IGNORED

Jackson and Emerson: Here We Go Yet Again

Coconut Flan

I feel bad but that article was so boring. It read like a small town paper reporting on a wedding of a 20 and 21 year old. 

• Upvote 4

I find the contrast between her no-teeth pose and his cheesy grin a little odd for a wedding portrait. I feel like that kind of bride pose is more common when the groom is angled away from the camera.

The article reads like an advertisement or commercial for all the services they used.

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jackson has always had “stylized” hair. At least for the past few years. He always struck me as the Bates boy who would want to model. He always had light brown dirty blonde hair. But I think he might actually get it lightened sometimes. I suppose it could be the sun. But it looks like he’s gotten highlights to me. 

The Bates men are WAY too short to model. Same with the Bates women. Unless Jackson is taller than his brothers, it's really not an option. Nice looking kid, though.

1 hour ago, BensAllergies said:

People magazine is up. They got married in Florida.

IMG_7933.thumb.jpeg.ea07161f17ef51fd3c4bffe54bc241e9.jpeg

Except for the makeup, she looks like she could be any young woman from the 1700s or 1800s. He looks straight from 1995.

I'm impressed she's showing cleavage. Less impressed with her hair. Her makeup is lovely.

• Upvote 7

Her hair looks very Ren Faire. And this took place in Florida and she’s wearing long sleeves? What’s visible in the article is lovely, but she must have been sweltering. Evan’s recap of the days leading up talked about it being warm (spoiler alert: they went to Disney and seemed surprised their young kids wouldn’t be able to handle an uninterrupted day at the park). 

• Upvote 6

She's a beautiful girl, but I don't really like the look for her, she's really young but this style is making her look at least 25+

the dress fabric look cheap, like those shein dresses 

Screenshot2023-10-15at10_39_13am.png.58d91935569d3fc55b070eb1c721f0a7.png

I don't like the hair, it is not don't properly 

Screenshot2023-10-15at10_45_46am.thumb.png.39ea8fe09995db44de6dd50f4bf3fe9a.png

I prefer her look much more here, especially the hair, she look's fresh and not overly done, I wish she went with something like that 

Screenshot2023-10-15at10_42_37am.thumb.png.9310abf44eccdc9d7af14911d88741cd.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

I think Emerson looks beautiful and her hair looks great. 

4 minutes ago, Dbm said:

She's a beautiful girl, but I don't really like the look for her, she's really young but this style is making her look at least 25+

Um…in what world is 25 undesirably old? 😂😂  In my experience women under 25 are still trying to look older so they’re taken seriously as adults — the shift from trying to look older to trying to look younger happens around 28 or 29. 

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I think Emerson looks beautiful

thats the first thing that I mentioned 👇

19 minutes ago, Dbm said:

She's a beautiful girl

-

and her hair looks great.

opinions vary 🤗

Um…in what world is 25 undesirably old? 😂😂

I didn't say 25 is undesirably old I just mentioned that the style makes her look older 

👇

19 minutes ago, Dbm said:

she's really young but this style is making her look at least 25+

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 2

According to the People Magazine article, Emerson works as a dental assistant. Maybe this Bates couple will be a little different from the rest work-wise. I guess Zach and Whitney started as a “working for the man” couple and eventually transitioned into their own business and social media for income.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

They danced together on a dance floor at the wedding. Sorry Gil and Kelly. Your children don’t follow your idiotic no dancing rule made by Gothard. They know it’s a dumb rule and choose to dance publicly. 

• Upvote 16

11 hours ago, postscript said:

Her hair looks very Ren Faire. And this took place in Florida and she’s wearing long sleeves? What’s visible in the article is lovely, but she must have been sweltering. Evan’s recap of the days leading up talked about it being warm (spoiler alert: they went to Disney and seemed surprised their young kids wouldn’t be able to handle an uninterrupted day at the park). 

I'm a couple hours south of them, and it was disgustingly humid and pretty hot on Thursday and most of Friday, but we had/have a cold front coming through, so yesterday highs were in the low 80s and the humidity was much lower (tomorrow's high is 72; our first real Fall day. I can't wait). I imagine their weather was similar. So warm but not unbearable. Her sleeves also look sheer, so probably not too hot. Now a formal shirt and suit jacket for Jackson was probably uncomfortable. 

Edited by OHFL2009
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

How old are these two?  Are any other Bates in a relationship, any possible engagements/marriages is 2024?

He’s 21 and she’s 20. No one else is in a relationship that has been made public. Jackson is #12 and all of the oldest 12 are married. His two younger brothers Warden and Isaiah are old enough to marry. But I doubt it. Jackson is the youngest bates boy to marry so far. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 10

12 hours ago, BensAllergies said:

I find the contrast between her no-teeth pose and his cheesy grin a little odd for a wedding portrait. I feel like that kind of bride pose is more common when the groom is angled away from the camera.

The article reads like an advertisement or commercial for all the services they used.

Maybe they didn't want something common?? The nice thing about a wedding is that you get to do it your own way. (Assuming there are no pushy in-laws involved)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I like her dress and her hair. My daughter is turning 20 in a couple of months and I could see her wearing something similar if she was getting married. However, she is in her third year at her university and even though she and her boyfriend have been dating for almost 4 years now, they have no marriage plans as they both are planning on grad school. They do have plans to live together in sin starting next summer.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

I think they try to look older because somewhere in the depths of their minds, they know that they are way too young to be getting married.  I don't hate the dress. At least it isn't some pieced together Renee crap. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Kelly danced with frosted tips at the reception. What is happening in fundie land? 

Screenshot_20231015_214954_edit_19111584211926.thumb.jpg.15bc95b45a1c34714bafe3e500aa7a31.jpg

Carlin was the first to have dancing at her wedding, anyone remember who else has? 

• Upvote 11

That is definitely a rear enhancing dress on Kelly Jo.  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Just place Erin’s wedding next to Jackson’s and the differences are huge. 10 years apart. One had a cake just for Gothard. While this one has a dance floor. 

• Upvote 17
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I hope these two come to the conclusion that birth that birth control isn't evil, they could potentially have a boatload of blessings. I do wonder if the younger siblings have different views on birth control compared to the older ones, or maybe as a result of the birth control decisions they see some of their older siblings making.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Carlin was the first to have dancing at her wedding, anyone remember who else has? 

Pretty sure that every Bates wedding since Carlin's has had dancing. It's old news that the Bates dance at weddings by this point.

I did like how they had a play area for kids (ball pit, bounce house) set up at the reception. I've never spotted one of those at a fundie wedding before.

• Upvote 18

1 minute ago, indianabones said:

Pretty sure that every Bates wedding since Carlin's has had dancing. It's old news that the Bates dance at weddings by this point.

I did like how they had a play area for kids (ball pit, bounce house) set up at the reception. I've never spotted one of those at a fundie wedding before.

Which is crazy to me since we know fundies weddings likely have more people under 18 than over. 

• Upvote 11

7 hours ago, gobucks said:

I think they try to look older because somewhere in the depths of their minds, they know that they are way too young to be getting married.  I don't hate the dress. At least it isn't some pieced together Renee crap. 

I doubt they feel they're way too young to get married. My guess is they know people outside of their families comment that they're way too young to get married and they feel defensive. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1