IGNORED

Jackson and Emerson: Here We Go Yet Again

Coconut Flan

14 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Geographer here too, the main fact I remember about Florida is that the highest point is a flyover- is that right or am I dreaming?

Flyover has a different meaning in the US in my experience and we tend to measure high points as actual land.  A UK flyover would be more in the structure category.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

The do look genuinely happy and quite comfortable together. Does anyone know if they live near Alyssa? Geography of Florida is a pretty big black hole to me ( even though I'm a geographer by education...) but Alyssa & John live in Orlando area, don't they? What about Erin?

Jackson and Emerson also live in the Orlando area. Erin is about 50 minutes from Alyssa. 

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

The do look genuinely happy and quite comfortable together. Does anyone know if they live near Alyssa? Geography of Florida is a pretty big black hole to me ( even though I'm a geographer by education...) but Alyssa & John live in Orlando area, don't they? What about Erin?

Jackson and Emerson also live in the Orlando area. Erin is about 50 minutes from Alyssa. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I hadn't seen that Erin got sick between the wedding and having her baby.  

I read it on the Bringing Up Bates Reddit. Someone posted that Kelly was back in FL because Erin was sick. I don't think Erin being sick lasted that long. I want to say a pic of Kelly and Erin outside was posted maybe a couple of days after that.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Someone concluded on the Bringing Up Bates Reddit that Jackson probably works for Andrew Wissmann from the Wissmann family. He lives in FL and has a dock building business. Andrew's brother Nathaniel was in Jackson's wedding and vice versa.  Andrew and Nathaniel are the brothers of Hannah Duggar. So the Weissmann's are part of IBLP.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Someone concluded on the Bringing Up Bates Reddit that Jackson probably works for Andrew Wissmann from the Wissmann family. He lives in FL and has a dock building business. Andrew's brother Nathaniel was in Jackson's wedding and vice versa.  Andrew and Nathaniel are the brothers of Hannah Duggar. So the Weissmann's are part of IBLP.

It’s possible. I just haven’t seen them together. The Wissmanns and Bateses do know each other and have for a long while. I will keep an eye on Drew and Kori’s social media to see if they are hanging out at some point.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s possible. I just haven’t seen them together. The Wissmanns and Bateses do know each other and have for a long while. I will keep an eye on Drew and Kori’s social media to see if they are hanging out at some point.

I don't know if Andrew and Jackson would hang out that much outside of work. Jackson is 10 years younger and just got married.  Andrew has been married for a decade and has kids.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

I don't know if Andrew and Jackson would hang out that much outside of work. Jackson is 10 years younger and just got married.  Andrew has been married for a decade and has kids.

True, but Andrew is into working out and races. I guess I figured they might have working out in common. But yeah, they might not have much in common. 

• Upvote 2

Once SonSon start having kids they may hang out since they may have kids to entertain each other and they all like Jesus - isn't that enough for fundies?

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2023 at 12:06 PM, dawn9476 said:

It was concluded on here months before reddit. We all know the Wissmans and have for years, long before Hannah married a Duggar.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Kelly is clutching her pearls and calling for smelling salts!

image.png.d45966f033ec9455eb621ed0ca2c96f4.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Holy shit, shoulders and and and a a a a belly button?????? Fuck me. I remember the days when a pregnancy belly ultrasound had to be covered with a sheet 

• Upvote 8

Since her mom (in the background) wears outfits like that to the gym, it's reasonable that Emerson thinks it's okay too. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Jackson and Emerson attended their friends' wedding yesterday. It looks like they were in the wedding party.

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 17-39-38 Jackson Emerson ) (@jack_n_emy) • Instagram photos and videos.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I'm glad they're approaching the 6 month mark & haven't announced an impending blessing yet.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

On 2/23/2024 at 6:06 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Holy shit, shoulders and and and a a a a belly button?????? Fuck me. I remember the days when a pregnancy belly ultrasound had to be covered with a sheet 

For as wild as their beliefs are and strict as their rules are when the kids are in the home, there's one thing I will give the Bates and it's the fact that as their kids go off and get married they don't seem as fraught with drama around clothing and life choices. I almost wonder if they sit back and watch the Duggar family implode over shorts and nose rings and decided maybe that wasn't a hill they wanted to die on! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I bet Jackson spends more time on his hair than Emerson 🙄

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I bet Jackson spends more time on his hair than Emerson 🙄

I honestly don’t mind if men do their hair. I think it has more to do with their attitude that bothers me. The Bates boys seem so vain and it’s annoying. I wouldn’t mind if my husband spent a bunch of time on his hair. But if he’s ridiculously vain and obsessive over it, I would hate it. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

When his hair becomes the most notable thing about his personality, it is an issue.

I realize that the females in the family are more interested in influencing (Lawson and Trace being the exceptions). It is important that they have some discernible personality in order to be moderately relatable to their victims, customers, friends. As the show becomes more of a memory, this will be even more important. Influencing will continue to have a place in marketing and sales, but it will have to evolve over time. As the marketplace fills with vanilla and bland influencers, the competition will get tighter to share their codes with everyone who has asked and things they are "literally obsessed with right now." Will the Bates ladies, it remains to see if they grow in their roles or if they get replaced by the next thing. I realize I'm not the audience for them, but other than what they are selling, I probably wouldn't know the difference between Katie, Carlin, and Josie. Even if people get curious or nostalgic about their television show, it takes quite a bit of time to keep up with all of them.

Jackson doesn't appear to be going that route, but other than his failed attempt at the military, I don't know that I could pick him out except by his hair.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Jackson doesn't appear to be going that route, but other than his failed attempt at the military, I don't know that I could pick him out except by his hair.

I was not aware of a failed attempt to join the military. Are you saying that he tried and failed to enlist? Or didn't make it through boot camp?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I was not aware of a failed attempt to join the military. Are you saying that he tried and failed to enlist? Or didn't make it through boot camp?

he went to alert, then decided not to go. Probably because he met Emerson and Kelly's want for him not to go.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

He wanted to join the Marines (per the show). His parents claimed that if he made it through ALERT, that would be the same as bootcamp and prove he was ready. He signed up for ALERT and then 2020 COVID happened and it was delayed. He was on his way there and ended up staying with some of the Duggars instead. He then got injured (hand? or arm?) and could not take the next steps. Next thing anyone heard he was in Florida and dating Emerson. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1