IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 13: Doing the Dance of Deniability

Coconut Flan

https://news.yahoo.com/prince-harry-pledged-support-prince-130026461.html

Harry and Meghan have made it difficult to sort truth, lies, exaggeration, fabrication, and misunderstandings.  

I don't like the way he keeps trying to drag Diana into so much of their lives.  It doesn't look healthy.  It seems in the Netflix project that he wants Meghan and him to be "new Dianas."  He really should give that up.  He seemed much more authentic before he got caught up in being as he said "Diana's boy."  He should work on being himself. 

• Upvote 14

10 minutes ago, Manda said:

Harry and Meghan have made it difficult to sort truth, lies, exaggeration, fabrication, and misunderstandings.  

This is the frustrating thing. They have so many valid experiences and frustrations with the BRF, the British media, etc but it all gets lost in their exaggerations, multiple stories about the same event, and whatnot. I wish they’d get their shit together. 

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, treehugger said:

I think there may be some idea that the BRF is more powerful than they actually are.  They are the head of state, but have very little political or executive power. They are more of a ceremonial figurehead than a Vladimir Putin style dictatorship.  It is unlikely they have much, if any actual control over the press.  To blame King Charles for allowing what the press writes about his daughter-in-law is a bit of a stretch.  You all remember what the press wrote about Queen Camilla right?  

Meghan has been horribly treated by the press, but let's place blame where blame is due.  

Edited to add: I am not comparing how the press treated Camilla to how they treat Meghan.  What Jeremy Clarkson said was despicable.  My point is merely that if the BRF was able to control the press the way people think they do, Camilla would not have received such awful press, and Katherine wouldn't have had topless pictures published, etc.... 

See, I don’t think they have much power over the press apart from some major agreements like no topless photos and how minor children are portrayed. For other scenarios there may be some quiet deals and understandings here and there, but nothing sustainable or trustworthy.

What they do control is their own press releases. And that is where things get interesting because there are events and rumors that they do choose to address and others that they let lie. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

What they do control is their own press releases. And that is where things get interesting because there are events and rumors that they do choose to address and others that they let lie. 

I think Jeremy Clarkson is an old friend and they kinda agree with him, anyway. They can't believe that Meghan wouldn't keep sweet and are deeply offended that she rejected palace life. It's a narcissistic wound. 

I'm glad they protected little Archie and Lilibet from people who say such crap. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, viii said:

If my memory serves me correctly, no British media would publish the topless Kate photos, knowing it would damage their relationship with the BRF. Instead, a French magazine published them and were promptly sued by the BRF, I believe. 

The BRF will always need the media more than the media needs them. 

Correct. Tha Cambridges won the lawsuit. Damages were paid and donated to charity. 

I think the royals and the media very much need each other. If the media wasn‘t making a ton shit of money with complying royals, there wouldn‘t be any deals.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

On 12/26/2022 at 8:42 AM, Manda said:

I don't like the way he keeps trying to drag Diana into so much of their lives.  It doesn't look healthy.  It seems in the Netflix project that he wants Meghan and him to be "new Dianas."  He really should give that up.  He seemed much more authentic before he got caught up in being as he said "Diana's boy."  He should work on being himself. 

You don't want him to mention his dead mother? I'm not sure that's your call.

Why would we encourage anyone to forget deceased loved ones? And call it unhealthy? It is healthy to remember them!

I dont' understand the "new Diana" business. What does that even mean? Diana was an unhappy royal wife and mother with few skills or education.  She was tormented by the paparazzi.

Why would they be trying to copy that (and how would it be possible?). Meghan is a happy wife and mother with a lot of education and skills, and Harry is much the same. They have escaped the paparazzi that tormented his mom. Their lives are completely different.

I don't think they'd like to copy her life, not in any way, shape or form.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/26/2022 at 5:42 PM, Manda said:

I don't think that the phenomenom that Diana was would work today. Back in her day you only had the press to get your information about her. If the press wasn't there, nothing happened. And Diana had not much competition in her work in the 1980s and 1990s. Today you have several social media platforms full of influencer trying to get attention for their various causes. It isn't enough anymore to have famous name and give a warm fuzzy speach about their causes when you can follow people in social media doing the actual work they speak about.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

I don't think that the phenomenom that Diana was would work today. Back in her day you only had the press to get your information about her. If the press wasn't there, nothing happened. And Diana had not much competition in her work in the 1980s and 1990s. Today you have several social media platforms full of influencer trying to get attention for their various causes. It isn't enough anymore to have famous name and give a warm fuzzy speach about their causes when you can follow people in social media doing the actual work they speak about.

Plus, the last thing they'd want is to be chased by the paparazzi like Diana. If they wanted that, they'd have stayed in England. and would be doing walkabouts.

Take Xmas day, for example. If they wanted a Diana-like life, they'd be doing the Sandringham walk. Instead, they chose a private Xmas celebration at home. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

I think the time of big mass hysterics about famous people has died and is only a thing for young teens. The death of Michael Jackson wasn’t half as dramatic as the split of Take That. I very much doubt we would see millions of people through all age groups lining the streets in hysteria nowadays. If Diana had lived, her hype would have died down eventually as well. It feels as if this was very much a thing of the 90s.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I think the time of big mass hysterics about famous people has died and is only a thing for young teens. The death of Michael Jackson wasn’t half as dramatic as the split of Take That. I very much doubt we would see millions of people through all age groups lining the streets in hysteria nowadays. If Diana had lived, her hype would have died down eventually as well. It feels as if this was very much a thing of the 90s.

Diana's popularity may have died down after a bit, but only when she stopped dating, started to age, became a grandma, and did other things that rendered her less interesting and more invisible.

You think that "hysteria" about famous royals is dying down? Wait till young princess Charlotte starts university, begins dating, gets married. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Downvote 1

How many people were on the streets for the Queue?

I think it gets diluted because there are so many mini celebs now, people who have a social media following and fans that a lot of not-fans have never heard of. Nobody can possible care about more than just few of them.

• Upvote 2

Harry and Meghan did a great job on Live to Lead. They have so many fun, exciting projects to work on. What a fun way to earn a living..

They're earning their own money, and actually working--a vast improvement over the rest of the royals. 

Their lives are really gilded at this point. They have it all, and they are free from the back-stabbing that goes on in the Palace, as well as the need to placate the public. No one is examining Meghan's clothing budget and deciding if it's too much or too little. It must be such a blessing to them to be free.

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Haha 2

I‘m probably very late with this but since I don‘t watch the Netflix docu-drama, I just got this information from a royalty podcast I listen to (I‘m very behind there as well, lol): Harry apparently addressed the Nazi uniform incident and didn‘t make excuses? I respect and appreciate it.

I didn't watch but according to https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2022/12/prince-harry-addresses-the-2005-nazi-costume-in-harry-and-meghan

he said,

Spoiler

“It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life,” Harry said. “I felt so ashamed afterwards. All I wanted to do was make it right. I sat down and spoke to the chief rabbi in London, which had a profound effect on me. I went to Berlin and spoke to a Holocaust survivor. I could have just ignored it and made the same mistakes over again in my life. But I learned from that.”

I don't see a "sorry" but sounds like there's a bit of "yeah I screwed up" with a touch of "hey but in the end it's a good thing it happened because I learned not to do it again" with a spoonful of "our PR team made me talk to these people"

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I didn't watch but according to https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2022/12/prince-harry-addresses-the-2005-nazi-costume-in-harry-and-meghan

he said,

Hide contents

“It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life,” Harry said. “I felt so ashamed afterwards. All I wanted to do was make it right. I sat down and spoke to the chief rabbi in London, which had a profound effect on me. I went to Berlin and spoke to a Holocaust survivor. I could have just ignored it and made the same mistakes over again in my life. But I learned from that.”

I don't see a "sorry" but sounds like there's a bit of "yeah I screwed up" with a touch of "hey but in the end it's a good thing it happened because I learned not to do it again" with a spoonful of "our PR team made me talk to these people"

About a year after the Nazi costume incident, Harry was filmed calling fellow soldiers "P*kis" and "r*gheads", so he clearly DID make the same mistakes again. It's also pretty obvious that meetings with chief rabbis and a holocaust survivor in a different country were organised by the Royal Family/army rather than Harry as an individual.

Frankly, I'm not into giving Harry a clap for realising that racism exists in his mid-30s (and only after falling in love with a mixed race woman). 

• Upvote 11

Harry and Meghan didn't do Live to Lead.  Another foundation did it.  Netflix bookended them onto it hoping to make more money with their names attached.

Give up the alternative facts.  The participants from the original plan are not happy.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Harry is still a broken-wing bird.  He's putting a lot on Meghan that isn't reality.  It was very obvious in their series and a lot of if is not healthy.

The Sunday Times source says that Harry conversely puts Meghan on a pedestal: “The overall impression is that this is a man who has never recovered from the trauma of his mother dying so young, and then along comes Meghan, and he projects onto her a parallel with Diana,” the source says.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/spare-lashes-kate-middleton-source-165001369.html

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Manda said:

Harry is still a broken-wing bird.  He's putting a lot on Meghan that isn't reality.  It was very obvious in their series and a lot of if is not healthy.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/spare-lashes-kate-middleton-source-165001369.html

A man wants to marry and have kids in peace, in a place where they are safe from racism. That doesn't make him broken-winged. That makes him a strong, protective, loving, caring. 

Whatever flaws you perceive in Lilibet, Meghan and Archie,  I think you can agree they deserve to be free from racism, to the extent that's possible.

How could Lilibet and Archie be  safe, when Granny is friends with Jeremy and his lot?

To some, "broken" = staying in a place full of Jeremy Clarksons. "Healthy"=tolerating racism because you get to be a duchess.  Fortunately, not everyone holds views like these!

The rest of the article is just more pining for Harry to return. "Harry is confused and  only imagines he loves his wife. Soon he'll come to his senses, return to the UK, and behave himself." LOL, the British media keep on hoping. They created this situation and now they're kicking themselves.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 2

27 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

A man wants to marry and have kids in peace, in a place where they are safe from racism. That doesn't make him broken-winged. That makes him a strong, protective, loving, caring. 

Whatever flaws you perceive in Lilibet, Meghan and Archie,  I think you can agree they deserve to be free from racism, to the extent that's possible.

How could Lilibet and Archie be  safe, when Granny is friends with Jeremy and his lot?

To some, "broken" = staying in a place full of Jeremy Clarksons. "Healthy"=tolerating racism because you get to be a duchess.  Fortunately, not everyone holds views like these!

The rest of the article is just more pining for Harry to return. "Harry is confused and  only imagines he loves his wife. Soon he'll come to his senses, return to the UK, and behave himself." LOL, the British media keep on hoping. They created this situation and now they're kicking themselves.

Then they need to live in peace and quiet and stop making podcasts, reality shows and publishing books. Period.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

he said,

Hide contents

Thank you. Reads ok to me but for the last two sentences, those are a bit smug. Don‘t know how it was delivered though.

I don’t get the piece on getting a special trip to Berlin and an extra meeting with the chief rabbi of London. If that is what it takes to make people realise they screwed up with shit like that we are doomed. If anything it shows his privileges. But I man happy for everyone that realises their mistakes.

I really love how he still sits down with journalists and cries that he would love to make up with his family but they are just so mean. Did he take notes from Meghan’s father? Looking at it today, they are kind of on the same level of screwing over family members by acting as the victim and/or telling the public how bad the other party is. And I think TM should be ashamed. I also wonder how long they can keep going like this. Oprah was supposed to be their one and only time to talk about their issues around their decision to step back. And now we have several interviews, two tv productions, a book….. what’s next? When will it end? Only when no one is interested to pay for it anymore? People buying the book are idiots. There will be nothing more concrete in the dirt department than what we already got. If you really need to read it, I think you can listen to the audiobook for free if you do a trial month with audible. Please look it up though - that is hearsay and I haven’t confirmed it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I am pretty positive Charles will get the better edit and they will save laying it on thick to make William and maybe Kate as the cold unsympathetic backward  protocol loving  villain keeping these farsighted forward  revolutionary thinkers and their heroic efforts of reform!1!1 down 

Don’t upset the man who holds  the strings  but go after those who can’t do much  about it. Right now that is. 

• Upvote 2

Doesn’t show a lot of planning on their end if that’s what they go with. They will live under a King William reign much longer than Charles. He’s making an enemy of the wrong man. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I really love how he still sits down with journalists and cries that he would love to make up with his family but they are just so mean. Did he take notes from Meghan’s father?

Thank goodness they got away from the BFF. I applaud everyone who protects themselves from toxic family members!

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

7 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t get the piece on getting a special trip to Berlin and an extra meeting with the chief rabbi of London. If that is what it takes to make people realise they screwed up with shit like that we are doomed. If anything it shows his privileges. But I man happy for everyone that realises their mistakes.

You don't get it? He's educating himself. YOu have to really stretch to find fault with someone educating themself about anti-semitism. I applaud it.

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic