IGNORED

M is for Mama 15

Coconut Flan

48 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

This reminds of Jill R. It's also dig at the French, based on America's obsession with flawless sod.

True about many Americans, but not the Habers. They do not have a nicely landscaped property. There are no fences to contain their animals. In fact, did Abbie’s mother plant everything in their flower beds? I’m betting she maintains them too. 

Jill Rod and Braggie are the same fundie in two different bodies. Rules don’t apply to their children.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

Re carrying cash: that was something I had to learn when I moved to Germany. Even in bigger cities, little shops and bars still do not always take cash. Covid has changed that a lot, but there is a little gift shop/coffee place I go to in my tiny town that is resolutely cash only. Luckily, it is only a couple hundred metres from an ATM (from my bank, unlike the UK, most ATMs here charge or withdrawing cash, unless you choose the affiliated ATMs. It's kind of a pain...) because I always end up buying way more stuff than I intend to, and have to rush off to the bank.

I am sort of following AH's trip, because I really want her to get reamed out by some locals. Preferably very angry Germans (not because they are angrier than the French or Italians, I just figure angry German sounds so much scarier than angry French/Italian). The Germans are very direct, and I am here for it! (And German speaking Switzerland *even more*; they have a secret long list of faux pas, I swear.)

• Upvote 7

On 5/4/2023 at 5:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a son the same age as Theo. I think she could have taken him on a food tour. But maybe he’s tired. Poor babysitter gets to sit in the hotel room all day and wish she was sightseeing. 

Maybe they can hang at the hotel, relax and enjoy being away from Abbie.

1 minute ago, Cults-r-us said:

Maybe they can hang at the hotel, relax and enjoy being away from Abbie.

I don’t think Braggie does much parenting. They likely miss their siblings who parent them more than Braggie. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think Braggie does much parenting. They likely miss their siblings who parent them more than Braggie. 

She may not do much parenting, but she does generate unnecessary chaos and stress and it has to be nice to be away from her.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Omg so she took the whole lot to the Louvre and sounds like that went as well as expected. The poor tourists who had to deal with her kids melting down. Doesn't sound like they stayed long either. Smart people would have split the group and let the littlest chase pigeons and stroll the grounds around the area and the older lot actually enjoy the museum. But smart people are not trying to sell a book about "Hard is not the same as stupid, except when it is stupid" or something like that are they?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

Maybe she's intentionally making stupid choices that will complicate things just so she has fodder for her book. 🤔

Or maybe Abbie is just a colossal blunderbus.

Or maybe both. Probably both.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

Fodder for her book and Insta shots. Sane parents probably wouldn't have dragged the three youngest to a flea market either - at least not for very long, and with some strategies so one could browse while the other ran around with the kids. The whole "we must be together As A Group no matter what!" thing kind of bemuses me a bit here - I'm not seeing the days when they're all at an activity which the youngest 5 love but which is boring Abbie senseless. It would be easier to split up and alternate activities, with different mixes of kids and adults.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

She’s exactly like a shitty YouTube family channel. She sets her children up for failure for money. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 12

I cannot believe she let Titus run barefoot through the Louvre.  

I would have loved to hear some of the comments around them today. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 10

Abbie usually has lots of help. She does not care for 10 kids, a home, yard, education or her spirituality all on her own volition. As a couple, they do not navigate life with 10 kids all on their own. There are always others, most importantly her parents, picking up the slack and making sure nothing  and no one falls through the cracks. Abbie is Abbie centric. She is not an organized planner, and certainly doesn’t think to make sure that her small kids’ needs are met so that things run more smoothly. Without her mom following behind, this trip is going to be a disaster. She took 2, 2 year olds to the Louvre around feeding time. Seriously? And she just doesn’t care, and that’s the biggest issue.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Taking 1 toddler to Louvre? Yes, why not? Taking several toddlers nobody can pay attenttion to? Absolutely not.

In my experience, museums can be great for children (even little children) IF an adult can patiently explain things and focus on the works the kid is attracted to. It's not possible with 10. 

Abbie is just disturbing other tourists and of course French people. Her younger kids are not enjoying neither learning. 

• Upvote 14

32 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Taking 1 toddler to Louvre? Yes, why not? Taking several toddlers nobody can pay attenttion to? Absolutely not.

In my experience, museums can be great for children (even little children) IF an adult can patiently explain things and focus on the works the kid is attracted to. It's not possible with 10. 

Yes, when traveling with children you need to plan your trip around the children’s needs. It doesn’t mean you need to spend all day in Paris at a playground. But you need to make sure that there is plenty of time to run off energy somewhere in the day, museum visits shouldn’t be at a time when kids are tired, cranky or hungry, and the schedule shouldn’t be too tight, it should leave enough flexibility to move things around if something unexpected happens (diaper blowout, temper tantrum etc). Just planning a trip YOU would enjoy without taking your kids’ needs into account is just a recipe for disaster. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

I would love it if her true love of Anthropologie is soured because of her own bigotry. As many have pointed out in the past, anthro has never been a hobby lobby type of brand. But now that they did this fun photo shoot on their Instagram, Abbie is “not happy with them right now.” It’s like she thinks this happened to her personally and she was betrayed and deserves an apology. Lol good luck with that sweetie. 

photos of anthro shoot in the box

Spoiler

IMG_4026.thumb.png.8889945e42cdfc0ef3669bad18dc8df8.pngIMG_4025.thumb.png.243508f31a1f5c27c71e4c81ddcf1d47.png

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Barefoot….in…the….Louvre…..

I can't even.

Abby broke me.

When the kid grows up he is going to be so embarrassed at what his mother allowed him to do. Or at least, I really hope he is.

I was oddly grateful that she didn't allow him to go barefoot on the escalator, but she probably did we just didn't get photos of it. That would have been a sure way to get acquainted with the French medical system.

• Upvote 8

Abbie allowing her elementary school aged boys to entertain themselves by continuously riding the escalators up and down made me a little batty.

• Upvote 7

This woman literally has no shame. She’s like trump. She could knock over a 400 year old statue in the Louvre and she would blame the guards and feel zero embarrassment. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

I’m wondering how much of the terrible stuff she does is for SM and potential book content? I keep circling back to her having some sort of processing and decision making problem/disconnect. No shoes d/t blisters, then don’t plan a day where he will need to do a lot of walking. And of course the boys don’t like the packs, they look so uncomfortable. Further, AH had to make a dig about having to carry him. She either needs to plan better or stay her butt closer to Tyler, TX. 

• Upvote 7

She's such a raging hypocrite.  Anthro has openly supported the LGBTQ+ community for YEARS.  And she kept devotedly shopping there.  I guess a good-looking man in a dress is just too much for her delicate sensibilities to handle. 

The sole reason she dragged 5 little boys through the Louvre was so that she could post the posed "so tired" pictures she did and get attagirls from her leghumpers.  To create moments SHE could remember, not her kids.  As always, it's all. about. Braggie.  

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

20 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Barefoot….in…the….Louvre…..

I can't even.

Abby broke me.

When the kid grows up he is going to be so embarrassed at what his mother allowed him to do. Or at least, I really hope he is.

I was oddly grateful that she didn't allow him to go barefoot on the escalator, but she probably did we just didn't get photos of it. That would have been a sure way to get acquainted with the French medical system.

I don't think the kid should be embarrassed or at least not blame himself. It's his family's fault. He's 2. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

@Bluebirdbluebell sorry if I came across wrong, I meant that the kid would be embarrassed for his former self, not his current self. And embarrassed for his parents, who were so oblivious to what other people thought and social mores that they allowed him to do it. The kid didn't know better, I agree.

How old are the twins anyway? They look a little big for those carriers that they are using. My sibling has a hiking backpack for their toddler, but it is meant for bigger kids, and is the size of a small tent itself.

• Upvote 4

Titus and Tobias will be three on September 25. 

Abbie originally planned this trip for summer of 2020 and I think started planning it before getting pregnant or at least before finding out it was twins. So I guess three years later they just decided to go on the same trip with the same activities despite the absurdity of dragging the little boys around to them. 

• Upvote 4

I wonder if at some point her parents will join them on this trip. The 2 of them are never going to make this an enjoyable trip for all. Yesterday’s IG was fairly woe is me because I (Abbie) isn’t getting to do all the stuff she wants, the little boys are wrecking things and it’s all costing a lot of money. I hope it gets better when they are out of the big cities. I’m not even sure how they are sleeping 13 people in a Parisian apartment. From the size of the kitchen they must have to eat in 3-4 shifts. 

And I am sorry, any parent with average intelligence knows that escalators are not play structures. 

47 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Titus and Tobias will be three on September 25. 

Abbie originally planned this trip for summer of 2020 and I think started planning it before getting pregnant or at least before finding out it was twins. So I guess three years later they just decided to go on the same trip with the same activities despite the absurdity of dragging the little boys around to them. 

3 years ago, Shiloh would have just turned 1. So they would have been dragging 8 kids, one of them barely 1 YO. IIRC, Shiloh is 18 months older than the little boys (Abbie complained about the pregnancy happening too soon). Also her parents were going to go in 2000, so more hands with fewer kids. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 6

Carry on here:

• Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic