IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 13: Doing the Dance of Deniability

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Poor neglected Princess Anne who was doing her charitable  stuff back in the early 1980's . I guess she never existed.

1. Anne arrived in a Bentley, shook hands, and chatted with people who curtseyed to her. She was the Big Cheese wherever she went and she knew her good works would be reported in the papers. In contrast Meghan started foundations, raised fund creatively, launched a nonprofit, and gave out grants--all as a young woman that nobody really knew, and receiving little recognition.

2. Anne considered charity work to be the "job" of a "working" royal. She was paid millions a year to do this "job."  Meghan did her charity work for free. She had a real job.

3. Anne is a millionaire many times over, yet I can find no evidence she's ever given a penny to charity. I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong about this. However, it appears there's no evidence the Queen ever donated her own money either.

Patronage doesn’t involve the royals donating their own money to the charity. It’s not clear whether the queen — who was worth an estimated $500 million according to Forbes — donated her own money to charities.

“We know very very little about charitable giving by HMQ,” Fiennes told MarketWatch. “I think I know of literally no gifts at all from her. That doesn’t mean there weren’t any, of course: Brits talk about money much less than some other countries do.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-queen-demonstrated-an-unstinting-passion-for-charities-queen-elizabeth-ii-supported-more-than-600-charities-these-were-her-favorite-causes-11662723746

Think of the misery the Queen could have alleviated if she'd given away a tiny fraction of her own money!

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

9 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Isn‘t William taller than Harry? I think he has lived in Nottigham Cottage before.

Lived there with both Kate and George.  When Harry said he didn’t know who lived there before how funny would it have been if the interviewer asked if he never visited his brother SIL or nephew when they lived there.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
Repaired for poster.
  • Upvote 10

The palace doesn’t need to say anything or issue any statement. The Sussexes by their own foolishness and blatant  lies are just making The Monarchs and the Wales Look that much better. 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Manda said:

This is a cute piece about replying to the six episodes of victim claiming and lies:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/daniela-elser-kate-picture-from-queens-carols-proves-meghan-wrong/PDETP57GQRA6PEWSSPWMPPJD7Y/

Totally marooned and of their own doing. 

The BRF really knows how to make a statement without saying a single word. Love it.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

The BRF really knows how to make a statement without saying a single word. Love it.

And I don’t love it. Because if that is indeed what they are doing, then it’s next level pettiness and immaturity.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

And I don’t love it. Because if that is indeed what they are doing, then it’s next level pettiness and immaturity.

But classy pettiness and immaturity. Very classy. 😉

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Manda said:

This is a cute piece about replying to the six episodes of victim claiming and lies:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/daniela-elser-kate-picture-from-queens-carols-proves-meghan-wrong/PDETP57GQRA6PEWSSPWMPPJD7Y/

Totally marooned and of their own doing. 

Healthy families communicate directly.  A healthy family would've said,  "Oh, that's not true! You could've worn whatever you wanted. You could've worn the same color as the Queen, even! I'm sorry we didn't explain that better. But thanks for trying so hard"

According to that article, the BRF chose the passive-aggressive and indirect approach. That's deeply unhealthy. 

They involved a little girl in this passive-aggressive plan. Charlotte wore red, too. Did Charlotte want to send this message to Auntie Meghan, or was she just used?

So there is the dysfunction in the RF.

Frankly, I don't believe they cared enough to send a "message" in this odd, unhealthy way.  But if they did, that's really unhealthy. It's also kinda immature!

No wonder they wanted to leave.

I'm not seeing what's "cute" about this piece. It seems like it was written by a middle-schooler rushing up to a group of friends to giggle about the unpopular girl.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Loveday said:

But classy pettiness and immaturity. Very classy. 😉

Really? Involving minor children in adult pettiness is classy?

How does this work?

”Charlotte, dear, your aunt is acting poorly and we are all going to wear maroon coats to show her. It will teach her that she can never pwn us.”

If this really is the drama, Kata has not thought through what it will be like to parent her own children when they are adults. 

• Bless Your Heart 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Really? Involving minor children in adult pettiness is classy?

How does this work?

”Charlotte, dear, your aunt is acting poorly and we are all going to wear maroon coats to show her. It will teach her that she can never pwn us.”

If this really is the drama, Kata has not thought through what it will be like to parent her own children when they are adults. 

First of all, I seriously doubt those children have got a single clue as to what's going on with the adults. And if you believe for one second that the adults said all that to them, well... sure, Jan.

Second, in the immortal words of Clairee in Steel Magnolias, ya gotta lighten up. 😏

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Loveday said:

First of all, I seriously doubt those children have got a single clue as to what's going on with the adults. And if you believe for one second that the adults said all that to them, well... sure, Jan.

Second, in the immortal words of Clairee in Steel Magnolias, ya gotta lighten up. 😏

See, I would assume that there  was no conversation and the kids are left to figure out this stuff it on their own. Dysfunction much?

Oh wait.

Classy dysfunction. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

See, I would assume that there  was no conversation and the kids are left to figure out this stuff it on their own. Dysfunction much?

Oh wait.

Classy dysfunction. 

You're the one who created a little conversation, not me. You know..."Charlotte, dear...?" 

Really, what is there for the kids to 'figure out?' Clothes were laid out for them, they wore them, and aside from maybe noticing that everyone is wearing a similar, Christmassy sort of color, I would assume that was the end of the matter as far as the kids are concerned. I mean, my own kids would not have spared a single thought for what everyone else was wearing, and they certainly wouldn't have tried to figure out if some sort of subliminal message was being sent to someone by everyone wearing maroon. Why on earth would George and Charlotte? Do you really think they asked their parents why everyone is wearing the same color? That to me would show a level of sartorial awareness quite a bit beyond their ages, but hey, what do I know? 🥴

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Loveday said:

You're the one who created a little conversation, not me. You know..."Charlotte, dear...?" 

Really, what is there for the kids to 'figure out?' Clothes were laid out for them, they wore them, and aside from maybe noticing that everyone is wearing a similar, Christmassy sort of color, I would assume that was the end of the matter as far as the kids are concerned. I mean, my own kids would not have spared a single thought for what everyone else was wearing, and they certainly wouldn't have tried to figure out if some sort of subliminal message was being sent to someone by everyone wearing maroon. Why on earth would George and Charlotte? Do you really think they asked their parents why everyone is wearing the same color? That to me would show a level of sartorial awareness quite a bit beyond their ages, but hey, what do I know? 🥴

You are saying it's OK to use a child to hurt another person?

It's Ok because the child is innocent about what's going on?

The internet is forever. One day she'll know she was a pawn. Probably in just a few years. Or even now. She has classmates whose parents read the papers.

• Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I don’t even think it was a direct response. We have seen several events with people wearing the same colours. There was one with HMTQ, Camilla and Kate in the same colour and just different shades. Or maybe just HMTQ and C, because I remember thinking that they were doing a visual statement about all being Queens at one point. 

I will say, that most of their moves lack of strategic pettiness. Like the wreath drama last year. H milked that they wouldn’t lay a wreath on his behalf in the ceremony and staged his own event.  Both sides got quite some criticism for their action. I would have agreed and let someone put a wreath in his name down afterwards the whole official shenanigans. Meeting his wish but also making a point. Sending him a picture afterwards.

• Upvote 7

I think it’s incredible naive to assume George and Charlotte don’t know anything. Their aunt and uncle moved away and they go to school - I’m sure kids have talked. I’m sure William and Kate have had to have multiple conversations with them. 

I doubt they connect wearing matching clothes to showing up H&M but I’m sure they know matching clothes = “working” = solidarity of the monarchy. 

Kids aren’t stupid and realize a lot more than adults often realize. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t even think it was a direct response. We have seen several events with people wearing the same colours. There was one with HMTQ, Camilla and Kate in the same colour and just different shades. Or maybe just HMTQ and C, because I remember thinking that they were doing a visual statement about all being Queens at one point. 

I will say, that most of their moves lack of strategic pettiness. Like the wreath drama last year. H milked that they wouldn’t lay a wreath on his behalf in the ceremony and staged his own event.  Both sides got quite some criticism for their action. I would have agreed and let someone put a wreath in his name down afterwards the whole official shenanigans. Meeting his wish but also making a point. Sending him a picture afterwards.

It's very possible, even likely, that wardrobes for this event were chosen ages ago, and have nothing to do with The Two Most Amazing Ex-Working Royals Ever. So that article about all the maroon may well have been some humorous shit-stirring by the media. Not like THAT has never happened before, amirite?😏

2 minutes ago, viii said:

I think it’s incredible naive to assume George and Charlotte don’t know anything. Their aunt and uncle moved away and they go to school - I’m sure kids have talked. I’m sure William and Kate have had to have multiple conversations with them. 

I doubt they connect wearing matching clothes to showing up H&M but I’m sure they know matching clothes = “working” = solidarity of the monarchy. 

Kids aren’t stupid and realize a lot more than adults often realize. 

Possible, but how many kids their age are talking about this? If they were a little older, say preteens or older, I'd say quite a possibility they've heard stuff at school. But 9 year olds and 7 year olds aren't too likely to be discussing a Netflix series like H&M's. Do they know there is a situation between their aunt and uncle and the rest of the Royal Family? I'm sure they do. Do they know all these particulars we've been discussing and the media has been blowing up? I don't think it's naive at all to say I doubt it. Again...if they were older, probably. But not at this age. Not yet.

• Upvote 1

Wow, that‘s a lot of drama about some „maroon“ (I actually think they all wore burgundy, btw but that wouldn‘t have made such a nice pun) coats, you guys!

Whether they were chosen as an intentional response or not, does anyone really think that THAT will be the traumatizing part of this whole situation for the Wales kids? I mean, Harry & Meghan create a world wide streaming mess by dragging his family through the mud, claiming their parents didn‘t marry for love and bullied their uncle & aunt into leaving the country but the kids are going to never get over wearing a specific colour? Right. 

• Upvote 11

48 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

We will likely never get a statement why they wore matching colors at that event and we can only speculate about it. And we will likely never get a statement or an interview about their opinion on the doku series. And that's good in my opinion. The Royal family as snark worthy they are oftentimes are still the official albeit ceremonial heads of the United Kingdom. And the last thing the people who are the main representives ot that country should do is airing out their dirty laundry for all to see and read. Harry and Megan may now be free to monetize their former lives in the Royal family because they don't have these responisibilites anymore and get paid for that. His family is not. So the only way they can make statements may be matching coats. Or not. Because we will not hear their reasons in the near future.

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Whether they were chosen as an intentional response or not, does anyone really think that THAT will be the traumatizing part of this whole situation for the Wales kids? I mean, Harry & Meghan create a world wide streaming mess by dragging his family through the mud, claiming their parents didn‘t marry for love and bullied their uncle & aunt into leaving the country but the kids are going to never get over wearing a specific colour? Right. 

An aunt and uncle moving away is not traumatizing. The world screaming at them is.

The Wales kids will be traumatized, but their trauma will come from the press. Here's what will traumatize them:

• when the kids see a newspaper headline describing their aunt in horrible language
  • George will be bringing a laptop to school next year, as per his school's policies. He will easily be able to view things like Jeremy Clarkson wishing to throw excrement at his aunt.
  • George can share this info with his sister, if he wants to.
  • Charlotte is already known to have an ipad. There are probably filters on it, but we all know kids can get around filters. At 7,  many  kids are reading chapter books. Charlotte has a fine private school education. If she can't read newspaper articles now, she will be soon. 
  • The documentary series is the talk of Britain. Of course, elementary school kids will hear their parents talk about it, or watch it with them. Kids are always watching and listening to the adults around them.

Yes, the Cambridge kids will find out about this grownup ugliness. They'll learn why their aunt and uncle disappeared. They'll read articles about Meghan controlling Harry by her hand up his a**, and I'm sure they'll be pretty confused.

• Move Along 2

Cute that maybe wearing matching clothes as a sign of solitary is next level pettiness but making a documentary dragging everyone in your immediate family through the mud isn’t.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

To be fair, I think the Wales would match regardless of what’s going on. That’s kind of their thing. It’s the other family members matching (Zara, Pippa, etc) that seemed like an intentional statement from the BRF. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, treehugger said:

Cute that maybe wearing matching clothes as a sign of solitary is next level pettiness but making a documentary dragging everyone in your immediate family through the mud isn’t.  

??? 

Nobody has said that and I can think of only one poster who would go that route.

🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Huh I would be a hopeless royal :D this is just way too subtle for me.

They could be wearing next level petty colors directed at me all day and I would totally miss it :D  I'd see someone wearing a red coat and I'd think, oh, so and so has a red coat, and be completely unaware that the subtext says "HRH AmazonGrace is a twit"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

We can’t really be surprised that Charlotte’s coat matched her mother’s for an event that would be filmed and photographs, right? And generally, aren’t the outfits picked far in advance for events? 
I remain confused as well about the media issues. If the firm was really in control to that extent, wouldn’t Diana still be alive? Or is part of Harry’s ongoing complaints that his family murdered his mother? 
One other question: what is the Archewell Foubdation doing? Who are they supporting? What’s going on with that?

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic