IGNORED

Trump 59: The Walls Are Closing In, So Naturally He's Running Another Grifting Scheme

GreyhoundFan

17 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Are you moving to Russia to live with your Precious Putie? If so, that will help rid America of corruption. Even better, please take all of your children and their spouses and their significant others with you!

• Upvote 9

A few ruminations on our favorite chaos agent.   

1. Even when Trump first appeared on the scene, and increasingly during his presidency, there were many (including neurologists and psychiatrists) who speculated openly on Trump's cognitive issues, especially pointing to frontotemporal dementia.  They noted issues with gait and balance, diminishing vocabulary and Trump's rambling rants, particularly at rallies.  

Yet Trump is still cranking along, entertaining the fawning hordes at Mar a Lago and gas bagging on social media.  It seems that if he truly does have dementia, he'd be in major decline.  Instead, he's still Trump functional.  So what's up with that?  

2.  In y'alls opinion,

• a) is Trump now a has-been, zero chance to be the 2024 nominee?  Some Repubs seem to be planting and driving the narrative of Trump as a loser in the hopes of making it come true.  They are trying to drive a stake through that m'fkers heart.  They sense he's infected his followers with MAGA disease and they can carry on without all the Trump baggage. 
  • b) will he rise up from the primordial MAGA ooze and do a "Honey, I'M HOME" shtich?

• Upvote 7

My hope for 2024 is that Trump forms his own party and splits the R vote.  I can dream.

I can’t imagine him being the 2024 nominee, but the unimaginable happened before. 

• Upvote 16

@Howl -- I'm kind of torn between a & b.  I think many Rs in power are trying to push the has-been argument, even if they do it quietly. They are pushing DeSantis to the forefront because he has the same ugly ideas, but is actually able to get things they want done. This is why I'm terrified of DeSantis.  I think some people have switched their alliance/fealty to DeSantis.

However, I do think that there is a core group of hardcore trumpsters who will stick with him no matter what he does.

Sadly, I don't think there's much, if any, support for old school Rs.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I'm sure the ketchup is flying at Mar-a-Loco:

• Upvote 12

From the 

50 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm sure the ketchup is flying at Mar-a-Loco

from the NPR article: "Weisselberg acknowledged on the stand that the move enabled the Trump business to avoid Medicare and payroll taxes."

Hello Feds:  tax and MediCare fraud...handed to you on a silver platter. 

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sadly, I don't think there's much, if any, support for old school Rs.

It stuns me that all Rs in the House are in lock step for all the blatant lies.  I keep thinking surely, SURELY there are fundamentally decent Rs with spines who will stand up.  But so far, nope nope and nope. Have alt-reich Republicans collected kompromat on their fellow Republicans to keep everyone in line?  When do at least some see Boebert/Gaetz/MTG et al. as the new seat of power and they face of their party and just decide they've have enough of that shit. 

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

They are pushing DeSantis to the forefront because he has the same ugly ideas, but is actually able to get things they want done. This is why I'm terrified of DeSantis.  I think some people have switched their alliance/fealty to DeSantis.

Rick Wilson, a life-long Floridian and extremely savvy politico,  has an interesting take on De Santis.  He does not think that DeSantis has what it takes to succeed at the national level, although obviously he's fine on the local stage of state politics.  Remember Marco Rubio, another Floridian who looked like he had the right stuff?  He literally imploded during a debate and has faded away into oblivion.  Time will tell, of course, but it is an interesting way to parse DeSantis' possibilities. 

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

My hope for 2024 is that Trump forms his own party and splits the R vote.  I can dream.

I can’t imagine him being the 2024 nominee, but the unimaginable happened before. 

Your mouth to Rufus' ears... I keep hoping for that, that his ego can't take him potentially losing the primary and he forms his own party. That's best-case scenario short of outright obvious decline to even his followers or an impressive prison sentence.

• Upvote 10

Trump has such a big ego & I unfortunately know a ton of people who think he is the greatest person ever if starts his own political party I think people are crazy enough to join it. 

• Upvote 8

I guess TFG and Sulk will be competing for biggest grifter at the funeral.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

Oh Lordy, doesn't this open up a can of worms for Trump!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 10

He sounds more panicked every day:

• Upvote 8

Yeah, throwing out non-stop insults seems like the thing to do when you’re under investigation, at least if you’re TFG:

He must have been looking in the mirror while spouting some of the insults, like mentally deranged, disgraceful, criminal, unfit, disgusting, criminal, and evil.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yeah, throwing out non-stop insults seems like the thing to do when you’re under investigation, at least if you’re TFG:

He must have been looking in the mirror while spouting some of the insults, like mentally deranged, disgraceful, criminal, unfit, disgusting, criminal, and evil.

I sure hope Smith and his family have protection 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

My eyes continue to hurt from rolling:

• Eyeroll 11

Move out of the way, guys - I want to analyze this drippy piece of shit.

I couldn't find any other pictures of it online.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 1/14/2023 at 3:58 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm sure the ketchup is flying at Mar-a-Loco:

I feel like $1.61M is low - pity it's not the amount of fraudulently unpaid tax, doubled or tripled.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I feel like $1.61M is low - pity it's not the amount of fraudulently unpaid tax, doubled or tripled.

It is too low, but according to the news programs I watched, it’s the legal maximum in NY.

• Upvote 9

Okay I'm going to take a guess at the content of Trump's tweet, not the punctuation.

"Once again we're celebrating the woke holiday while the greatest president of all time still does not have his own National holiday. Those democrats would rather provide their own work agenda instead of honoring the greatest president ever!"

I've been gaming with my right wing Trump loving friends tonight. I wish they'd just talk about the game and not about politics! I just wrote what I thought they would say.

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic