IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 13: Doing the Dance of Deniability

Coconut Flan

If Diana were still alive she would probably be jet setting and have absolutely no problem seeing her grandkids on both sides of the atlantic. She would have money and would not be bound by any royal duties.

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

If Diana were still alive she would probably be jet setting and have absolutely no problem seeing her grandkids on both sides of the atlantic. She would have money and would not be bound by any royal duties.

She'd be laughing at the royal protocol and doing the exact opposite! 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 3

16 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

She holds on to and even cherishes her anger slights and grievances either supposed or real  like a gold medal won in the Victimization Olympics.  It’s her only claim to fame and way to make  money  in the end. 

It's like people with grievances against Meghan. They thrash them over and over, in a never-ending whine.

Meanwhile, Prince Andrew's crimes are virtually ignored. It's been over a month since anyone has even commented on his thread on FJ. Pedophiles and rapists just don't irk people in the same way, it seems. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 5

If Andrew was doing books and interviews and documentaries like Harry and Meghan, there would be PLENTY of comments on his thread. He has remained in the background for now, though, and unlike you, the rest of this board doesn’t need to say the same thing over and over. We’ve all agreed that Andrew is shit and disgusting. What else is there to be said??

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 7

There are threads on murderers that haven't had any posts in several years... It doesn't mean anyone condones  murder,  there's just  nothing new to report.

Feel free to refer back to this opinion regarding them:  "Yup, the victims are still dead. Yeah, murder is still a crime. Such  a terrible thing and I am so sorry for the loved ones."

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

This is NOT the Andrew thread.  If moaning about Andrew and the lack of comments is going to be posted, put it there.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/dec/13/harry-meghan-psychodrama-continues-netflix

Opinion from The Guardian.

As for the consumers of the endless psychodrama, there is little so enduring as the public’s unwillingness to see its part in all of this. 

Count me out on watching.  I tried - lasted one minute four seconds.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 8

This is an interesting revelation and doesn't surprise me.

Note that he also says that he's "fed up" with H & M wishes they "go away and live their life."

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Note that he also says that he's "fed up" with H & M wishes they "go away and live their life."

I don't find that surprising, either. It's pretty well known that the media will put out positive or negative stories based on how they think it will be received by the public.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Not surprising. But also gross.

I find very little about the institution or the family to be admirable or even redeemable.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Things have gathered so far from articles about the new episodes...

Soldier Harry who went to war was scared when William "screamed" at him in front of Charles and the King in front of the Queen during the Sandringham Summit.  Also, Charles lied during the meeting and the Queen was quiet.  Harry wanted the half in - half out option but no one would listen.  There are no details.  What was the lie? What did William yell about? Did anything prompt the yelling? Nope no details.  Just scared Harry.

Oprah was shocked at how small Nottingham Cottage was.  The first place the couple lived after the got married.  No one would ever believe that they lived some place so tiny. 

The main takeaway is that Harry and Meghan were better at their jobs than C and C / W and C and Sussexes had to be put in their place.  That is why the Palaces leaked information about them. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 4

53 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

Things have gathered so far from articles about the new episodes...

Soldier Harry who went to war was scared when William "screamed" at him in front of Charles and the King in front of the Queen during the Sandringham Summit.  Also, Charles lied during the meeting and the Queen was quiet.  Harry wanted the half in - half out option but no one would listen.  There are no details.  What was the lie? What did William yell about? Did anything prompt the yelling? Nope no details.  Just scared Harry.

None of these people are relatable to me. They are filled with privilege and pettiness. It’s nasty.

But the bolded? Please stop. This is a complete misunderstanding of trauma and anxiety.

Post traumatic stress disorder as a diagnosis had its origins in war veteran treatment hospitals who were dealing with men who experienced life threatening situations and witnessed death and injury on a scale that is hard to fathom. 

It was decades before there was acknowledgement that non combat situations could evoke similar stress responses. Rape, for example. The trauma of rape and childhood sexual abuse was long minimized and not recognized until shifts in the scientific research and our cultural understanding.

There is a similar shift—long recognized in the research literature but not yet accepted by the broader culture—around attachment disruption and trauma. Potential loss of family, and especially to a person who already experienced the loss of his mother, can trigger terror. That he was trained and prepared to his job as a soldier likely made the anxiety of whatever combat he encountered (did he encounter?) known and manageable. The family piece is not something any of us prepare for.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, TN-peach said:

Soldier Harry who went to war was scared when William "screamed" at him in front of Charles and the King in front of the Queen during the Sandringham Summit. 

It sounds like you have no understand of PTSD or family dynamics. War veterans re-enter the real world MORE scared than the average person, and easily triggered. Given William's reaction when a photographer tried to photograph his family, the guy has a bad temper.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

23 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

12% on Rotten Tomatoes among viewers.  

As long as the $100 million clears the bank, I'm not sure H&M really care. They are making bank AND getting to share their story. 

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

It sounds like you have no understand of PTSD or family dynamics. War veterans re-enter the real world MORE scared than the average person, and easily triggered. Given William's reaction when a photographer tried to photograph his family, the guy has a bad temper.

Again, no. Not necessarily. Not all combat veterans develop stress reactions. A formal diagnosis of PSTD is not typical even for soldiers exposed to the same combat situations. 

It’s complex and has a lot to do with genetic predisposition, pre-combat functioning and resilience, quality of training, prior struggles with mental illness and especially addiction. Plus, post combat support and re-entry. 

He is not automatically more or less triggered because of military service.

• Upvote 6

Their story and “their truth” is about as reliable as Trump and his alternative facts.  

I honestly wonder what they hope to gain from this series 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

52 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Again, no. Not necessarily. Not all combat veterans develop stress reactions. A formal diagnosis of PSTD is not typical even for soldiers exposed to the same combat situations. 

It’s complex and has a lot to do with genetic predisposition, pre-combat functioning and resilience, quality of training, prior struggles with mental illness and especially addiction. Plus, post combat support and re-entry. 

He is not automatically more or less triggered because of military service.

There you go! Exactly.

We have no idea if Harry developed PTSD, since we know very little about his genetic disposition, resilience, etc.

Have you been in combat, for two tours of Afganistan? No?  Are you a civilian judging a war veteran?  I am not sure if you are in a place to judge, unless you have been to war.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 3

The whole docuseries is a bit of a sickly sweet plushy pr piece, with no shocking revelations at all and some short moments of actual relevant stuff that just didn’t have a place there to be looked into. The Empire 2.0 deserves a real documentary. The European Union could be a second part two to this. 
Basically, it’s a massive snooze fest. 
They didn’t bring up any story that had been planted or actively created to make them look bad. 
The tabloids basically live blogged Sandringham. We already knew the discussion was heated and loud. 

I do think it’s good and important that they showed the ugliness of the internet. I always wondered why they didn’t focus on this more. The real nasty and scary stuff was always coming from private people. Fired on by tabloids-probably. But sadly I think stuff like that doesn’t need much from the outlets anymore. I mean, look what we do on this forum a lot of the time….

They didn’t fill all the wholes in their story. But at least some of my questions were answered. It was good that H admitted that HE failed his wife when she was depressed. 
But too much self praise. The kneeling airplane staff should have not been mentioned. That’s almost like the dancing like for Mandela all over again.

This would be a good point for them to never mention the RF again and spin positive messages now. Turn to the future. 
The RF just has to stay quiet and never mention them again. 
And maybe, in 5-10 years they can rebuild private relationships and reconcile as a family. 

• Upvote 11

11 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

This would be a good point for them to never mention the RF again and spin positive messages now. Turn to the future. 

The desire to silence them astonishes me. It is just another version of "keep sweet."

You can tell your story as much as you want to. H&M can do the same. It is not their job to prop up the monarchy.

Clearly there are people who are interested (the Netflix documentary has been breaking records). I can't see any reason that they should remain silent.

People wanted MeToo survivors to be silent, too.

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

My personal feelings - (Especially after watching their “documentary”) - You clearly hated it. So let it go. Walk away and mean it. Live your life to the max and show those royals that you’re so angry with that you are just fine without them.
This constant rehashing of the same thing is exhausting and comes across as so entitled and “poor me”. And it seriously looks like one giant money grab all the time. Plus the different versions of the same story do nothing for their credibility at this point.

I wish they would use their notoriety for something positive - go out and really support those causes you say you’re passionate about. Instead we only see them when they are showing up for an award and when they’re telling us another version of the same story.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I’ve been trying for a while to figure out why H & M are different to me than former fundies coming out and condemning fundamentalism. For me it’s that H&M come across as petty whiners whose words aren’t helping anyone except their own egos. Even with all of the criticism they spew that may have validity, they’re so tone deaf about the privilege they still have that I don’t find their woe-is-us as anything to be sympathetic towards. 

• Upvote 16

• Coconut Flan locked this topic