IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 13: Doing the Dance of Deniability

Coconut Flan

It's nice to see so many people defending Meghan, including 64 Members of Parliament.  The problem is not just Jeremy Clarkson, and it's nice toe se them acknowledging that. Piers M. must be sweating. He's next.

From the MPs' letter:

“Ms Markle has faced multiple credible threats to her life, requiring the intervention of the Metropolitan Police. Hateful articles like the one written by Mr Clarkson do not exist in a vacuum and directly contribute to this unacceptable climate of hatred and violence.”

Here's what I think happened. Jeremy and his cohorts attended the Queen's party. Part 2 of the documentary had just dropped and everyone was trashing Meghan and saying "That awful woman"  Clarkson got a fresh dose of entitlement -- even the Queen was laughing at the Meghan jokes!--and hatred. He went home and wrote his piece.

Imagine the entitlement to think this article was OK! And I guess it was, because his editor approved it.

This article was only slightly worse than some of the others I've seen. Some maniac could easily have read them and harmed Meghan, leaving those two babies motherless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I stopped reading when they were quoted bringing up Mandela again. To be so full of oneself.

Well, let's see. She has a loving spouse, great kids, she's rich, has a gorgeous home in a lovely place, and has a fun and creative job. She should be full of herself!

Look at that house! Unlike the other royals, she and Harry paid for their home with their own money. 

452487178_montecitohouse.jpg.27df60ba830c3f243e1347622121afe4.jpg

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

People thought (hoped) the documentary would never be produced.

It was produced, it dropped, and it is blowing the records out of the water!  Netflix and the Sussexes are both making bank. No wonder Netflix hired them to do more.

The people who watched it to snark were just lining H&M's pockets.  But they couldn't stay away, I guess. 

FkYk-3JUEAAFuSj.jpg.430ddabace66a01300fb184b6602a6fd.jpg

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Wow, Piers Morgan is taking one for the Old White Men Haters Club. He is actually defending Clarkson, more or less.

Morgan – an outspoken critic of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – reacted to Clarkson’s column on Twitter, writing: “Imagine if all those screaming with rage about Jeremy Clarkson felt the same protective anger towards those who’ve branded our Royal Family callous lying racist bullies - without producing any actual evidence for these cruel allegations?”

LOL, Piers. The evidence appeared in The Sun just a few days ago.

I really wonder if any of the mini-haters are much better than Clarkson, Bower, or Morgan. I've seen many quotes from Bowers book right here at FJ. I've seen many desperate, sad little mini-hates, not far from Clarkson-level hates. Like these:

1. The podcast/the book/the docu will never come out (until they did).

2. The podcast/book/docu will fail (until they were rousing successes)

3. Meghan smiled when she wasn't supposed to. More than once!

4. Meghan thinks too much of herself, she should think lower. She's too full of herself (a comment made just today).  She dared to mention Nelson Mandela, for example, which only special people get to do.

5. That blue dress is a sign she hates the Queen, whom we all should love, even in the US.

6. She didn't think of herself as Black/White/Mixed Race when she was supposed to. That bothers white people, in particular.

7. Megan sucked as an actress--was on a minor show---didn't really make money--ok, she made money, but she must have spent it all--LA is expensive, you know. Kate is much better.

8. Meghan should have tolerated people like Jeremy Clarkson. She should have done royal work and never had a complaint. She's lucky to be locked in that gilded cage! 

Clarkson crossed the line, and now everyone is distancing from him, but really, it's all a part of the same misogynistic mindset, with a dose of racism thrown in. "She's a narcissist" is really just 1-2 notches below Clarkson's words.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

4. Meghan thinks too much of herself, she should think lower. She's too full of herself (a comment made just today).  She dared to mention Nelson Mandela, for example, which only special people get to do.

If you think my comment is nearly Clarkson level, you are out of your mind.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

If you think my comment is nearly Clarkson level, you are out of your mind.

It's all on the same Racist Misogynist Continuum.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 2

On 12/19/2022 at 12:04 PM, Manda said:

Great article!!! I enjoyed it.

The harsh reality is that younger sons such as Prince Harry are ultimately disposable. It is only those in direct line of succession who count.

I think Harry wants nothing more than to be disposable. Before George was born, he must have lived in fear of his brother dying.

He doesn't want to be a royal. That's why he's in California.  I imagine he thinks, "Thank God I'm disposable." 

Honestly, the ones NOT in the line of succession seems to have much happier lives. I feel particularly bad for Prince George, who looks constantly miserable when he is out in public. I bet he wishes he was the disposable one instead of Charlotte and Louis. He always looks anxious, scared and worried in public.

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2

Ok, I found the troll funny and even intriguing for the first few months because it always slightly bewilders me when anyone is super invested in a celebrity. I just genuinely don't understand how you can care so much - I totally get admiring a famous person to the absolute point of adoration if they offer a product that enthralls you (musician, writer, actor, whatever...)  but I don't understand why you'd care so deeply about someone in the royal family. 

So yep, at first I was enjoying it. Then over the last few months I've started going 'Jeez, again, really??' The troll seems to have no capacity to hear what another person is saying, never mind reflect on it and come back in any sort of reasoned or measured way. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that there has to be a deliberate and concentrated resistance on the troll's part to any type of learning or growing; a brick wall through which no words, logic, reason or even kindness will ever be allowed penetrate.

So I started to feel sorry for the troll because that's an awful place to be, and so I was tolerant of the troll's constant invention of "facts", less so with the berating of others who gently pointed out that these "facts" were in fact largely not true.

Today though, I've moved to the next level of WTF with the troll. This is way beyond 'The troll isn't funny' or 'The troll doesn't interest me'. Elvis has truly left the building.

I totally get the 'Don't engage with the trolls' and 'That's what the block button is for' and 'They haven't said anything that breaks the FJ policies so they shouldn't be banned' school of thought. I get all that. But I guess I'm also asking...is there something we can do? I feel that at this stage I'm looking at a person who may be very unwell and that doesn't sit well with me.

I don't have any answer, I guess I'm just blowing off steam here. But it just kinda feels today that this is at a different level and I'm worried.

:confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Just stop responding, giving her any emoji reaction.  Cut her off cold turkey.  She will start getting more and more outlandish and nasty for attention resist. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

To be fair, I've never gotten the unwell vibe from @Jackie3. It really seems more like a game to her than anything, in my opinion. And I mean... she's not 100% wrong, either. She does make some valid points, but they get lost in the rest of her drivel. Hey! Kind of like Harry & Meghan, her idols! 🤣

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Ok, I found the troll funny and even intriguing for the first few months because it always slightly bewilders me when anyone is super invested in a celebrity. I just genuinely don't understand how you can care so much - I totally get admiring a famous person to the absolute point of adoration if they offer a product that enthralls you (musician, writer, actor, whatever...)  but I don't understand why you'd care so deeply about someone in the royal family. 

So yep, at first I was enjoying it. Then over the last few months I've started going 'Jeez, again, really??' The troll seems to have no capacity to hear what another person is saying, never mind reflect on it and come back in any sort of reasoned or measured way. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that there has to be a deliberate and concentrated resistance on the troll's part to any type of learning or growing; a brick wall through which no words, logic, reason or even kindness will ever be allowed penetrate.

So I started to feel sorry for the troll because that's an awful place to be, and so I was tolerant of the troll's constant invention of "facts", less so with the berating of others who gently pointed out that these "facts" were in fact largely not true.

Today though, I've moved to the next level of WTF with the troll. This is way beyond 'The troll isn't funny' or 'The troll doesn't interest me'. Elvis has truly left the building.

I totally get the 'Don't engage with the trolls' and 'That's what the block button is for' and 'They haven't said anything that breaks the FJ policies so they shouldn't be banned' school of thought. I get all that. But I guess I'm also asking...is there something we can do? I feel that at this stage I'm looking at a person who may be very unwell and that doesn't sit well with me.

I don't have any answer, I guess I'm just blowing off steam here. But it just kinda feels today that this is at a different level and I'm worried.

:confusion-shrug:

After being accused by her on another thread of defending Jeremy Clarkson, I've come to the same conclusion. There's something I can't put my finger on when I read her posts, something that leaves me feeling very uneasy. She's just not well, and she's revealing it more and more with each and every post. 😕 

• Upvote 1

You can make all the good points and may even be right sometimes but if you are so constantly salty, annoying, unlikeable, and accusatory no one will pay attention to them:)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, viii said:

To be fair, I've never gotten the unwell vibe from @Jackie3. It really seems more like a game to her than anything, in my opinion. And I mean... she's not 100% wrong, either. She does make some valid points, but they get lost in the rest of her drivel. Hey! Kind of like Harry & Meghan, her idols! 🤣

Same. By that I mean not unwell in terms of mental illness such as anxiety, depression, psychosis, etc. It’s a kick out of stirring the pot and that  needs no diagnosis and no plea to get help. In those situations there are two option: (1) Structure and containment from someone in power or (2) Ignoring and walking away.

I am a fan of option #2. But that does create a conundrum because there is no way to talk about ideas critical of the BRF without other posters getting personal real quick in a way that doesn’t happen in other corners of FJ. 

I enjoy some of these conversations—I wouldn’t be here otherwise—but it is lopsided and doesn’t jive with how people interact on the rest of this site.

🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

It's all on the same Racist Misogynist Continuum.

No, it‘s not and you better not call me racist or misogynist again for nothing or I will report you. Not everyone who isn‘t in love with Meghan is one of the two. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

I don't know to what extent Harghan are aware of the Sussex squad online activities but I think their most fervent supporters may actually work against them to some extent. If there is an excessive amount of trolling and online shit stirring  from a certain person, team or party supporters they may sort of get tainted by association. Like what is wrong with you if you're such a fan favorite with the people who throw cow dung all over the playground. Like some of Trump's most unhinged supporters did a great job making him look even worse. Like, do you really need to misquote news articles to defend your idol, isn't there anything factual that you could use to defend them? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

39 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I don't know to what extent Harghan are aware of the Sussex squad online activities but I think their most fervent supporters may actually work against them to some extent. If there is an excessive amount of trolling and online shit stirring  from a certain person, team or party supporters they may sort of get tainted by association. Like what is wrong with you if you're such a fan favorite with the people who throw cow dung all over the playground. Like some of Trump's most unhinged supporters did a great job making him look even worse. Like, do you really need to misquote news articles to defend your idol, isn't there anything factual that you could use to defend them? 

Agreeing with the bolded. It’s the dynamic here.

It’s pretty fascinating that a fundie snark—filled with the humorous and the irreverent and people prone to questioning—would be quick to defend royalty and ex-royalty because of birthright or marital status. I mean. It doesn’t jive in my head that one form of traditional thought (religion) be considered so thoroughly—we know some of those fundie family have cute and beautiful offspring but we question much about the life because we have an idea of the control and the pettiness and the lack of choice and downright abuse that is happening.

IMO royalty as a traditional form of governing is deeply problematic both as an institution and for the people entrenched in these families. 

I spent part of my childhood in a commonwealth country relatively new to independence. Holy crap. The legacy of colonialism and the BRF is front and center and even the most pro-commonwealth of the people recognize the problematic history and legacy and the complications of keeping the BRF in ceremonial roles. The deep divisions are less about the history of the crown and much more about what path to chart forward. Remaining or leaving the commonwealth is hecka complicated because of the relationships and business ties and immigration patterns etc.

On an individual level within the BRF and the BRF affiliated, there is a level of drama and backstabbing that seems to be given a pass here on FJ because that’s just how it works with these families and other women have endured the same and it’s part of the culture and so-and-so is so mean that it demands a response and yada yada yada. But if we were to switch the context to a church that cycles between love bombing and ostracism or a fraternity system filled with hazing, it would be called out for what it is.

For some reason with the BRF it’s harder to separate out the institution from the people.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

interesting. I was under the impression they created this themselves but they are just the ones releasing it? 

Netflix is getting the use of their names?  Apparently they had not much hand in the production?  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • I Agree 2

On 12/20/2022 at 11:35 AM, Jackie3 said:

Look at that house! Unlike the other royals, she and Harry paid for their home with their own money. 

452487178_montecitohouse.jpg.27df60ba830c3f243e1347622121afe4.jpg

Purchased with inherited wealth! Is that now okay, when they do that? Buy their way into a community and that’s cool, but it sucks if H’s relatives do the same? 
If these are the parameters, then everything KC and PW does is also kosher, since they also inherited incomparable wealth, and do with that money what they please. 
I’m actually not a fan of they BRF; I am not a monarchist. But we can at least agree that the wealth they’ve “earned” since their marriage is entirely based on them shitting on his family. 
This fact makes me struggle to understand how/what they’ve “earned.” If not for his family of origin, they’d have little to no income. No one would care, honestly. 
It’s too exploitative for my taste. Move away, do some real work, actually engage in the distance they do loudly desire.

And to my earlier adjective about MM being “loud.” She married into an internationally known family, and she went to Northwestern. That’s a great school. How could she not have known the upcoming difficulties? Every outsider gets dragged in the dirt, and it’s worse depending on how close they are to throne. This isn’t a secret! And it makes the complaints monotonous and irritating. The media can and will fuck with all of them, because their goal is so sell copies. 
The entire institution is based on birth lottery. It’s unfair in the deepest possible way. So why use the titles and profit off the connection if the issues are so deep? 
I still fail to understand their plan, their goals, and their ultimate aim. 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

54 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Looks like a house you would see in a fairytale Or a rather fractured Fairytale as the case may be.

Yes, reminded me of the house from the Disney movie Encanto. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, apandaaries said:

I still fail to understand their plan, their goals, and their ultimate aim. 🤷‍♀️

Honestly, I think attention is their only real aim. And they don't seem to care how they get it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic