IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 13: Doing the Dance of Deniability

Coconut Flan

16 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Oh man they are getting really desperate for the family namely W&K to take the bait now. See, I think They want something, someone to fight to play the victim with even more exaggeration and to “punish” the family even more and get all the more press for it .They  aren’t getting what they want now and most People are seeing a calm dignified Wales family going about the business they are paid to richly. 

They HAVE gotten what they want. Financial security and the opportunity to speak their truth. The other stuff is just fantasy.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Harry is laying it on really thick now and It’s sounding like an overwrought  Netflix drama script at this point and he already can’t be trusted  so The more he talks the worse he looks not His brother. 

And now he is making lame excuses and blaming others for  his own stupidity… just stop. 

This stuff is all lies and worthless, but you keep reading it? 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

If your brother told you to dress up as a Nazi, would you?

Another story that changed. What else is new.

It’s unfortunate his own children are not yet teenagers.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

He could have at least told his American ghost writer that his birth name is Henry, not Harold. Very hard to believe that William would not know this.

Harold is a nickname, same as Harry. I don’t think it’s the ghostwriter getting it wrong. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Twitter thread that made me laugh:

image.thumb.jpeg.1577940981ffc691e407f185eb3552bd.jpeg

Since I’m not logged in, I can’t get it to link correctly. The thread is entertaining and maybe someone else can link it?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, viii said:

https://pagesix.com/2023/01/04/prince-harry-claims-william-and-kate-middleton-told-him-to-buy-nazi-costume/amp/

Oh boy. While this confirms what I said about William attending the party right alongside Harry, this is NAGL. William must be seething. 

Between this story and the story of William hitting his brother, I wonder if the BRF will remain silent or if they will finally speak up. 

Part of me is thinks that they were all young-ish adults that were young and dumb and another part of me knows they should have known better.  But apparently not. First, the theme of the party. None of the three of them or their friends thought "hey this theme is inappropriate." But second and most important of all is - how does one find a Nazi uniform? Like is there a closet of inappropriate costumes and in the very back there is "restricted area."  Who in their right mind has one, knows how to find one, and then would want to wear one?! Maybe William and Kate laughed about it but they didn't force Harry to wear it.  At 20 years old, he was old enough to make his own decisions and he shouldn't blame others.   

• Upvote 7

I don’t think any of them (William, Kate, and Harry) batted an eye at the idea of the costume because in their world, such things would have been considered funny. While Harry was an adult who should accept responsibility for his own actions, he wasn’t alone in that situation and it would be frustrating to be the one to hung out to dry while William and Kate “got away” scot free. While maybe that would normally be a nuisance, I'm sure it was just one of the many times Harry was sold out to cover William and that would get very old, very quickly, for anybody. 

This book is such a mess. 

• Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, viii said:

Harold is a nickname, same as Harry. I don’t think it’s the ghostwriter getting it wrong. 

Yeah, it appears that they call each other Willy and Harold. Likely aliases as well as nicknames. “Willy” really bothers me somehow, maybe because the previous royal Willy was the insane and destructive Kaiser Wilhelm. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

"In his book, Harry also claims that his father told him that Meghan should not come to Balmoral. The Queen was staying at her Scottish estate when she died last September.

The prince wrote: "Then my father called again. He told me I was welcome at Balmoral, but… without her. He started to explain his reasons, but they didn't make any sense at all, and it was disrespectful as well. I did not tolerate it from him.

"Don't even think about talking about my wife like that.

"Repentant, he said, stammering, that he simply didn't want the place to be full of people. Nobody's wife was going to go, not even Kate, he told me, so Meg shouldn't either.""

Harry opens up about how he learned of Diana's car crash - and says King barred Meghan from Balmoral after Queen's death | UK News | Sky News

Honestly, this is dreadful. I can't imagine nagging my father, whose mother is about to die, about inviting my contentious wife to her deathbed, especially when only a few people are going. Even most of the grandchildren didn't go! I also notice that Harry says that Charles' reasons "didn't make any sense" and were "disrespectful", but doesn't go into detail. What exactly did Charles say?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, viii said:

Thank you. Still don‘t believe this dialogue. Reads like a cheap movie script.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 5

Well well well. While I absolutely believe his claims about the shoving and screaming fit and that W&K as well most of the other people attending didn’t think he was making a massive mistake with the uniform there are still so many holes. But this all gets covered up by the story of our young stallion loosing his virginity (WTF IS HE THINKING????can you imagine listening to him reading this to you in the audiobook?) and the fact that he basically outed M with being pretty rude* to a freshly postpartum mother that she wasn’t very close to and getting upset when it wasn’t received well. So basically she made K cry/upset after all. What a shitshow. Whatever shocking claims he has it seems there is enough fodder for eternal ridicule. I hope the 20mil were worth it. Someone called it “more The Windsors then The Windsors” and I have to agree.

*I find insinuating someone isn’t acting rational because of hormones pretty rude. It might be true but when has mentioning this ever helped in dealing with someone that is in the postpartum hormone rollercoaster?

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

But this all gets covered up by the story of our young stallion loosing his virginity (WTF IS HE THINKING????can you imagine listening to him reading this to you in the audiobook?) 

I so had to google that. Oh my.

About the seemingly never ending who-made-whom-cry-story: I still believe that was just a case of a nervous bride and a postpartum mother - both feeling the pressure of a big televised event - in the same room and I wouldn‘t be surprised if either one of them said something inconsiderate or felt overly sensitive that day. I just don‘t see the need to keep bringing it up again and again.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

The private citizen who wants privacy has told the world about ‘mounting’ a woman when he lost his virginity, as well as his circumcision. So private. Definitely doesn’t want to be part of the public eye. 

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 16

I hope the money was worth it.  It may be little comfort when his entire family treats him as if he has both lost his mind and betrayed them.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Eeeek. This is just sad. Whoever said or did whatever...absolutely nothing can be gained by putting all this out there. 

The press is making them look worse. And his family and possibly all of England are going to hate him.

I'm 100% sure that nobody thought anything about the nazi outfit until it hit the press. Rich people like that live in a different world.

And man if William put his finger in my face he'd be lucky I didn't bite it off. Even if Harry has added details. Sounds like dear old Wills is a bit of an ass. 

I assumed "harold" was a sort of insulting way of saying his name. Like how kids will mock you by calling you your 1st name when you go by your middle name or whatever. 

I dont see how Meghan coming to the queens death bed would have all that many people that it crowded the enormous mansion/castle. I'm sure there's a bedroom they could have put her in.  Ive been around deathbed and there's always extra people who come-spouses, children, friend who drove you ...whatever. I mean they knew Harry was very attached/clingy to Meghan. Why agitate him?

They all sound so idiotic. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I think the thing was no one or almost no one took their spouse and wasn't William the only other grandchild invited?  For whatever reason, they were keeping the numbers down.  For all we know it was the queen's wish.  My daughter thought it was tacky to say no to Meghan while I thought it was tacky and pushy to try to take her when no one else was bringing a "clinger on."  I think the difference with my daughter and me is that I've had to be the doorkeeper at deaths and funerals and there's always that one person who thinks they are so special that the game plan, dying person's, deceased's wishes don't apply to them.  

I'll add another bias from my point of view.  Don't argue with the parent whose parent is dying or just died.  My mother died recently and one of my kids almost chose to do that with me and heard the quiver in my voice and realized what they were doing, apologized, and backed off.  It isn't the time to be selfish or self-centered.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 27
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Eeeek. This is just sad. Whoever said or did whatever...absolutely nothing can be gained by putting all this out there. 

Agreed. This was juicy at first but now I just find it really sad. 

20 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'll add another bias from my point of view.  Don't argue with the parent whose parent is dying or just died.  My mother died recently and one of my kids almost chose to do that with me and heard the quiver in my voice and realized what they were doing, apologized, and backed off.  It isn't the time to be selfish or self-centered.

This. My grandma died in June and while it was horrific for me, it was my mother that lost her mother. Her grief/wishes were priority. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 7

42 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I've been around deathbed and there's always extra people who come-spouses, children, friend who drove you ...whatever. I mean they knew Harry was very attached/clingy to Meghan. Why agitate him?

This is probably some of my own bias coming through, but I get tired of having to cater to clingy/codependent couples and think they can learn to suck it up. Especially since as a single person I somehow manage to navigate these situations all on my own. 

And especially when someone is dying. It's not about them.

• Upvote 23

My dad's name was Hal; when his best friend was about to insult him, he became "Harold".  The friend became "Clifford"; his middle name was Carroll so that's where the "C" came from.   That memory popped back up when William supposedly called Harry "Harold".

I am mystified at all that Harry is spilling in this book.  He is burning about every bridge in the known world.

Edited by SoSoNosy
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Also for someone so worried about his security why would he tell in the book how many Taliban he killed and compare them to chess pieces?!  I don’t know of many members of the military that brag about many kills they have. That is very “uncool” in military circles. 

He seems to have now put a bigger target on himself. Was it intentional to force the Royal Family’s hand? “Now you have to provide me security. Look bad people really want to kill me now.”

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

As a private citizen who values privacy myself, I am fascinated to learn how the details of losing one’s virginity and how many people one killed in a war and how one came to fisticuffs with a sibling is all, apparently, details that do not fall under “choosing privacy.”

What’s frustrating is that these two could actually use their enormous privilege and platform for good, but instead they use it to wallow in their own self pity and spill salacious details of their oh so private life that really have no purpose but selling books and podcasts and overwrought documentaries.  You want to talk about generational racism or difficulties faced in cross cultural relationships?Go for it; I want to hear it, I want to hear your story and your solutions.  But I am not sure how the details of losing your virginity is useful to anyone. Other than your bank account.

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, sableduck said:

As a private citizen who values privacy myself, I am fascinated to learn how the details of losing one’s virginity and how many people one killed in a war and how one came to fisticuffs with a sibling is all, apparently, details that do not fall under “choosing privacy.”

What’s frustrating is that these two could actually use their enormous privilege and platform for good, but instead they use it to wallow in their own self pity and spill salacious details of their oh so private life that really have no purpose but selling books and podcasts and overwrought documentaries.

I love how Harry isn't giving in to the pressure to silence him. No matter how many times he is called a "whiner" or "complainer," he keeps talking. Good for him. He is using his platform to help others in similar situations, people who can't get boosk published.

I've never found that keeping family secrets is a good thing.

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I hope the money was worth it.  It may be little comfort when his entire family treats him as if he has both lost his mind and betrayed them.

You want a family who is silent when your new baby is compared to a chimp?

I'd abandon a family like that for free. The 100 million dollars he got is a bonus.

I love how there's no condemnation of Wills. He must be a deity to royalists here. To me, he seems like a bully. 

"Meg's been rude to the staff" he whined,  Apparently that's worse than his uncle raping teenagers.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, viii said:

I don’t think any of them (William, Kate, and Harry) batted an eye at the idea of the costume because in their world, such things would have been considered funny. While Harry was an adult who should accept responsibility for his own actions, he wasn’t alone in that situation and it would be frustrating to be the one to hung out to dry while William and Kate “got away” scot free. While maybe that would normally be a nuisance, I'm sure it was just one of the many times Harry was sold out to cover William and that would get very old, very quickly, for anybody. 

This book is such a mess. 

Actually it sounds like a great book. Keeping family secrets generally helps no one. This reminds me of abused kids who speak out and then get rejected by their dysfunctional families, because they rocked the boat. Harry rocked this boat, and the outrage is the dysfunctional families moans and wails. 

• Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic