IGNORED

M is for Mama 15

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, JDuggs said:

It looks like Abbie has joined forces with Joy Duggar and Kristen Young. Joy should pay a little more attention to the types of people she’s aligning herself with. I think Jessa is either a little more savvy or thinks she’s above forming alliances to do this.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.a6675dda77a14888d409c7811ae0a5ea.png

Braggie has done this with Wissmanns. I’m guessing Braggie is the one who reaches out to these fundies. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

I know a former homeschooler who attended LeTourneau and is now deep into robotic prosthetic development. It's actually a very good school. 

One thing that The AntiBot and her husband, Genetically Modified Skeptic, said about Le Tourneau that is a cause for concern: The college requires its students and faculty to sign a statement of faith. The couple said that this requirement basically nullifies any path toward spiritual development that excludes conservative Christianity.

• Upvote 10

Braggie and Kirsten Nicole Young seem like a match made in heaven. or hell I guess?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

Abbie, Duggars, Bateses, Maxwells etc… All these folks claim to be Christians. I know they are not all from the same sect/denomination, but it’s really weird to me how the only acceptable employment seems to be church related, or working for yourself. I’ve heard the reasoning is to avoid being master to anyone but God. I wonder how JB justified working in government (well, working, from what has been reported, might be generous)? A big part of Christianity is centered on beloved community. How can you be part of any community when you isolate away? If everyone lacked education and was isolated away not working for the man, Josie Duggar wouldn’t be alive. Wonder if JB ever reflects on that notion?

I hope the H’s do not withhold higher education for their kids in a quest to keep them isolated and under their control.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I hope the H’s do not withhold higher education for their kids in a quest to keep them isolated and under their control.

Braggie will do that very thing. Shaun won't notice and won't care if he ever does notice.

• Upvote 1

Braggie was going on and on in her stories again yesterday about how her kids just love to help and are not parentified in any way.

Keep telling yourself that, toots.  Maybe someday you'll believe it.

• Upvote 15

26 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie was going on and on in her stories again yesterday about how her kids just love to help and are not parentified in any way.

Keep telling yourself that, toots.  Maybe someday you'll believe it.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

New from Braggie's paint and prose line:  t shirts for kids, so they too can be indoctrinated into her ridiculous schtick. 

One of her new tees for adults says, "you bet your stretch marks."  She thinks she's terribly clever for coming up with that.  ?????  It's bizarre.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 4

Yeah she mentioned it in a post and her followers fangirled she was like: I'll make a t-shirt. I still don't know what it's supposed to mean. 

Also, she gave a shout out to Erin Bates in a story so she is likely trying to move into Bates circles as well now that she is adjacent to Duggar fame.

And she again dodged whether she spanks with a lot of Bible verses.

• Eyeroll 3

On 11/16/2022 at 10:45 PM, JDuggs said:

It looks like Abbie has joined forces with Joy Duggar and Kristen Young. Joy should pay a little more attention to the types of people she’s aligning herself with. I think Jessa is either a little more savvy or thinks she’s above forming alliances to do this.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.a6675dda77a14888d409c7811ae0a5ea.png

It doesn't surprise me that Joy is teaming up with Abbie. 

I already speculated that Abbie might like to one of her sons marry into the Duggars when the kids are adults. I feel that is even more likely to happen now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It doesn't surprise me that Joy is teaming up with Abbie. 

I already speculated that Abbie might like to one of her sons marry into the Duggars when the kids are adults. I feel that is even more likely to happen now.

I doubt it. The Duggars have some pretty horrible stuff that was swept under the rug in that family. Everyone knows about Josh and how poorly they handled it. She will collab with them but I doubt she would approve of a marriage. 

• Upvote 1

Abbie's Instagram has become one long commercial for all the shit she sells and promotes. To be fair I don't have an account or look around much so maybe the commercialization is par for the course. Even so, I think it's sad and gross to monetize your family.

I didn't think Abbie could be more boring than she already was but the ongoing commercials are doing it for me. Her latest post is an ad for some kind of Christian health balogna. 'Mommy and Daddy kissing is yucky' pictures are stupid and I don't know how it relates to healthcare but go off, I guess. 

Spoiler

1016348147_Screenshot_20221201-1145162.png.83be52b44d8d269720ffc1a8b199b020.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5

Abbie is joining the ranks of the loads of people who literally make a full-time income on IG.  I make a point of only following people who are NOT doing that and DON'T have their every freaking post sponsored. 

• Upvote 4

I am currently on an IG fast. It’s great and I’m getting so much more done. I have read several books in the past week. Since starting FB in 2009, I have had my account on suspend for more time than it’s not. I shut it off the last time this past summer. I was sick of all the right leaning political crap. I also unfriended so many people, especially people in my family (oldsters and youngsters). I’d rather not know what my 20 something YO nephews are doing or that my 90 YO parents love Trump. My sanity needed to be restored.

• Upvote 7

I just hid or unfriended all the trump lovers on my fb. Thankfully I have a very small friend list so it’s not that many people. I did get off of a neighborhood Facebook page during the pandemic because it was so much shaming. About everything. About wearing masks, people not walking 6 feet apart, etc. It was just constant nastiness. People were stuck inside and taking their frustrations out on each other. So I left the group. I joined again recently and it’s better. Yes, there can still be some drama. But it’s nothing like the height of the lockdown. 

• Upvote 5

On 11/17/2022 at 10:57 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Braggie will do that very thing. Shaun won't notice and won't care if he ever does notice.

He will notice if they do not start supporting theirselves. 

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie's Instagram has become one long commercial for all the shit she sells and promotes. To be fair I don't have an account or look around much so maybe the commercialization is par for the course. Even so, I think it's sad and gross to monetize your family.

I didn't think Abbie could be more boring than she already was but the ongoing commercials are doing it for me. Her latest post is an ad for some kind of Christian health balogna. 'Mommy and Daddy kissing is yucky' pictures are stupid and I don't know how it relates to healthcare but go off, I guess. 

Hide contents

1016348147_Screenshot_20221201-1145162.png.83be52b44d8d269720ffc1a8b199b020.png

They are grossed out (1l because it's squirmy when your parents smooch And (2) double sqirmy when you're afraid of getting another sibling(s) to raise.

• Upvote 3

We know Braggie used condoms or the pull out method even though she pretends to leave it up to god. But I hope that when she decides to ditch the condoms, she doesn’t get pregnant. Ever again. Seriously. She can’t have another kid to resent and bash online.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I don't believe that Abbie is capable of growing emotionally. It's like she came up with her motto to encompass everything and then never took another step forwardIt must be so confusing to be a small child in that house. 

Abbie is still feeling like the kids are deliberately misbehaving to punish her. As usual when she posts stuff like this, her tone and word choice are deeply concerning. She always prides herself on her stupid turns of phrase so she's aware of the power of words, yet she still chooses ones that raise alarm to parents in the secular world. Explosive anger is a red flag. It's also concerning that her emotions are 'screaming' at her while she feels victimized and bullied by children. Meanwhile Abbie's 'nice husband' lends a listening ear but not a word about Shaun's selfish ass raising a helping hand.

She uses this post to peddle more of her shitty merch. 

Spoiler

961500624_Screenshot_20221205-1028212.thumb.png.c35bfd69ded2dee1970eb8147c3597ab.png934021363_Screenshot_20221205-1028262.png.1ee10755f37d6fe2dd71b22678f0fb98.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 7

She is feeling “bullied” by her kids? 😖

The comments on that post show how horrible this ideology is. Overwhelmed mothers: gaslighting themselves (he may not show it with his actions but he *really* loves me), repeating Abbie’s mantra, many versions of laundry room meltdown, desperate prayers. 

These poor families. The moms probably need sleep and practical help. More money probably would relieve some stressors too. Instead they are supposed to just try harder. This leads to acting out - either at others & abuse - or internally w/ self harm. 

• Upvote 11

Unless her "laundry treatment spray" is some essential oil-based diluted watery crap she cooked up herself, the most concerning thing to me about that post is that a 3yo was wantonly spraying laundry treatment all over the place.  What if he points it at another kid and sprays?  A quick Google search pulls up 8 really dangerous chemicals in most sprays.

I will always maintain that Braggie is a lying liar who lies and there have been NUMEROUS trips to the ER and medical close calls with all of those kids that she never mentioned and never will.  No one supervises the toddlers and preschoolers closely enough in that house and it is literally a miracle she's never had to deal with a really serious injury or a call to the poison control center.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 2

Yet again, a toddler in Braggie’s house is left unsupervised to make a big mess. Yet again, some sort of baby proofing would have solved her problem before it ever happened. When my kids were that young, I never left those sprays and cleaners for children to grab. I put a baby lock on the cabinet so they couldn’t get them. But Braggie doesn’t seem to baby proof. Either because she thinks it looks ugly or because she needs her older children to have access so they can run the house. Either way she brought this on herself yet again. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

If fundies didn’t have Instagram for revenue I think some of these beliefs and practices would have already started to break down. They seem to need two incomes like many other families, and they would have needed to work more outside the house which would impact homeschooling, etc.

• Upvote 7

She is selling “Crispy” t shirts - post indicated this is some kind of inside joke about being not totally “crunchy” mom. Is this a phrase normally used or original to Abbie? 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

She is selling “Crispy” t shirts - post indicated this is some kind of inside joke about being not totally “crunchy” mom. Is this a phrase normally used or original to Abbie? 

I wonder what kind of mom I was? Not crispy or crunchy. Maybe mushy? Burnt? 

• Haha 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic