IGNORED

Jackson and Emerson: Here We Go Yet Again

Coconut Flan

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They danced together on a dance floor at the wedding. Sorry Gil and Kelly. Your children don’t follow your idiotic no dancing rule made by Gothard. They know it’s a dumb rule and choose to dance publicly. 

Dancing at weddings started at Carlin's wedding. Gil danced with Carlin at that one and there was a story of Kelly dancing with Jackson at this one.

8 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Kelly danced with frosted tips at the reception. What is happening in fundie land? 

Screenshot_20231015_214954_edit_19111584211926.thumb.jpg.15bc95b45a1c34714bafe3e500aa7a31.jpg

Carlin was the first to have dancing at her wedding, anyone remember who else has? 

Nathan and Ester definitely did. I think that was the one that you even saw Joyanna and Austin Forsyth dancing at.

• Upvote 8

15 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

That is definitely a rear enhancing dress on Kelly Jo.  

TBH, as a rectangle body type, I'm jealous! She looks good. Now if only she were a good person *inside*.

15 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

That is definitely a rear enhancing dress on Kelly Jo.  

TBH, as a rectangle body type, I'm jealous! She looks good. Now if only she were a good person *inside*.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

They are both so good looking they almost look fake, like actors in a bridal photoshoot. Such a shame they are unlikable homophobic bigots. Her dress was lovely as were the dark green bridesmaid dresses. Probably my favourite wedding colour for a Bates wedding.

I wonder if Emerson adopted sisters were invited to the wedding.

• Upvote 2

Jackson - Dawson Leery called and said he wants his hair back.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18
  • Love 3

I don't have a strong opinion on the dress (it seems nice enough) but am I the only one who is getting 70's vibe from it? I think it's the sleeves.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

I don't have a strong opinion on the dress (it seems nice enough) but am I the only one who is getting 70's vibe from it? I think it's the sleeves.

It looks a bit like my moms wedding dress in 1981.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Had no idea that she was a dental hygienist.  Did we see on one of the older kid's youtube channel's that he's living in an apartment on her parents land? Is that true or am I making that up in my head? 

6 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Had no idea that she was a dental hygienist.  Did we see on one of the older kid's youtube channel's that he's living in an apartment on her parents land? Is that true or am I making that up in my head? 

We saw that somewhere. I can't remember whose video it was though. 

Not to be too BEC, but I don't think Jackson is attractive at all. He looks like a smarmy 80s dispshit, like he could've been one of the asshole villains in Hot Tub Time Machine. The Bates sons are way better looking than the Duggars, but mostly meh IMO. Warden looks like he'll grow up handsome, possibly. I might have a fondness for heavy eyebrows lol.

If this post in inappropriate, please let me know and/or delete it.

• I Agree 4

On Alyssa's video, at the end it shows Emerson walking down the aisle. With both parents! Ain't never seen that among these folks; it's always the dad only. Well, I suppose unless the dad is dead; have there been any as such? Then what do they do; walk down the aisle with mom, or with a brother or uncle? Hopefully not Bill Gothard, lol.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

On Alyssa's video, at the end it shows Emerson walking down the aisle. With both parents! Ain't never seen that among these folks; it's always the dad only. Well, I suppose unless the dad is dead; have there been any as such? Then what do they do; walk down the aisle with mom, or with a brother or uncle? Hopefully not Bill Gothard, lol.

Hope I'm wrong but my first thought is that she and her parents are probably among those Christians who appropriate Jewish traditions to performatively stand with Israel. There is so much of that these days with the whole mindset of bringing upon end times.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Hope I'm wrong but my first thought is that she and her parents are probably among those Christians who appropriate Jewish traditions to performatively stand with Israel. There is so much of that these days with the whole mindset of bringing upon end times.

I've been to countless Jewish weddings and only seen that done once. It's not a common practice.

I think it's nice to walk down the aisle with both parents. It's not traditional (at least in my country), but if it is done to honour both dad and mom, why not? 

A friend of me was in bad terms with her father and he was not invited to the wedding. Her mother walked down the aisle with her. My friend could have  asked a brother or other relatives, but wanted to honour her mom. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 3

18 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I always thought the father walking the bride down the aisle was “traditional” and both parents was “modern”. I didn’t realize both parents was a Jewish tradition. 

If my memory is correct, Jackson was the first Bates groom to not wear a tie. I think Emerson (and Jackson) just wanted to throw their own spin on things to make their wedding more unique to them.

Although I find Jack and Emy a bit overhanded on the God stuff and annoyingly conservative about Target, etc., I think they are the cutest Bates couple in appearance. Emerson is beautiful and I like the concept that Jackson wants to wear his hair differently from the rest of the family. He’s a cute kid, but his eyes squint too much when he smiles which actually shows how happy he seems.

• Upvote 5

22 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

I think Jill Rodrigues walked Nurie down the aisle together with David. It was most definitely because of her SEVERE narcissism and need to be the center of attention even at her daughter's wedding, but I still very much prefer to both parents walking their child down the aisle to just Daddy Dearest. 

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

On 10/16/2023 at 7:33 AM, llucie said:

They are both so good looking they almost look fake, like actors in a bridal photoshoot. Such a shame they are unlikable homophobic bigots. Her dress was lovely as were the dark green bridesmaid dresses. Probably my favourite wedding colour for a Bates wedding.

I wonder if Emerson adopted sisters were invited to the wedding.

They didn't come 

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I always thought the father walking the bride down the aisle was “traditional” and both parents was “modern”. I didn’t realize both parents was a Jewish tradition. 

They didn't go full-on Jewish procession. In Jewish weddings both of the groom's parents walk him down the aisle to the chuppah. Then the bride and her parents follow. 

I think Emerson just did it to be more trendy, but after some recent incidents with fundies I know and what has been happening in Israel and Gaza, I'm struggling more with the fundie perspective on these issues. Giving people like the Bates the benefit of the doubt is hard.

I will say on a positive note that they had an outdoor wedding that looked to be right for an outdoor wedding. I'm not a fan of the fairy tale princess look for outdoors and barn-like themes. For example, Josie's wedding dress was fine for outdoors and her flowers while overdone were fine for it too. The bridesmaid dresses were too much for it with the sequins, etc. Carlin and Esther both wanted that princess look but went for other aesthetics that left them looking like princesses among the peasants. Emerson managed a more ethereal look that fit with outdoors, white picket fences, and white folding chairs.  

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Johannah said:

Where are you guys seeing all the photos from the wedding?

I was about to ask the same thing, I can't seem to find pictures at all.

• Upvote 2

On 10/24/2023 at 6:37 PM, Johannah said:

Where are you guys seeing all the photos from the wedding?

Many of the siblings had various videos on Youtube and Instagram. There is also a "preview" video from Jackson and Emerson on Youtube.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Jackson and Emerson are living in an apartment in case anyone was wondering what their living situation was.  They had Jackson's mom over for dinner since she has been down in FL because I think Erin was sick and then of course had her baby.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 00-18-53 Stories • Instagram.png

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

On 10/22/2023 at 10:10 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

I think Jill Rodrigues walked Nurie down the aisle together with David. It was most definitely because of her SEVERE narcissism and need to be the center of attention even at her daughter's wedding, but I still very much prefer to both parents walking their child down the aisle to just Daddy Dearest. 

I forgot about that. Jill outdid herself there because it didn't look like two parents walking their daughter down the aisle. It looked like the mother-of-the-bride was shoving Nurie and Dave away so Jill could be front and center. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

The do look genuinely happy and quite comfortable together. Does anyone know if they live near Alyssa? Geography of Florida is a pretty big black hole to me ( even though I'm a geographer by education...) but Alyssa & John live in Orlando area, don't they? What about Erin?

• Upvote 2