IGNORED

M is for Mama 15

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Reminds me of a few weeks ago. We had an appt booked at a bridal shop, my middle daughter is getting married. We had 5 of us there, and they shut the place down so you can be the only ones looking (for a fee, of course). Mimosas, games, picky food, the whole nine yards. Since my daughter doesn't want a shower, this was my special just from me gift to her. Anyway, they were asking who we all were, and they were like "Nooooo way! You HAVE to be one of her bridesmaids!" Puh-fucking-lease. I look old enough to be great great grandmother of the bride lol. I felt like saying y'all don't have to butter me up, we're already here. But I just smiled and nodded. 🙄 She did find an amazing dress that was exactly what she wanted. But I hate that phony buttering up stuff. I'm fat, and old, and I was so sore from christmas crap, getting dressed and getting out the door was about my limit that day. So don't even tell my sorry ass I look like a bridesmaid. 🤣

Yup, I totally agree. I think people get the hint when I tend to react terribly to those types of complements. I just look confused and like “wtf” when people say that stuff. Since they don’t get a good reaction, they don’t keep it up. Thankfully. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Paddington Bear made it onto some kind of Christian bestseller list. She makes sure to say it's always a big deal but in her case it's extra super duper amazingly special because it's her first book. 

614873037_Screenshot_20230116-1812242.png.e081d821b7bcb6485875e679820dd9b6.png69033534_Screenshot_20230116-1812312.png.ba325f2b37df80326c0649de5eb5efe9.png

• Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 12
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Paddington Bear made it onto some kind of Christian bestseller list. She makes sure to say it's always a big deal but in her case it's extra super duper amazingly special because it's her first book. 

614873037_Screenshot_20230116-1812242.png.e081d821b7bcb6485875e679820dd9b6.png69033534_Screenshot_20230116-1812312.png.ba325f2b37df80326c0649de5eb5efe9.png

I have no idea if this is true, but I bet it’s not actually a big deal. I bet she’s #100 on that list of 100 and she’s way behind many of the others numbers wise. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have no idea if this is true, but I bet it’s not actually a big deal. I bet she’s #100 on that list of 100 and she’s way behind many of the others numbers wise. 

I went and checked just for you. She's number 78 on the list. 

• Haha 6
  • Thank You 5

Now I know why they built their house so big.  So that her head and her ego can fit inside.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 3

When people tell me I look young for my age I tell them it’s because of my autism - I make far fewer facial expressions than most people and not smiling or frowning leads to fewer wrinkles. This shuts them up quite fast, even though I’m only telling the truth and I don’t see what’s awkward about that. Many autistic people do look young for our age for this exact reason.

• Upvote 11

I thought it was especially funny that she went on about the godly older women and not getting injections when she just had a whole thing about how she tapes her forehead and forced herself to sleep on her back instead of her side because she thinks she's getting a crease in her forehead skin from it.

I think she's a terrible fit for podcasting. Even if you agreed with her on most things, you can't not hear her tone of voice when she declares things. She sounds smug. It's always awkward sounding IMO when a podcast is just one person with no back and forth to break up the monologue. I can't bring myself to listen to it, so maybe she's planning on doing some guests or interviews or whatever. Gosh these things are a dime a dozen.

• Upvote 8

Yet another fundie birthday post that's not actually about the child at all. I want to know what kind of conversations have happened to make an 8 year old boy feel so sad about an absorbed twin. Poor Theo has probably heard about it ad nauseum when Abbie humble brags about how he robbed her of another set of mono-di twins. Did you all know that Abbie has two sets of very rare mono-di twins? Well, it would have been three sets if Theo didn't absorb his twin. 

1681429549_Screenshot_20230117-1023342.png.7990439906c64aa9251622dfaf6d76ab.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 6

17 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Yet another fundie birthday post that's not actually about the child at all. I want to know what kind of conversations have happened to make an 8 year old boy feel so sad about an absorbed twin. Poor Theo has probably heard about it ad nauseum when Abbie humble brags about how he robbed her of another set of mono-di twins. Did you all know that Abbie has two sets of very rare mono-di twins? Well, it would have been three sets if Theo didn't absorb his twin. 

1681429549_Screenshot_20230117-1023342.png.7990439906c64aa9251622dfaf6d76ab.png

Of course she has to talk about her amazing twin producing self in a birthday post for two of her children. She has 4 children who all share a birthday (the two sets of twins) so they don’t get their own birthday posts. And now she’s combining the birthdays of 2 sons whose birthdays are over 2 weeks apart. Yet she makes post after post after post about how amazing she is. Her narcissism is suffocating to watch. It must be even worse to live with. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

6 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I thought it was especially funny that she went on about the godly older women and not getting injections when she just had a whole thing about how she tapes her forehead and forced herself to sleep on her back instead of her side because she thinks she's getting a crease in her forehead skin from it.

I'm torn between finding that utterly hilarious (she tapes her forehead?! Wouldn't pulling the tape off increase the wrinkling?), wondering how she forces herself to sleep in one position, and wondering how on earth she has time for this rubbish anyway.

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Yet another fundie birthday post that's not actually about the child at all.

She merged two kids birthdays together and barely talked about either of them, but somehow even less about Honor. Sheesh she's making JRod's generic "servant's heart" child birthday posts look good here - at least JRod manages to do each one individually, even if they all want to serve her identically.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Well she didn't talk about how much she didn't want them, so it's at least marginally better than what Evy and Nola get (or got pre Toby and Titus)

• Upvote 5

She won’t publicly admit she didn’t want Theo and his vanishing twin to be twins. Because she got what she wanted. I wonder how that will mess with Theo when he’s older and reads his mom’s post about how she never wants twins. And he lost his in the womb. 

• Upvote 9

I listened so you don't have to:  M is for Mama Podcast, episode 1

She is including a video component, so that you can watch her while she speaks in a monotone voice with no expression in her face.

She rambled on and on about her past, to get to the story of how she came up with "M is for Mama" as a blog title.  As you would expect - the LORD GOD HIMSELF took time out of his busy schedule to make Abbie pick up an "M" necklace in a store, then go sit in her car while He told her all about her new direction in life.  She admitted that when she had the three oldest kids and people asked her what she did, she would say "high school Spanish teacher" or "fitness instructor" because that would get more of a response from people than "I'm a mom".  She liked the attention.  I couldn't help but laugh because the amount of attention she seeks NOW on social media is off the fucking charts.  But she made it sound like that aspect of her personality is a thing of the past.   She prattled on with long, boring details about her first blogging efforts (no one cares).  She wanted to be an author since she was a little girl, blah blah blah.  That's the gist of it. 

Number of times she said "Um" in just under 24 minutes: 39

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 18

Adding: she stated that when the boys and Della were tiny, she would load them up with snacks and sippy cups and drag them thrifting with her for HOURS.  Her word, not mine.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 5

14 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Adding: she stated that when the boys and Della were tiny, she would load them up with snacks and sippy cups and drag them thrifting with her for HOURS.  Her word, not mine.

I bet she’s so happy she can now leave all her small children at home to be watched by their oldest siblings while she shops for hours on end. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I listened so you don't have to:  M is for Mama Podcast, episode 2 - "why do you have so many kids"  

Nothing new here to any of us - a long, rambling explanation with anecdotes about why Braggie never thought she'd have a big family but was somehow simultaneously convicted by the Lord to leave her fertility to him from the time she was a young teen.  She talked about how she was a huge tomboy and fell off the back of a 4-wheeler once, and when it ran over her leg, her only thought was "I hope the boys don't leave me behind next time over this."  She talked about being in pre-marital counselling with her first engagement when she was 19, and that when she expressed to her fiancé and the pastor that she was against BC and why, they looked at her like she had 3 heads.  She is really a rambler when she speaks, the stories go all over the place with no central thread.  Of course, she had to bring up all the twin tropes - she never wanted them, then she had two sets, oh did you know they were born on the same day, Theo had a twin but it was lost.   She ends every rambling with the classic christianese "I just want to encourage you."  As I have said in the past, it is jarring to me to watch her speak.  Her face doesn't move, there's hardly any expression, when she smiles it looks fake and never goes past the corners of her mouth. 

"Um" count in 31 minutes: 92

ETA: I'm confused as to what she thinks she is offering with this podcast.  Presumably, her leg humpers are the ones who pressured her to do it, and yet so far, she hasn't said one thing they don't already know.  Probably just another way to feed her narcissism, drum up more book sales, and get her smug face on Spotify.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

Almost 2 years ago now I pulled my kids out of Sunday school because the woman who leads it has gone all Ken Ham creationist obsessive and started using an Answers in Genesis curriculum. But I still keep her on my Facebook and say hi if I see her in the street or whatever, and the other day I noticed she had shared a post (written by someone else) of “the BEST Christian parenting books for the modern parent!!” 

There were about 10, 3 or them by the same author, and I almost choked when I saw Braggie’s rounding off the list, with a comment exchange underneath of “I’m reading this now” and “how good is it!”

So. She has some fans. They are of course the people who ALSO recommend books that encourage hitting infants and demanding instant obedience (the Pearls weren’t on the list, but top was Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Ted Tripp). There’s money to be made in evangelical sub culture. If I could sleep at night with it on my conscience, I reckon I could make a lucrative career coupling my fluent Christianese with my actual writing credentials.

• Upvote 13
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

I actually understand Braggie saying she was against bc (even though she’s not because she uses condoms), but thinking she wouldn’t have a huge family. I think teens and early 20s fundies are extremely immature and unable to understand the future. They live in the here and now. They can’t predict the future because they are so young and I bet that part of their brain is still under developed. I could easily see her saying birth control is bad but assuming she will only have 3 or 4 kids. She’s showing the world how immature and childish her thinking was. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I actually understand Braggie saying she was against bc (even though she’s not because she uses condoms), but thinking she wouldn’t have a huge family. I think teens and early 20s fundies are extremely immature and unable to understand the future. They live in the here and now. They can’t predict the future because they are so young and I bet that part of their brain is still under developed. I could easily see her saying birth control is bad but assuming she will only have 3 or 4 kids. She’s showing the world how immature and childish her thinking was. 

And the real immaturity comes with realizing your fertility and temperament don't match but continuing to have more kids than you can handle AND telling others to do the same.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

She talked about how she was a huge tomboy and fell off the back of a 4-wheeler once, and when it ran over her leg, her only thought was "I hope the boys don't leave me behind next time over this." 

Theo had a twin but it was lost.    

Of course she was a pick-me girl. 

It hurts my heart that they laid that burden on Theo. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

She shared that she is speaking at a conference called “Able Moms.”  The AbleMoms conference is  for *every mom* y’all. 🫠 Who’s going to tell them? 

I scrolled to see if anyone has told them how oblivious that is, but it looks like a newbie account with little engagement. Tickets slashed from 145 to 70. 👀 Rough start to attempting to build a speaking platform. 

45AE59CA-022A-467B-840B-E9E436BC914D.jpeg.736f625b2d30382675135bba9574b11b.jpeg

Edited by neuroticcat
  • WTF 6

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Able moms? What a weird name. What about disabled moms? Such a weird group name. 

Exactly. It’s so bizarre -or maybe predictable - that able-ist didn’t even ping their radar as a possible PR/marketing snag. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

17 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

She shared that she is speaking at a conference called “Able Moms.”  The AbleMoms conference is  for *every mom* y’all. 🫠 Who’s going to tell them? 

I scrolled to see if anyone has told them how oblivious that is, but it looks like a newbie account with little engagement. Tickets slashed from 145 to 70. 👀 Rough start to attempting to build a speaking platform. 

45AE59CA-022A-467B-840B-E9E436BC914D.jpeg.736f625b2d30382675135bba9574b11b.jpeg

And these are the exact women who scream about things being “WOKE” at every opportunity.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Able moms? What a weird name. What about disabled moms? Such a weird group name. 

Is there already a group who have copyrighted "capable moms"? Because that probably has the same vibe they were after, without any inadvertent connotations. (Although to the somewhat hapless, crap-did-i-forget-that moms like me... well I'd be ignoring the group anyway, heh).

At least it's not some variation of super moms.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic