IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 13: Doing the Dance of Deniability

Coconut Flan

I see you alls point about meghan/deathbed. But I still don't think it mattered and why bother banning her or not. It created a tense situation when I'm sure there were layers of staff who could have dealt with Meghan once she was there.

---

From the excerpts I've read....it just seems so "trashy."  I dont care whether you are are not circumcised. That's personal dude! I could see a losing virginity story...I guess...if it was "oh what silly nonsense I did back then." I mean you gotta put something in a book by a guy who mostly has done nothing. But so far it just sounds like a sad drunk story.

These stories about his brother and kate add some interesting dynamic to things he said previously when he was still "in." Whether any of it is exactly true-it seems like there's a lot of animosity there. I had always had the impression they were pretty close. But maybe that's what they wanted us to believe.

I'm very impressed now that they did that walkabout together before the funeral. 

I've gotta wonder about the mindset of someone who is willing to do completely and publicly throw his family under the bus. And like even now after his grandmothers death he is promoting this book quite a bit.

I can't decide if he must feel *that* betrayed that he doesn't care any more about those relationships or if his mental state is deranged enough that he thinks this will cause them to "miss" him.

Either way it's very sad to see.

I actually just watched the Netflix documentary and didn't find it as off-putting as other people did. They seemed to be happy in CA. And I felt like I understood better their viewpoint on the "stepping back" thing.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I'm really flabbergasted by what Harry has chosen to write. He's clearly a very damaged person and I doubt this is going to help him. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he later regrets this and all the other interviews they have done. He's letting his anger get the better of him and he seems so desperate now.

If he was angry at his family and the institution, I think the best thing he could have done was to go live in California with Megan and his kids  find meaningful causes to support, and live his best life. If the Windsors are as awful as he insists they are, then surely it would eat away at them that he is off in California, free as a bird and happy with his life. I think this is a case of the best vengeance is a life well lived. This memoir is just so sad. Based on the fact that Harry and Megan have been caught in so many lies before, I highly doubt this is all true. But even if it was all true, I think Harry comes off as desperate for attention. It's very sad. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I've gotta wonder about the mindset of someone who is willing to do completely and publicly throw his family under the bus.

Abusers always want to keep things quiet. It's great Harry broke the silence. 

Why do YOU want him to keep things quiet?

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Baxter said:

If the Windsors are as awful as he insists they are, then surely it would eat away at them that he is off in California, free as a bird and happy with his life.

That's exactly what's happening! Now he's got the money to live as he likes, thanks to the book.

I'm so glad when bullies like William are exposed. Can't imagine why people would protect a bully.

• Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 1

On 1/4/2023 at 5:24 PM, Manda said:

Now we have this one that Harry is killing his reputation and samples of the new book sound like it's more lies, exaggerations, and misrepresentations.  Harry has been taking lessons.  

https://www.newsweek.com/prince-harry-interviews-made-millions-cost-reputation-memoir-spare-1770891

His reputation as a grifting member of the royal family? I think THAT reputation is better off dead. 

The awards and recogntiion he's gotten in the last year shows that he's built a new, better reputation. He and Meghan have gotten plenty of position attention. Even better, they spend their own money, not money stolen from working people.

• Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Even the Guardian recognizes that William is a bully and has come over to Team Harry.

For William doesn’t come out of all this looking good, and since childhood Harry’s function in brutal dynastic terms has been to absorb criticism that might otherwise fall on his older brother. 

Meghan was heavily pregnant with a high risk pregnancy while William was attacking her husband and calling her names, in her own home. What a bully to do that to a pregnant woman. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 1

I also don‘t see how this book is helping his kids having the „normal“ life he claims to want for them. All of their high school classmates will be able to read about their dad‘s „stallion“ days.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

10 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I also don‘t see how this book is helping his kids having the „normal“ life he claims to want for them. All of their high school classmates will be able to read about their dad‘s „stallion“ days.

Are you really worried about his kids? How kind. First time I've seen you mention it.

His kids would have had a really abnormal life in England, with the racist media.  His kids will be able to see their dad break the  silence over abuse and identify bullies. 

Family abuse should not be kept in the dark, it take courage to speak out. Good job, Harry!

• Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This writer blames the BRF's lack of foresight. They could have avoided all of this, with less arrogance.

KC3 (and Elizabeth) "should" have seen this coming.

They KNEW Harry. They should have figured out that Meghan was not a "shrinking violet royal wannabe", but a strong-minded woman who would not be silenced nor intimidated.

They should have protected her from their own press offices.

They should have extended themselves to make peace in the family. They should have let H&M leave England and be ambassadors without portfolio/royal philanthropists to the commonwealth.

They SHOULD have done many things.... that THEY DIDN'T.

They SHOULD have foreseen that Harry, as popular royal celebrity would be forced to make his necessarily expensive living by joining the media....

They should have known that KC3s notoriously adulterous affair with Camilla would be a renewed and sought after story... BUT THEY DIDN'T. They turned an arrogant and foolish blind eye to all the potentials, counting on being "royal" to insulate them from "bad press".

• Downvote 1

This make sense too.

Please -- William seems a tad like a pissy little boy -- waiting like his daddy to take the crown -- [rumors about his cheating on his wife -- already in their young marriage....do you see any patterns.....just like his daddy..]...this is a dysfunctional family -- see how the King is paying for his brother's security -- Andrew who hung out with the likes of Epstein..... come on all of you -- look at the family as a whole.... stop acting like Harry is the only one at fault -- it is far more complex than the gossip rags are putting other there....hopefully they all find peace in the future.....

• Fuck You 1

I mean, the book could have looked at how the spare position does affect your private relationships and mental health, how he still grieves for his mother, how the royal environment isn’t the world he wants to live in with his family and also about the opportunities he had and is now building again? How he travelled the world, desperate to leave a mark, how the example of his mother inspires him. How he is planning to continue. 
Instead we get drama drama drama.

I hope if there are more interviews to promote they are already recorded. Because who wouldn’t ask after the stallion story? I wonder how he reacted when he realised that all his dramatic revelations are drowned by the three 🍆🍆🍆 and how he keeps his mothers hair on his bedside table. The premature Spanish book release really hurt his promo run up. And H doesn’t strike me as the guy that takes being ridiculed well….. 

Poor M. Those royal men are clearly a piece of work and their wives must be saints or very mentally and emotionally strong and rational people to be content. Whatever bigger plans she had for the first half of this year, she should think about cancelling. Cling together, swing together it is. This will haunt them at least for 6 months. Whatever aspirations she has, and I think that’s more than just lazying around rolling on cash, H is a real problem. 

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I mean, the book could have looked at how the spare position does affect your private relationships and mental health, how he still grieves for his mother, how the royal environment isn’t the world he wants to live in with his family and also about the opportunities he had and is now building again? How he travelled the world, desperate to leave a mark, how the example of his mother inspires him. How he is planning to continue. 
Instead we get drama drama drama.

🍆🍆🍆

I guess he is writing his book his way, and not your way. We all can write our stories the way we want to.

The British media has been telling Harry's story for years. He's told his story a handful of times, and it's already too much?? It's nice his isn't being bullied into silence.

Thankfully, this book will change history. When historians write about this period, they will have other sources besides the British media. They will have this reference from someone who is tenth (?) in line to the British throne.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

You want a family who is silent when your new baby is compared to a chimp?

I'd abandon a family like that for free. T

Mr. Four has maintained since I met him that all newborns look like monkeys. It's a commonly held idea, apparently. Of course, I told him when we were waiting to adopt One that if I heard any such nonsense coming out of his mouth about our child, I'd pop him in the nose. 

So while I imagine that someone was calling Harry's children "chimps", and I know it's rude, I also think that Harry himself could have banned the person from his presence, or done something to signify his displeasure, rather than whining about it in a book.

And no. I have never said anything about my husband and the monkey idea until this moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If Meghan had gone to Balmoral to be with Harry it would have been her first trip to Balmoral.  They refused all official invitations to Balmoral from the Queen before her death and now when the Queen is dying they want to go...

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, viii said:

If you’re such a fan of Harry, you should know he is fifth in line to the throne. 

To be fair, he will go further down the line eventually. 

• Upvote 1

Clearly I am not the most organized person on the planet because when I learned that Harry keeps his mother’s hair on his bedside table, my first thought was: how does he know it’s hers?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

So while I imagine that someone was calling Harry's children "chimps", and I know it's rude

No. It’s not rude. It’s racist. 

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1

3 hours ago, viii said:

If you’re such a fan of Harry, you should know he is fifth in line to the throne. 

You are a better fan than I am, then!

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, TN-peach said:

If Meghan had gone to Balmoral to be with Harry it would have been her first trip to Balmoral.  They refused all official invitations to Balmoral from the Queen before her death and now when the Queen is dying they want to go...

Yes, because the queen was dying. Before that, it was just another castle

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Mr. Four has maintained since I met him that all newborns look like monkeys. It's a commonly held idea, apparently. Of course, I told him when we were waiting to adopt One that if I heard any such nonsense coming out of his mouth about our child, I'd pop him in the nose. 

Your an apologist. Here's the picture of baby "Archie"that was in the media. This is what they were saying about that biracial little boy. This is what you are normalizing..

download-7.jpg.4c72eecc29465433c5a3cfdf9a6e8719.jpg

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Truly Happy people don’t do what Harry is doing. 

I imagine he's quite unhappy about what the media and the palace have done to his family.  What a terrible way of starting married life. 

It's kind of you to have such empathy for him. I think he is on his way to truly happy, even if he isn't there yet. Getting past this book release will help.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Thankfully, this book will change history. When historians write about this period, they will have other sources besides the British media. They will have this reference from someone who is tenth (?) in line to the British throne.

No, it will not change history. It may change the way that history is written, but history is history, immutable and unchangeable. It happened, you can't change the past. People who say something will 'change history' do not understand how history works.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic