430945298

*edited for riffles*

OK, maybe I'm just projecting or splitting hairs, but to me she appeared skeptical (with a dash of resignation) rather than sad.

Sort of like "OK, dude, I'll stand next to you and look at you or whatever, but I don't have to act like this wedding is a good idea or anything like that."

The pic of her dad walking her down the aisle gave me the sense that perhaps she was not the only one who was leery of this whole deal.

PS: I really want to see clibbyjo's wedding pictures now, and I also want to hack her account and change her post-count tag to "Foisted frumpers on my bridesmaids" :D

I would have to scan the pictures, these were the days before digital. If I can find a way to cover up my bridesmaids faces I might do it if my son will help me. :) I know some undercover fundie would recognize my sister and go blabbing to her I post here.

They look incredibly awkward with oneanother, but given the big height difference and it being the first time they've probably had a chance to hold hands or put their arms round oneanother, I'm not surprised.

Man I hope not - I googled her to see if she had a blog, and one of those generic people search pages came back in the results listing her as 38 years old!

I think the Groomsman Series in Row 3 is the best part of the collection. Specifically #s 18 and 20. That photographer was terrible - the vast majority of this stuff is straight out of Awkward Family Photos.

Man I hope not - I googled her to see if she had a blog, and one of those generic people search pages came back in the results listing her as 38 years old!

I think the Groomsman Series in Row 3 is the best part of the collection. Specifically #s 18 and 20. That photographer was terrible - the vast majority of this stuff is straight out of Awkward Family Photos.

She doesn't look that old.

I would have to scan the pictures, these were the days before digital. If I can find a way to cover up my bridesmaids faces I might do it if my son will help me. :) I know some undercover fundie would recognize my sister and go blabbing to her I post here.

Easy way: once the photos are on your computer, open them in MS Paint. Take the paintbrush, color over the bridesmaids' faces with the color(s) of your choice. Save pics, upload to Photobucket or attach them in a post here. Voilà!

In fairness, the same photographer earlier attended another wedding that people seem to actually have enjoyed - even if Bill Gothard did turn up there too! There, is, however, a pretty clear financial divide between the two.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1087449374 ... rtSWedding.

Why the bazillion pics of the groom w/ his men, but none of the bride with her ladies?

I took another look at the picture of the groom holding his brother's hand, and it looks like the brother is holding the groom's hand and the groom is just letting him. The groom doesn't wrap his fingers around his bro's hand like you normally would when holding someone's hand. He leaves his hand open, if that makes sense. It reminds me of a weak handshake where the person really doesn't want to shake your hand but feels obligated to.

So, it's nice that the groom didn't jerk his hand away from his brother, but his body language (hand language?) doesn't exactly scream that he's thrilled with the idea of his brother holding his hand.

Word count for "hand": 11

Yeah, the guests seem unhappy. I have to say though, some of the pics of the bride & groom - the groom looks like he genuinely likes(?)/cares for his new property.

From what I understand, men are supposed to keep the lowest button of their blazer unbuttoned. It looks a lot better with a three-button suit, and you don't really notice it on men who have properly fitted suits. I was told it is to keep the button and cloth around it from being pulled when a man sits down.

European etiquette.

With a 2 button blazer you wear the blazer unbuttoned, blazers with two buttons are usually not part of a suit, but single (sport, informal) blazers.

Three button blazer you only close the middle button. Standing up close (middle button) the blazer, sitting down open the blazer.

European etiquette.

With a 2 button blazer you wear the blazer unbuttoned, blazers with two buttons are usually not part of a suit, but single (sport, informal) blazers.

Three button blazer you only close the middle button. Standing up close (middle button) the blazer, sitting down open the blazer.

Thought you were supposed to only close the lower 2. Someone told me that recently (here in Europe. ;) ) But then again, I didn't listen too closely... :whistle:

Thought you were supposed to only close the lower 2. Someone told me that recently (here in Europe. ;) ) But then again, I didn't listen too closely... :whistle:

Nowadays they close them all up to their chin and sit in a buttoned blazer or take it off whenever it is convenient.

Just an observation, by all means no value judgement, though I am glad my sons stick to the rules at least as far as wearing a blazer is concerned.

Good looks can be a burden; at least these folks can console themselves with the knowledge it's not one they will have to bear.

Archived