IGNORED

Odd looking wedding pictures

jlbturtle

It's odd how he seems so into her, and she looks sad, yet when they are holding hands, she's in front of him, instead of being beside him.

That's what I'm saying about the height difference. Her elbow is STUCK to his forearm, and there's no place comfortable for her arm to go. It forces her shoulder foreward. He shouldn't hold her arm like that from behind. He should to grasp her hand from the front.

It is very very uncomfortable to be the short person when there's a 14" heigh difference!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally a link worked and I got to see these pictures. I cannot get over Granny and her giant suit/homemade jacket combo thingie.

Other than that, I will just say "wow, those pictures are something." :)

Yes I noticed that too, I think Granny has to grow into it, or she borrowed it from her obese sister.

The kissing photo it really bad, but I guess that's what can happen if your first kiss is your wedding kiss. Poor girl looks super nervous, and the guy looks overly eager.

And I agree that a lot of fundie wedding dresses are awful in the tailoring department.

picasaweb.google.com/108744937430305813948/TMJaycoxWedding#5664012673430945298

Look at the eyes on the girl in the second row, to the right of the bride. What must she have seen to make that face?

Look at the eyes on the girl in the second row, to the right of the bride. What must she have seen to make that face?

She kind of looks possessed, quick Bill, do an exorcism.

She looks like she just spotted a giant rat. :lol:

And I agree that a lot of fundie wedding dresses are awful in the tailoring department.

The tailoring (or lack thereof) makes me wonder if there's some sort of fundie-approved loaner dress that the church lends out for weddings. That would totally explain why they always seem to fit so poorly AND it would be frugal!

I agree that the bride looks sorta pregnant in some pictures, but I know from my own body shape that it's just the distribution of fat. I have looked like I'm pregnant since I was about 10 years old if I wore the wrong type of clothing. She would have been better off going with a higher waistline that would naturally drape from the top her stomach, instead of a mid-waist line that gets forced up to compensate for the stomach. Everyone thinks that all women gain weight in their hips and thighs, but there are plenty of us out there who carry it all in the stomach instead. I'm guessing that whoever made the dresses (and I'm sure they're home-made) had exactly one pattern and not enough expertise to altar it for the different women.

Wow. Now I feel depressed. The poor bride looks so sad. I went through the photos once and then went through them again to see if I missed a photo where she was truly smiling. Nope, there wasn't one. It's pitiful.

I don't think all brides are beautiful, but I think brides should be happy. Am I too sentimental to think that it should be a happy, happy day? If it's not a happy day, why is anyone even there? Not one person looks remotely happy except for the groom, and only in a creepy way.

I need to go get a Jones vanilla soda to lift my spirits back up now.

Brides are beautiful because they are so happy. I have seen a few ugly-ass people look like a million bucks on their wedding day. The combination of professional hair and makeup with real joy can do wonders! This lady is not the most attractive person, but a little professional work and being thrilled to get married would have gone a long way.

In fairness, the same photographer earlier attended another wedding that people seem to actually have enjoyed - even if Bill Gothard did turn up there too! There, is, however, a pretty clear financial divide between the two.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1087449374 ... rtSWedding.

Wow... this is the only fundie wedding where I have looked at the bride's dress and thought it was stunning. The groomsmen and groom are all really well-dressed too. Few people look fug when they have a nice hairstyle and well-chosen clothing.

The "odd-looking couple" bride seems to have a pretty nice figure zipped into a horrible dress, and it's a pity she couldn't get a flattering dress on what should've been her most special day.

Wow... this is the only fundie wedding where I have looked at the bride's dress and thought it was stunning. The groomsmen and groom are all really well-dressed too. Few people look fug when they have a nice hairstyle and well-chosen clothing.

The "odd-looking couple" bride seems to have a pretty nice figure zipped into a horrible dress, and it's a pity she couldn't get a flattering dress on what should've been her most special day.

Definitely looked a lot happier in the other wedding. I hate the teal (is that the color? I don't even. . .) dresses and shirts for the men, but besides that, no major gripe. And they looked HAPPY!

Definitely looked a lot happier in the other wedding. I hate the teal (is that the color? I don't even. . .) dresses and shirts for the men, but besides that, no major gripe. And they looked HAPPY!

On reflection, the groom is wearing a horrendous mishmash of white tie tailcoat with a morning dress waistcoat and an informal tie... but it's his wedding and he can mangle the rules if he likes!

And in either wedding, has no one ever heard of a tailor for the groom/groomsmen? So many of their trousers were way too long, bunched up around their ankles and it just looks horrid. Even with renting a tuxedo, which I assume is what they're doing, this does not have to be the case if they're fitted properly. I have rented numerous tuxedos for my sons and I always make sure the pants are ordered in the right length because I think it looks so god-awful otherwise.

LOL I love the teal/fluorescent turquoise shirts. It's not something you see too often, it's bright, and I like the bit of individuality.

That said, I also love leopard print, hot pink, and big hoopy earrings, so I'm not exactly the arbiter of good taste. XD

OK, maybe I'm just projecting or splitting hairs, but to me she appeared skeptical (with a dash of resignation) rather than sad.

Sort of like "OK, dude, I'll stand next to you and look at you or whatever, but I don't have to act like this wedding is a good idea or anything like that."

The pic of her dad walking her down the aisle gave me the sense that perhaps she was not the only one who was leery of this whole deal.

PS: I really want to see clibbyjo's wedding pictures now, and I also want to hack her account and change her post-count tag to "Foisted frumpers on my bridesmaids" :D

What’s with the ill fitting suits on groom and his attendants? I noticed that all of them buttoned up only the top button and it gives them an appearance of pot bellies. Is that the new ATI cool?

Haven't read the entire thread, but my oh my, the groom is.....Well, I'd rather stay single, let's keep it at that. And if the bride had been a baby we would have called her 'sweet'.

Nah just a bit of water weight :roll:

You guys sure?

picasaweb.google.com/108744937430305813948/TMJaycoxWedding#5664012979727579954

That tummy has some lift to it - unless she's sucking her boobs in somehow? I dunno. The dress does nothing for her, poor girl. I'd be scared too, knowing someone was taking pictures of me in such an ill-fitting getup :(

What’s with the ill fitting suits on groom and his attendants? I noticed that all of them buttoned up only the top button and it gives them an appearance of pot bellies. Is that the new ATI cool?

From what I understand, men are supposed to keep the lowest button of their blazer unbuttoned. It looks a lot better with a three-button suit, and you don't really notice it on men who have properly fitted suits. I was told it is to keep the button and cloth around it from being pulled when a man sits down.

I am interested in the pregnant bride theory because this does look like a quickie wedding. There might be a nine pound baby born in seven months or so. And of course, by the grace of God, it will be fully developed and have no preemie health problems. Baruch Hashem!

Does anyone else find it odd that they drive off from the wedding with another couple?

Where we live (rural Canada) it's a tradition for the wedding couple to be driven away by the best man and maid of honour if they are still in their wedding attire. If they changed into "going away" clothes, they could drive away all by themselves.

Archived