IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 13: Doing the Dance of Deniability

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

If he knows something damning about Andrew, (something beyond the usual damning things that everyone knows) it would give him leverage but only if it's not already out in a book.

Maybe he wants to distance himself from his sicko uncle.

Because they both have massive hate and bitterness and jealousy ETC hard ons toward W&K. They are so absolutely self interested and self  involved and fixated on getting their “truth” out  and junior high ish digs at the Wales’s  that nothing else concerning the  Windsors as a whole is matters a flip to them.  

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

If he knows something damning about Andrew, (something beyond the usual damning things that everyone knows) it would give him leverage but only if it's not already out in a book.

It could be that he can’t say anything about Andrew without also implicating himself, so he’s being smartly silent. Or he just really liked his cousins and is trying to make their lives less complicated. Who knows? I can’t really follow his logic in what he chooses to share/not share. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Because they both have massive hate and bitterness and jealousy ETC hard ons toward W&K. They are so absolutely self interested and self  involved and fixated on getting their “truth” out  and junior high ish digs at the Wales’s  that nothing else concerning the  Windsors as a whole is matters a flip to them.  

Beating up your brother (2x) is pretty junior  high  too. So is sneering at the new girl. 

It's also pretty immature to expect your new SIL to curtsey to you! Wills was saying, "I am royalty" and was pretty upset by a hug that said, "We are family." Shows his priorities, loud and clear.

I admire the Dutch royalties that put aside such formalities for the most part.  Even Queen Elizabeth said they were rubbish. But Wills wanted his curtsey. 

Wills frequently scoffed at Meghan for being an "American actress" and then expected her to know that she needed to show deference to him.

(Though I don't think much of Americans who show deference to the British crown). 

Charles rips a sink from the wall. But Harry and Meghan are worse.

Christopher Andersen, the royal author, has recently written a book describing in detail about the "temper" of King Charles. In it, he describes how the monarch has broken things when he has been furiously angry. King Charles "tore the sink off the wall" in frustration after losing his cufflink down the plughole, Christopher Andersen claimed.

“He threw a chair through a window, someone else's window as well. He destroyed a sink because he lost a cufflink down the drain. One of the most shocking things I read in the book is there were such fiery exchanges between Diana and Charles that their employees were concerned for their safety," the royal author claimed.

Edited by Jackie3

My idle speculation is leaning towards he would be implicated in whatever he might know. Why else would he not blather on about it? He's told us everything else...so much everything.

I dont think BRF has any actual problem with Andrew beyond he attracted negative headlines. 

I totally believe the palace aides or whoever leak stuff to detract from the top level royalty as needed.

And yet...so little has come out about Andrew. Odd. It's all very suspiciously silent. I fear what that silence means. Ultra rich people live in a world that just plain and simple doesn't follow the same rules as the rest of us. Other rich ppl and celebs who've been outed during #metoo don't seem to have any remorse beyond getting caught.

• Upvote 5

I think he says nothing about Andrew because Eugenie is his only real family connection and he doesn’t want to alienate her. Harry is an absolute idiot but to assume he’s not saying anything because it would implicate him is ridiculous. He’s done plenty of dumb things but he’s not Andrew levels. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, viii said:

I think he says nothing about Andrew because Eugenie is his only real family connection and he doesn’t want to alienate her. Harry is an absolute idiot but to assume he’s not saying anything because it would implicate him is ridiculous. He’s done plenty of dumb things but he’s not Andrew levels. 

It's absurd, I agree. Just making stuff up. 

1 hour ago, viii said:

Someone who knows more details about  Andrew can correct me, but my recollection is that collecting evidence around the Andrew lawsuits was difficult because it was deemed a matter of “national security” and some evidence was never turned over. Andrew also did not cooperate with US law enforcement —which had no jurisdiction over him—so also lots of unanswered questions there.

I am guessing many in the BRF do not know details. They just know it’s a hot mess.

I am guessing Harry knows very little except Andrew is out with no way back. 

Harry seems interested in torching the BRF, and in true hierarchical fashion, that means the people senior to him, not every person connected to the family.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, viii said:

One would hope this is the reason. 

I guess I'm more cynical and can't really imagine nazi costume wearing, party boy, publicly bragging about killing taliban, seems to have major emotional issues, throws most his family under the bus in an amazing ball of fire Harry somehow has a gentle concern for his cousins' feelings.

I did a little googling while dinner was cooking. Apparently he once said something like "whatever Andrew may have done or not done...."

Sounds to me at best he doesn't believe it/doesn't think it's noteworthy.

5 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Someone who knows more details about  Andrew can correct me, but my recollection is that collecting evidence around the Andrew lawsuits was difficult because it was deemed a matter of “national security” and some evidence was never turned over. Andrew also did not cooperate with US law enforcement —which had no jurisdiction over him—so also lots of unanswered questions there.

I am guessing many in the BRF do not know details. They just know it’s a hot mess.

I am guessing Harry knows very little except Andrew is out with no way back. 

Harry seems interested in torching the BRF, and in true hierarchical fashion, that means the people senior to him, not every person connected to the family.

Apparently, he would have had to testify/be interviewed? in some court proceeding but the queen paid for him to settle out of court to avoid that.

I dunno. I think they know more than we ever will. 

I wonder what Meghan thinks of Andrew. She has as much info as we do and what we know is pretty nasty. Meghan doesn't strike me as somebody with so much privilege that she can't grasp the implications.

My nosy self can't look away to see what the slow mo crash and burn reveals.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, viii said:

I can't help but think that libel law might also be an issue here from the bookhouse's point of view. Even if what Harry would hypothetically have to say wouldn't be libelous, the publisher might very much like him to not say it because we've seen publications in the UK go to court for a different legal threshold (not was this thing libel, but did the publisher have reason to believe their source). 

On the other hand, if I was Andrew, I wouldn't be suing anybody for libel becuase the process of discovery will never play in his favor so the chances of it going that far are slim. In this case, it's likely that the publisher would be gone after before Harry, though, and they probably are already carrying hefty libel insurance as a publisher, but really wouldn't want to open this kind of door. It is something they'd have say over in terms of the book in a way they wouldn't in interviews. (I imagine Harry is also carrying libel insurance via homeowners insurance.) 

• Upvote 3

Re Harry’s interview: 

When asked if he’d like to say anything directly to William, Harry said ”what they have to say to me will be in private, and I hope it can stay that way.”

Is he ACTUALLY insane? 

I don’t think he knows what the word ‘private’ means. What a hypocrite. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I did a little googling while dinner was cooking. Apparently he once said something like "whatever Andrew may have done or not done...."

Sounds to me at best he doesn't believe it/doesn't think it's noteworthy.

To be fair, I’d put money on this is how 90% of the BRF feels as well. They’ve distanced Andrew because he drags their name through mud, not because he’s actually guilty, imo. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, adidas said:

Re Harry’s interview: 

When asked if he’d like to say anything directly to William, Harry said ”what they have to say to me will be in private, and I hope it can stay that way.”

Is he ACTUALLY insane? 

LOL, everyone who's ever written a book and been interviewed still has private life! 

Did you think he has no private life, simply because he chose to blow the whistle on his corrupt family?

Edited by Jackie3

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Harry's not the one who gave $12 million to protect Andrew. 

Now Andrew lives in comfort, protected by his privilege and money. That's the Queen's doing, and Charles'. They are the ones who are protecting Andrew. 

I think you need to read the book before you can attack Harry for not writing 5.123 pages on his uncle, which you apparently feel is necessary. That's funny, since Andrew's fj thread has been silent for weeks. Is Andrew just another tool to criticize the real villain, Harry? 

Because no one seems that upset about the pedophile living on palace grounds, protected by. his wealth and privilege, doing the Sandringham Xmas walk.

26 minutes ago, adidas said:

Re Harry’s interview: 

Is he ACTUALLY insane? 

He's got serious issues. 

60 minutes interview didn't clear anything up. I have more concerns about his mental health. Everything he said is so ...crazy.

Anderson Cooper said something like you really dissed your brother in the book (my words) and Harry was like...what? How can you construe my words in that way? Why are you being negative Anderson?  (My interpretation).

Like...did he attempt to gaslight Anderson Cooper?

What just happened? 

He seems to believe that if he just keeps going on and on about it somebody is gonna apologize to him for all the wrongs he's suffered.

Clearly thinks the press is the devil...and yet interviewing with....the press.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

In the words of the Australian media: Harry has ‘Thomas Markled’ his family.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/one-sentence-proves-prince-harry-still-doesnt-get-it/news-story/0f21d32e67fe1b89b3bff60393e11946?amp

To recap: in a tell-all interview to promote his tell-all memoir exposing private family conversations, Harry made it clear he expected them to keep their private conversations with him … private.

Edited by adidas
Typos
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic