IGNORED

M is for Mama 15

Coconut Flan

I hate that I know this but a mom who is opposite of crunchy is silky. I’m definitely silky and I don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks about that. I imagine crispy is between silky and crunchy. I’ve also heard of scrunchie as someone in between silky and crunchy. Yes, I think all of these terms are stupid and people should just parent with what works best for them and their family. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, SamanthasMom said:

If fundies didn’t have Instagram for revenue I think some of these beliefs and practices would have already started to break down. They seem to need two incomes like many other families, and they would have needed to work more outside the house which would impact homeschooling, etc.

And limit the number of kids. After a certain number of kids requiring day care or school transportation, unless one has a very high paying career and free help, working is no longer feasible. In my 35 year nursing career I never worked with anyone who had more than 5 kids. And nursing is pretty flexible because it’s a 24/7/365 industry, so there’s always off hours (which pay a lot more) to choose from.

• Upvote 9

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate that I know this but a mom who is opposite of crunchy is silky. I’m definitely silky and I don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks about that. I imagine crispy is between silky and crunchy. I’ve also heard of scrunchie as someone in between silky and crunchy. Yes, I think all of these terms are stupid and people should just parent with what works best for them and their family. 

Damnnnn we need a jaw-drop emoji. Silky and scrunchie. My brain. 🤯 There seems to be so much more pressure on this current generation of parents. I hope my grown daughters are confident in their parenting should they ever have have kids. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

32 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Damnnnn we need a jaw-drop emoji. Silky and scrunchie. My brain. 🤯 There seems to be so much more pressure on this current generation of parents. I hope my grown daughters are confident in their parenting should they ever have have kids. 

The internet has really made being a mom a competition. I try to ignore it for the most part. It’s at its very worst when you are pregnant and have a baby 2 and under. When your kids get older, there’s still mommy competitions but they aren’t as bad. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Christ on a cracker, her "crispy" IG post was insufferable.  She can't just live her fucking life the way she sees fit and shut up.  Nope, she has to let you know how utterly unique and special she is because she does this, not that, and this, not that.  And then slap it on a t-shirt and sell it, because that somehow "glorifies the Lord". Whackadoodle.

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Christ on a cracker, her "crispy" IG post was insufferable.  She can't just live her fucking life the way she sees fit and shut up.  Nope, she has to let you know how utterly unique and special she is because she does this, not that, and this, not that.  And then slap it on a t-shirt and sell it, because that somehow "glorifies the Lord". Whackadoodle.

$$$$- she worships $ before all else 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Abbie can design all the sweet little flower t-shirts in the world, she can promote her book, and sell people on her white evangelical anthro world but at the end of the day she's still an ugly, hateful, bigoted bitch. There's more of the slides but two is all I bothered to pull. Two is more than enough hate for me. 

Spoiler

797776010_Screenshot_20221209-1254182.png.03f46ecaf58cf526fee536d2652e87ba.png238366404_Screenshot_20221209-1254312.png.dce665c84f724c1d8392ae10e14ad68b.png908968241_Screenshot_20221209-1254492.png.ca8c98b14066ce13dd94b119d542a0da.png

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • Eyeroll 13

58 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie can design all the sweet little flower t-shirts in the world, she can promote her book, and sell people on her white evangelical anthro world but at the end of the day she's still an ugly, hateful, bigoted bitch. There's more of the slides but two is all I bothered to pull. Two is more than enough hate for me. 

Hide contents

797776010_Screenshot_20221209-1254182.png.03f46ecaf58cf526fee536d2652e87ba.png238366404_Screenshot_20221209-1254312.png.dce665c84f724c1d8392ae10e14ad68b.png908968241_Screenshot_20221209-1254492.png.ca8c98b14066ce13dd94b119d542a0da.png

I noticed she mentioned Target, Walmart and Amazon but not her beloved Anthropologie: 

https://www.anthropologie.com/stories-community-anthropologie-pride-2019

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1

"Investing faithfully in the children the Lord has entrusted to our care".

Please Abbie, tell us about your "investment". You scapegoat Shiloh, your daughters cook while holding younger children, your older sons parent the younger sons. What investment exactly are you making here besides the long term one of your children likely setting boundaries and not contacting you?

The amount of hate and sanctimoniousness in that post is disgusting. To quote another verse back at Abbie: John 13:34-35

34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

No idea who Abbie is following but it's not Jesus of Nazareth.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 2

On 12/6/2022 at 11:55 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yet again, a toddler in Braggie’s house is left unsupervised to make a big mess. Yet again, some sort of baby proofing would have solved her problem before it ever happened. When my kids were that young, I never left those sprays and cleaners for children to grab. I put a baby lock on the cabinet so they couldn’t get them. But Braggie doesn’t seem to baby proof. Either because she thinks it looks ugly or because she needs her older children to have access so they can run the house. Either way she brought this on herself yet again. 

Definitely because she thinks it looks ugly. I live with 5 children - my 3 range in ages from 6 to 11, and my niblings are both under 3 but mobile. The downstairs section of the house is full of baby gates and child locks on cupboards, and my trio are fine opening them and doing whatever they need. The type of child locks on the chemical cupboards are a bit trickier, the 6yo probably couldn’t get in to them (good! I don’t want her to!) but the 11yo could. Braggie just doesn’t want her house to look like small children live in it, she has to TELL everybody ten children live in it instead.

On 12/7/2022 at 1:11 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The labels are annoying even when they seem like they might be helpful, because they shove people in boxes. My experience was “oh, I cloth diaper and didn’t circumcise and am into gentle approaches to discipline, it’d be good to get advice on healthy snacks or laundry or whatever from other ‘crunchy’ folks… oh. Oh they’re antivaxxers who co-sleep. I guess I’m not crunchy.”

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Smee said:

Definitely because she thinks it looks ugly. I live with 5 children - my 3 range in ages from 6 to 11, and my niblings are both under 3 but mobile. The downstairs section of the house is full of baby gates and child locks on cupboards, and my trio are fine opening them and doing whatever they need. The type of child locks on the chemical cupboards are a bit trickier, the 6yo probably couldn’t get in to them (good! I don’t want her to!) but the 11yo could. Braggie just doesn’t want her house to look like small children live in it, she has to TELL everybody ten children live in it instead.

The labels are annoying even when they seem like they might be helpful, because they shove people in boxes. My experience was “oh, I cloth diaper and didn’t circumcise and am into gentle approaches to discipline, it’d be good to get advice on healthy snacks or laundry or whatever from other ‘crunchy’ folks… oh. Oh they’re antivaxxers who co-sleep. I guess I’m not crunchy.”

I agree the labels just aren’t helpful. I did some things that are considered crunchy. But I do more things that are considered mainstream so I do say I’m silky. Most people don’t fit into the categories anyway. So what’s the point? Most people don’t do every single crunchy thing or every single silky thing. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie finally remembered that she has a son named Honor. This kid knows what's up. Compliment your narc mama and get praise. 

2139963985_Screenshot_20221214-1148482.png.7e9d3f8364817ce3a9a9fc7e50b56c8f.png

Honor used to be the Shiloh. Remember when she complained about him all the time? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Abbie doesn't *need* a smart phone. Abbie doesn't *need* social media. Abbie doesn't *need* brand name clothes, or a custom house, or anthro home decor. Shaun doesn't *need* to be away from home so much. They could live more modestly so that the children would have their dad around more. Abbie doesn't *need* to lock herself in a hotel room and take time away from her family to write a book. 

Abbie's "cool parent" comment sounds like something a dork like her would say. Newflash: even "cool" parents can raise wonderful humans. The cognitive distortion is breathtaking. 

261520832_Screenshot_20221217-1121212.thumb.png.7d5456c6dd0b5ac91612b97f6daa9c15.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 10
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie doesn't *need* a smart phone. Abbie doesn't *need* social media. Abbie doesn't *need* brand name clothes, or a custom house, or anthro home decor. Shaun doesn't *need* to be away from home so much. They could live more modestly so that the children would have their dad around more. Abbie doesn't *need* to lock herself in a hotel room and take time away from her family to write a book. 

Abbie's "cool parent" comment sounds like something a dork like her would say. Newflash: even "cool" parents can raise wonderful humans. The cognitive distortion is breathtaking. 

261520832_Screenshot_20221217-1121212.thumb.png.7d5456c6dd0b5ac91612b97f6daa9c15.png

However her kids do need a lot of things she refuses to provide. Like adequate fucking supervision of toddlers. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

However her kids do need a lot of things she refuses to provide. Like adequate fucking supervision of toddlers. 

That's only for cool moms. Christian moms let their toddlers get into laundry chemicals without supervision because they're protected by Jesus himself. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

Braggie doesn't NEED IG and FB accounts where she parades all her children from teens to babies without their consent, so that literally millions of people have access to their names, location and countless images of them.  And yet, here we are. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie doesn't NEED IG and FB accounts where she parades all her children from teens to babies without their consent, so that literally millions of people have access to their names, location and countless images of them.  And yet, here we are. 

She also doesn’t need a closet that is the size of a bedroom in her home filled with Anthro clothing. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

She really is one of the most massively hypocritical fundies I've ever seen.  Everything she denies her kids and tells her humpers not to do, she has/does all the time. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She really is one of the most massively hypocritical fundies I've ever seen.  Everything she denies her kids and tells her humpers not to do, she has/does all the time. 

There is just a huge amount of hypocritical fundies. People like Lori, Jill Rod, and Zoo immediately come to mind. It’s almost a requirement for fundie moms who pretend they know it all on social media. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There is just a huge amount of hypocritical fundies. People like Lori, Jill Rod, and Zoo immediately come to mind. It’s almost a requirement for fundie moms who pretend they know it all on social media. 

Seriously! All three readily deny their kids age appropriate toys or a sparse amount of toys in exchange for "Mum clutter". Jill has her tatty dust collection, Zsu her kitchen gadgets and Abbie her anthro lifestyle. All of them as they had more kids reduced the kids stuff and instead invested more in things for themselves. It seems clear the stress of their choice to keep obsessively having kids, sent then off to buy things to try and bring themselves happiness, while choosing to declutter their lives by clearing out their kids things. Definitely not a sign of a healthy mental state. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

Seriously! All three readily deny their kids age appropriate toys or a sparse amount of toys in exchange for "Mum clutter". Jill has her tatty dust collection, Zsu her kitchen gadgets and Abbie her anthro lifestyle. All of them as they had more kids reduced the kids stuff and instead invested more in things for themselves. It seems clear the stress of their choice to keep obsessively having kids, sent then off to buy things to try and bring themselves happiness, while choosing to declutter their lives by clearing out their kids things. Definitely not a sign of a healthy mental state. 

And all three are in double digits child wise. One has 10, one has 12, and one has 13. I’m convinced that there’s no way you can have double digits children without some sort of neglect.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And all three are in double digits child wise. One has 10, one has 12, and one has 13. I’m convinced that there’s no way you can have double digits children without some sort of neglect.

I agree most of us struggle having close relationships with more then a handful of adults, let alone having to do 24 hour care for more then a handful of humans, it just does not seem possible. There literally is not enough hours in a day to take care of 10+ kids and the number is probably lower then that for most people. I think what we see is the parents cracking first, as they try to convince themselves everything is great while everything burns around them.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 12/14/2022 at 2:01 PM, SuperNova said:

Abbie finally remembered that she has a son named Honor. This kid knows what's up. Compliment your narc mama and get praise. 

2139963985_Screenshot_20221214-1148482.png.7e9d3f8364817ce3a9a9fc7e50b56c8f.png

I'll take "Things a Kid Never Said" for $500, Alex. 

He never said that, unless it was something that has been repeatedly said to him. 

The way Shiloh is looking at Honor is quite adorable, though. That's a super-cute pic. 

• Upvote 14

It's a Christmas miracle. Abbie is doing something altruistic for her son and a few random people. She of course puts her own spin on it but I'm still surprised. I would really love to see her help a same sex couple or a single p.o.c. mom but honestly, whoever she chooses, it's nice to see her think of someone other than herself for once. 

Spoiler

697234477_Screenshot_20221219-0002302.thumb.png.1846056e27ae9c10973c09fad4b6fd4f.png1134529447_Screenshot_20221219-0002362.png.d07a5ae7d5b63b9e74c67942101e0767.png

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic