IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 13: Doing the Dance of Deniability

Coconut Flan

It's another case of what grandma said, "That girl tain't right in her head." 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

In six-hours of footage? That's pretty darned good. Thanks for pointing that out, that's a real accomplishment in a long documentary like that. You must be a fan.

I think they went for the low hanging fruit first.  If you're an example of a fan, no thanks.  I can't find anything in these two lying, paranoid narcissists to admire.  

Since Harry said something like no one knows the truth, we know the truth.  Then they go out and say obvious lies.  It only takes one obvious lie to negate Harry's stated purpose.  It's like lying in court.  

Edited by Manda
  • Upvote 9

On 12/13/2022 at 5:47 PM, Manda said:

Only five misstatements, I honestly am impressed.   No wonder the show is so popular. It was the highest viewing documentary premiere in Netflix history. Internationally, it was a huge hit as well.

In its first week, part one was in the Top 10 list for Netflix shows in 85 countries. It was No. 1 in the U.K. 

I think people appreciate the accuracy of the show, as described in your link.

Thank you for this information., Manda!   😀

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 4
  • WTF 2

10 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

You are supporting Meghan and Harry, and helping them succeed! You are lining her pockets by watching the show. And Netflix's too. 

Netflix will be likely to offer her another 100 million, for another six shows.

Oh good, with that much money we can now expect those grand charitable gestures you require of the super rich! I‘ll be waiting over here, not watching any episodes of that lying fest btw.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 6

57 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Oh good, with that much money we can now expect those grand charitable gestures you require of the super rich! I‘ll be waiting over here, not watching any episodes of that lying fest btw.

How would Harry and Meghan even know what I require? And why would they care?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Downvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2

It is interesting we have seen images from Nottingham Cottage but not Frogmore. Or am I mistaken?

I agree that the BRF should have issued a statement regarding racist undertones. I doubt it would have done anything if they wouldn’t have also told the tabloids in secret that their sources would dry up if they didn’t comply. But the statement would have been an important sign and a good strategic point. 

Another point: I am getting a bit uncomfortable about the mocking of other posters and their, let’s call it controversial opinions. Especially because the entire topic is hardly relevant to anything (like arguing about fundamentalism and its dangers). We have an ignore function. So if I am tired of participating because the discussion is not constructive that’s the way to go. and that’s what I did in this case. Don’t feed the trolls and all that.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

18 hours ago, Baba O'Riley said:

To be honest, I do feel sorry for this couple.  I think she was totally unprepared for what royal life would be like, and I fault Harry for that.  She grew up in the US, and really didn't follow the royals much, like a British girl would. She had no idea about any of the protocols.  Maybe she should have read up on it more, but you don't know what you don't know. I guess she thought she could wing it. That being said, they should have exited the stage quietly and gracefully instead of the slash and burn strategy they employed.  I am struck by the difference between them and Princess Mako of Japan and her new husband.  There was an op-ed in the NY Times a couple of days ago, cleverly written so that you think you are reading about Harry and Megan, until you get to the end of the story.  I don't know if I am allowed to post the entire article, but here are the major parts. It's behind a paywall, but I'm a subscriber.

According to People mag, Mako refused " a $1.3 million payout that is traditionally paid to royal women who lose their royal status when they marry."

Really fascinating! Thank you for sharing the article. As much as we snark on the BRF, the Japanese Empirical Dynasty is a whole other level of intensity. I know the empress has struggled with mental health and being in the public eye, a lot focused around having a son. I really wish former Princess Mako the best in her new life. It seems much healthier for her. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Heidijoey said:

I would certainly have no complaints living there. It looks lovely. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/15/2022 at 2:50 PM, Jackie3 said:

You can tell your story as much as you want to. H&M can do the same. 

If only they would stick to ONE story.

And Nottingham Cottage? for newlyweds? 1324 square feet? Sounds big enough to me.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

If only they would stick to ONE story.

And Nottingham Cottage? for newlyweds? 1324 square feet? Sounds big enough to me.

My biggest complaint is that for two self proclaimed philanthropists, who apparently have done loads of charity work, they come off as incredibly privileged and out of touch.

We made like $35,000 together the first year of marriage.  Our apartment was 750 square feet and our cars were old and we utilized a food pantry a couple of times.  Our first apartment was filled with mold and we lost everything six weeks after our wedding, including gifts and household items and even our security deposit. We slept on my parents floor for a month while searching for an apartment we could afford. Without family support we’d have been homeless.Nottingham Cottage and enough food would have felt like a palace.

And that year is filled with some of my most beautiful memories. It was hard in many ways, but it solidified our marriage in many other ways.  And I don’t go around complaining about it; I remember it, and quietly donate to the food pantry we used and a place that helps people with housing needs, and am grateful for my great marriage and the material security we have now.

i just can’t with the complaining by two extraordinarily privileged people. Racism is a legitimate complaint and so talk about that, name names, call out people and  work to make a better world; but complaining about having to live at Nottingham cottage is just beyond tone deaf.

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 13

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

I would certainly have no complaints living there. It looks lovely. 

They should not make any jokes about the low celings. Or anything else.

They should just be humbly grateful. Especially Meghan. Just be grateful, girl! Don't have opinions, just be grateful.

• Fuck You 2

18 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I can assure they get nothing but distain and disrespect from me :)

I think that's the one dark spot in their otherwise happy, successful lives.

• Downvote 1

My goodness, those two had beautiful babies. I loved Archie's little voice and his headful of red curls. What a cutie.  

Naturally, they want to protect those babies.

If anyone called my child a monkey, I'd be out of there, too.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Heidijoey said:

How many space do they think 2 people are needing? Or how many rooms? I share a 2 bedroom, 1 receptionroom (now my livingroom feels fancy), 1 bath and 1 kitchen apartment half the size of the cottage with my brother. We don't feel crammed and we certainly don't need more space. If they look up the average 2 bedroom 1 livingroom dwelling in Britian they will see it is way smaller than the housing. And while they are at it, they can look up the average rent per sq ft for the part of London where Kensington Palace is. Little spoiler, it's one of the most expensive rent markets in Europe. They lived there rent free.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, sableduck said:

i just can’t with the complaining by two extraordinarily privileged people.

Money doesn't equal privilege. Money = the ability to buy stuff.

You are privileged when you are surrounded by love, encouragement and support. When you are surrounded by people who call you foul words, you are not privileged.

You may believe that money = terrific life, but most people want love, support and a good family.

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Another point: I am getting a bit uncomfortable about the mocking of other posters and their, let’s call it controversial opinions. Especially because the entire topic is hardly relevant to anything (like arguing about fundamentalism and its dangers). We have an ignore function. So if I am tired of participating because the discussion is not constructive that’s the way to go. and that’s what I did in this case. Don’t feed the trolls and all that.

I agree.  The ignore feature doesn't work for me, for some reason, but I can certainly do it myself.

• Upvote 1

Please note:  Discussion of interacting or not with trolls properly belongs in Community Discussion.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

55 minutes ago, RTR said:

I can’t believe they complained about living in a cottage designed by freakin Christopher Wren.  Ungrateful, spoiled little twits.

Harry has no right to complain about a house he can't stand up in. He should be glad to have a house! 

He should attend multiple engagements a week. He should tolerate the threats against his wife and babies. He should allow the press to use foul language about his wife. 

Here's what a Sun reporter said about her yesterday. This is the type of thing Harry should have tolerated.

"At night, I’m unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, “Shame!” and throw lumps of excrement at her," he penned.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Downvote 3
  • Haha 1

"At night, I’m unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, “Shame!” and throw lumps of excrement at her," he penned.

The author of this article is a man. named Jeremy Clarkson. Camilla invited him to her Xmas party last Wednesday. He left with a large goodie bag full of gifts from the Palace, not dollar-store gifts, I am sure. No wonder he is threatened by a challenge to the power structure--he is friends with the power structure.

On 12/15/2022 at 5:28 PM, Jackie3 said:

There’s never been a royal who’s done so much for charitable causes. Meghan did this stuff long before the cameras were on her. She didn’t spend her time mooning boys or “working” for her parents.

Poor neglected Princess Anne who was doing her charitable  stuff back in the early 1980's . I guess she never existed.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Isn‘t William taller than Harry? I think he has lived in Nottigham Cottage before.

I think it's safe to say that anyone over 6 ft would have the same problem.

Did Wills laugh about it too? Probably. I'm sure it's both funny at times, and a minor annoyance at others.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic