IGNORED

Odd looking wedding pictures

jlbturtle

Does anyone else find it odd that they drive off from the wedding with another couple?

Not if they were being dropped off at the airport.

I'm firmly planted in the fat and ugly category so no snarking from me there but things they can help? Absolutely. Smile!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pleased to see that a nice meal was served at the wedding. The table decorations are lovely.

I hope they are a happy couple and she isn't as scared as she looks in the pictures.

I can't get any of these links to work(and yes, I have copied/pasted. removed DOT and everything else and each link takes me right back to FJ)

I wanna see these freaks who are getting everyone's knickers in a twist!

Snarking on wedding pictures is fun, come on! I got married in 1992 and my are more than snarkworthy and I know it. I am the first one to point out my husbands GIANT round Harry Potter glasses(why didn't he take those off grrrr) or the ugly blue FRUMPERS I chose for my bridemaids because my sister was 7 months pregnant and I needed something off the rack to fit her. Yep, we all have snarkworthy wedding photos... Oh well, at least I didn't go for the BIG HAIR/tons of makeup a lot of my friends did at that time,it could have been worse. :dance:

Okay earlier I said the husband reminds me of Warren Jeffs. Now that I'm looking through them again I'm thinking Arnie Grape.

What a sad, sad wedding.

Edit - Wow. We should have a caption contest for this picture:

100711-JAS_9106.jpg

Okay earlier I said the husband reminds me of Warren Jeffs. Now that I'm looking through them again I'm thinking Arnie Grape.

What a sad, sad wedding.

Edit - Wow. We should have a caption contest for this picture:

100711-JAS_9106.jpg

O.M.G. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I got married 15 years ago, I wore ivory and so did my four bridesmaids. Our dresses were different fabrics, with different necklines, and mine had more bling, but since we were married outdoors and we all carried colorful, fresh flowers, it was gorgeous, IIDSSM.

I just hate blue silk flowers. They look ridiculously cheap no matter what you do. Who cares if they last forever--they're ugly. And they're not part of God's creation!!!!!@!@!!! (See what I did there? It's Biblical!) They remind me of hot glued toilet paper cozies. YUCK.

I agree on the sad, though. The bride looks terrified and uncomfortable and trapped. The groom looks like the cat who caught the canary. And in that one photo, he apparently ate her.

*shudder*

I'm so upset they don't have better pictures. Their wedding was on a budget, yes, but they still deserve to have a really special day and their photographer really failed them.

This one at least is really sweet and shows genuine affection.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10874493743 ... 5977130898

But look at #79. Who in their right mind would put the bride slightly in front of the groom and then tell them to hold hands? Her face is uncomfortable bending her elbow like that to hold hands is completely unnatural. That's what makes it look like she's trying to escape and the groom has grabbed her to keep her from running off. And then the photographer keeps them in that same pose to do every variation on the family groups? *shakes head*

Not all brides are beautiful. When my uncle was married, his bride was rather plain, but she did nothing to improve her bridal appearance other than throw on the white dress. She was rather unfortunate looking.

They also had one of the ugliest babies I ever saw. My poor cousin looked like the back end of a plucked chicken for the first year of her life. She's a lovely woman now, but a very, very, very ugly baby.

I am always genuinely puzzled that if this is a Christian wedding, held in a church, where's the cross? It sort of looks like they converted a gym into a worship space, but couldn't put up a cross or have an altar because it would get in the way of the basketball court.

They also had one of the ugliest babies I ever saw. My poor cousin looked like the back end of a plucked chicken for the first year of her life. She's a lovely woman now, but a very, very, very ugly baby.

This is getting OT, but gosh, I see some ugly babies in people's FB albums. I also once saw a truly hideous baby in person. I'm glad I didn't know his parents, because I could not have come up with anything complimentary to say about that baby if I tried.

Back to the wedding photos: I hope this couple has gotten more comfortable with each other in the weeks since the wedding. She really does look unhappy and afraid, and the kissing photo I posted is just scary (check out the position of his leg, in addition to the way he's grabbing her).

Oh, my.

The groom... well. Everything I want to say is too mean and would undoubtedly offend at least one FJer.

I will say that I think this couple is more representative of Average Fundies than are the attractive, smiling, seemingly financially comfortable maidens and families who dominate the fundie blogosphere.

This.

And yes, it looks like they're a having a really funny time. NOT. I guess my grandmothers funeral was more like a party than that.. but wait we had eeeevil alcohol.

This is getting OT, but gosh, I see some ugly babies in people's FB albums. I also once saw a truly hideous baby in person. I'm glad I didn't know his parents, because I could not have come up with anything complimentary to say about that baby if I tried.

My newborn is seriously ugly. I feel like a bad mother for saying so, but man-he is one ugly child. :oops: :shifty:

These ppl look like they've be blanket trained out of any real emotion. It's not just the bride, even the kids look depressed.

You're labouring under the delusion that we're nice people. I know I'm not. Which is part of the reason why I spend so much time snarking on people I've never met.

Tactless and proud of it.

I'm going to sit by you. :)

81 made me a smile a bit too.

They look incredibly awkward with oneanother, but given the big height difference and it being the first time they've probably had a chance to hold hands or put their arms round oneanother, I'm not surprised. My husband is a lot taller than me and it took a few dates to work out how to hold hands comfortably/that I couldn't put my arms round his neck.

I really hope she is happier than she looks.

Loved the description of Gothard, whoever that was, I picked him out of a group shot with it. :lol:

Finally a link worked and I got to see these pictures. I cannot get over Granny and her giant suit/homemade jacket combo thingie.

Other than that, I will just say "wow, those pictures are something." :)

photos 55 and 60: bride is knocked up?

I was wondering the same thing! If that's not the case, I feel bad for the girl. Nobody should have a wedding dress that looks like maternity wear. The seamstress should have recognized that issue with the dress and done something about it.

These ppl are fundies, There's no way her family would have allowed a white wedding (esp. with a guest appearance by the Goatherd himself) if there was even a suspicion of 'impurity'.

I thought she would look nice if she was smiling (not looking terrified) and if she hadn't been squeezed into that dress. All of the pics are like "get me out of here!"

Also why pictures of everyone's shoes?

2 Things.

1 - Picture of feet??? Shoes?? :roll:

2 - Can I get a little bit of make up? A little blush goes a long way. If you are going to take photographs of the hands then how about a simple manicure, please? :pray:

As always, I am late to the snark party, so please forgive me, if these topics have already been snarked.

Archived