IGNORED

Maxwell 56: Mary Found Freedom to Get Engaged

Coconut Flan

26 minutes ago, Johannah said:

And she’s showing her knees! And his hand is almost on her butt!

Frankly, they seem about to kiss! 😍

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

They both look so radiant in those pictures. How refreshing when so many of these couples appear to barely know each other.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 9

I enjoyed the RSVP search function for a few minutes and am upset that Cathy Jo Demcak doesn’t seem to be on the invite list. She’s left an impression on my heart. 

• Upvote 1

Oh Shoot I will be busy and cannot attend their wedding.  BUT If I forget how many days till my kids graduate I can use their counter!  lol

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Johannah said:

And she’s showing her knees! And his hand is almost on her butt!

Forget that.  For the last photo his hand is precariously close to her crotch.  I would love to see Steve's face when he saw that picture.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 4

Just in case the knot goes private (can that happen?) Here are the 4 photos posted.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230106-164606_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f15e94de4db02b0f6d2d4eca5d820a44.jpg

Screenshot_20230106-164628_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16ec0da1a24a8f49d8ac8c7071dcef0a.jpg

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 15

I like that in most of the pictures either they're both looking at the camera or looking at each other. I dislike the fundie traditional of the man looking at the camera and the woman looking adoringly at him. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

They can deny it all they want, but those two shared spit.  You can practically hear Marvin Gaye singing "Let's Get It On" in the background.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 31

Sam is tall!

Mary looks radiant, suffused with joy.  The same look we now see on Sarah's face and on Anna's.

Could it be that getting away from Stevehovah and the rules/ regulations/ restrictions and un-fun of Maxhell (all imposed and enforced by Stevehovah) allowed the daughters to blossom, grow i and become the women that they always could and should have been?

No. Nah.. Never. That can't be it.

Stevehovah is never wrong. His way, the narrow restricted way. is the right way. The only way,  It must be that his daughters have turned away from God. That's the only explanation for all the joy (and fun) we see, /s/

Suck it Stevie.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I like that in most of the pictures either they're both looking at the camera or looking at each other. I dislike the fundie traditional of the man looking at the camera and the woman looking adoringly at him. 

Or a no touch engagement picture where they awkwardly stand with a tree between them. That’s the absolute worst in my opinion. Look for “no touch engagement pictures” on Pinterest. It will NOT disappoint 😂

E15145A8-30CE-4B17-979E-9186985F36DB.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 11
  • Thank You 8

Rips apart the absolute bullshit behind the Teri and Stevehovah "stay home and passively wait for God to provide a Godly man" approach.  

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Rips apart the absolute bullshit behind the Teri and Stevehovah "stay home and passively wait for God to provide a Godly man" approach.  

Although I’m pretty sure both Sarah and Mary will say that God provided their husbands and it’s going to be pretty hard for Steve to argue with them!

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or a no touch engagement picture where they awkwardly stand with a tree between them. That’s the absolute worst in my opinion. Look for “no touch engagement pictures” on Pinterest. It will NOT disappoint 😂

E15145A8-30CE-4B17-979E-9186985F36DB.jpeg

While being a cat lady is eternal, if I ever do actually get married, now I want to take these pics just so people can point out the awkwardness. In a normal couple, there's something really goofy about them that I like.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

While being a cat lady is eternal, if I ever do actually get married, now I want to take these pics just so people can point out the awkwardness. In a normal couple, there's something really goofy about them that I like.

My husband and I didn’t even have engagement pics done. I just didn’t bother. I figured wedding pics would be enough. But I do want to take my family to sears  and get a picture where my husband is a floating head and the rest of us are not floating heads. They were popular in the 80s and I think they are hilariously awkward. 

F9455D09-FB42-4622-93DE-C697C2BC9F68.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 41
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Formerlyjeansonly17 said:

Boy, there are a lot of colorful and fun looking items on their registry!  

I like how colorful it is. So much better than the Beige Bateses. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

On 1/6/2023 at 8:12 AM, Hane said:

*snort* It says “S & M.” (Sorry—I’m 12.)

No worries, I was thinking the same thing.  Perverts unite!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

On 1/6/2023 at 7:56 PM, fundiewatch said:

I enjoyed the RSVP search function for a few minutes and am upset that Cathy Jo Demcak doesn’t seem to be on the invite list. She’s left an impression on my heart. 

This made me scream! I can't believe those lists give away so much information that you'd expect to be private! 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Formerlyjeansonly17 said:

Boy, there are a lot of colorful and fun looking items on their registry!  

It's a fun list and with lots of affordable things on it.  A lot of the lists I've seen seem extremely entitled to me. They may well have rich relatives who want to buy big things and most of the fundies seem to want big families, so it's probably perfectly normal in their worlds, but it's nice to see a list of lovely but modestly priced things that friends could club together and buy, or pay for on their own, and still be giving a lovely thing that they can be remembered for.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, ClareDeLune said:

It's a fun list and with lots of affordable things on it.  A lot of the lists I've seen seem extremely entitled to me. They may well have rich relatives who want to buy big things and most of the fundies seem to want big families, so it's probably perfectly normal in their worlds, but it's nice to see a list of lovely but modestly priced things that friends could club together and buy, or pay for on their own, and still be giving a lovely thing that they can be remembered for.

I do like a varied list. So people with very different incomes can afford something off the list. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, ClareDeLune said:

I can't believe those lists give away so much information that you'd expect to be private! 🤣

Same here. Tested out a few names and whoa! 👀 The registry has a lot of nice, reasonably priced items although if I were them, Iʻd drop the Cuisinart coffee maker & ask for a Ninja Dual Brew instead.

[Got the Cuisinart coffee maker and the carafe broke within several months -- itʻs very fragile glass AND impossibly expensive to replace. Got the Ninja after trying two Keurig single-brews, both of which bit the dust well before their time. So far so good with the Ninja.]

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I think a plant nursery is a bit of an odd place to take engagement photos, but I suppose your options are limited in winter if you don't want snow in your pictures.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic