IGNORED

Maxwell 56: Mary Found Freedom to Get Engaged

Coconut Flan

10 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I think a plant nursery is a bit of an odd place to take engagement photos, but I suppose your options are limited in winter if you don't want snow in your pictures.

I wonder if it’s a mutual hobby for them both. They both might enjoy gardening and houseplants. 

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I think a plant nursery is a bit of an odd place to take engagement photos, but I suppose your options are limited in winter if you don't want snow in your pictures.

It looks like Lowes' or the Home Depot, etc. It doesn't seem that bad to me. I don't if there's snow. Here the landscape is brown. A nursery is great way to have greenery in your pictures.

• Upvote 5

On 1/6/2023 at 1:56 PM, fundiewatch said:

I enjoyed the RSVP search function for a few minutes and am upset that Cathy Jo Demcak doesn’t seem to be on the invite list. She’s left an impression on my heart. 

Maybe she got married?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Maybe she got married?

Or she’s RSVPed already so her name doesn’t come up anymore. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It looks like Lowes' or the Home Depot, etc. It doesn't seem that bad to me. I don't if there's snow. Here the landscape is brown. A nursery is great way to have greenery in your pictures.

There was a sign that said Caffeine and Chlorophyll -- I figured that was the name of the place, a combo coffee house/nursery?  

Or does a chain like Lowe's or HD have coffee barns like that inside their stores?  I haven't noticed any but I rarely am in a big box store.

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, anachronistic said:

@CaptainFunderpants I think a picture with you on one side of a tree and your cat on the other would be great.

You could hire whichever of the Maxwells was involved with Sarah's book project to 'tree' your cat.  And use the photo of the cat looking horrified up the tree to tell your own version of the fundie engagement story, that you and the cat weren't even all that into each other BUT GOD HAD OTHER PLANS.

8 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

There was a sign that said Caffeine and Chlorophyll -- I figured that was the name of the place, a combo coffee house/nursery?  

Or does a chain like Lowe's or HD have coffee barns like that inside their stores?  I haven't noticed any but I rarely am in a big box store.

I looked up that name and it is in some sort of nursery place in Kansas City, so maybe it is where they go to escape the parents when he visits her at home in the vacations.  Or just a convenient place close to the brother's home where they can have some fun together.

If they are going to be missionaries they probably won't be collecting a tonne of stuff for the house so plants and nice cushions and throws might be their thing to window-shop for until they know where they are going to live.

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

@ClareDeLune, I will never, *ever* get over their actually staging that scene of a treed cat and taking a picture of it so their illustrator would know what to draw! It showed not only that they have no imagination, but the assumption that nobody else does, either. Anyone else would have said, “Just draw a picture of a golden retriever barking up at a cat in a tree.” But no.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, Hane said:

@ClareDeLune, I will never, *ever* get over their actually staging that scene of a treed cat and taking a picture of it so their illustrator would know what to draw! It showed not only that they have no imagination, but the assumption that nobody else does, either. Anyone else would have said, “Just draw a picture of a golden retriever barking up at a cat in a tree.” But no.

Every time someone tells a fun story I have gone to look it up, and I have learned that there is rarely any exaggeration or hyperbole here that could beat the bonkers things the Maxwells have done for real in their family.

When someone explained on here why you might want to get permission to smash eggs in a supermarket for the other illustration that was mentioned, it all made sense to me, and I think we do enjoy laughing at stories that have grown larger with the telling, sometimes.  But the treed cat is amazing.  I didn't even know that the verb 'to tree' something even existed, it sounds like something made up for a joke 🤣

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband and I didn’t even have engagement pics done. I just didn’t bother. I figured wedding pics would be enough. But I do want to take my family to sears  and get a picture where my husband is a floating head and the rest of us are not floating heads. They were popular in the 80s and I think they are hilariously awkward. 

F9455D09-FB42-4622-93DE-C697C2BC9F68.jpeg

The mom's hair is magnificent, she should have had the floating head honour for managing to extend her hair so far out from her scalp 🤣

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

On 1/7/2023 at 1:31 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or a no touch engagement picture where they awkwardly stand with a tree between them. That’s the absolute worst in my opinion. Look for “no touch engagement pictures” on Pinterest. It will NOT disappoint 😂

This is amazing from In His Image Photography on pinterest. It looks like a giant is trying to grab her bottom! 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.adcae281afc1ec4656f3c2e7f9971c2b.png

And this one looks like a mansplaining meme 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18

46 minutes ago, BigSandy said:

46 minutes ago, BigSandy said:

Oh man, they're DANCING in that second pic! Amazing!

Oh em gee. I wonder what brother Christopher, photographer of No Dancing Allowed Weddings Inc. would think of this debauchery.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 21

On 1/6/2023 at 2:56 PM, fundiewatch said:

I enjoyed the RSVP search function for a few minutes and am upset that Cathy Jo Demcak doesn’t seem to be on the invite list. She’s left an impression on my heart. 

I think they're still adding people. As for Cathy Jo, she's on the list. So are Marlin and Becky.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband and I didn’t even have engagement pics done. I just didn’t bother. I figured wedding pics would be enough. But I do want to take my family to sears  and get a picture where my husband is a floating head and the rest of us are not floating heads. They were popular in the 80s and I think they are hilariously awkward. 

F9455D09-FB42-4622-93DE-C697C2BC9F68.jpeg

This looks like an ad for a serial killer documentary 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 3

On 1/6/2023 at 6:20 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

We guessed it would be May or June due to the rule ABC has about not going back to school for 2 months. This way Mary can finish her senior year. I’m guessing they will live in the married student housing. 

From the registry (bolding mine): "We are planning on living in the States for 3 years before we move to a foreign mission field. We will not be able to bring extra goods with us. Since we already have some core household necessities, our registry is small. We only want your presence; however, if you still desire to give a gift, we would appreciate money."

As for that engagement photo, no side-hugs for those two! I bet their lips have touched as well.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

16 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Large garden centers (our local chain is Molbak's) often have coffee shops inside. People come in for coffee and leave with a bunch of plants. People come in for plants, smell the coffee, sit and sip for a while, get buzzed, buy more plants.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

From the registry (bolding mine): "We are planning on living in the States for 3 years before we move to a foreign mission field. We will not be able to bring extra goods with us. Since we already have some core household necessities, our registry is small. We only want your presence; however, if you still desire to give a gift, we would appreciate money."

As for that engagement photo, no side-hugs for those two! I bet their lips have touched as well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mary made lots of godly friends in college who don’t believe in waiting until the wedding day to kiss. And realized you can still be godly and kiss while dating. 

• Upvote 16

14 hours ago, Hane said:

Oh em gee. I wonder what brother Christopher, photographer of No Dancing Allowed Weddings Inc. would think of this debauchery.

Guess he won't be doing the photography for this one.

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Mary finishes school and they have a child or two to get the hang of things, then head into the mission field. Makes sense.

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Steve's stepmother Cecile Bargar is on the list.

She's going to have the Maxwell wedding of the century.  I hope Steve gets cornered by all the relatives he has bitched about on the blog over the years.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic