IGNORED

Josh and Anna 56: AMA and Stuck in Duggarville?

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

How reliable is The Ashley? 

She's very reliable when it comes to MTV shows and stars. She does fairly thorough vetting compared to vloggers like Without a Crystal Ball.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

It would be interesting to know what kind of phone- was it a flip phone for calls and texts or a smart phone with data?  I assume Josh is funded by his family for official phone credits so he can call Anna (and his parents, if he wishes to). I wonder who he wanted to call on the illegal phone? 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

It would be interesting to know what kind of phone- was it a flip phone for calls and texts or a smart phone with data?  I assume Josh is funded by his family for official phone credits so he can call Anna (and his parents, if he wishes to). I wonder who he wanted to call on the illegal phone? 

I'll bet a bag of marbles Josh wanted a phone to access the internet.

Considering the reason he's in prison, this should be considered a serious crime and a clear indication he still doesn't believe the rules apply to him. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 16
  • Love 2

I don't care about any other punishment they might have for possessing a phone in jail, the only one that matters to me is adding time to Josh's sentence, be it through loss of good time credit or additional time added to his sentence. As to a flip-phone, there are very few nowadays that don't allow access to the internet, though the usage is clunkier than with a smartphone. I know this because I have family members who would rather have a non-internet facing flip-phone and they are difficult to find. I can't see Josh using precious barter points or whatever system they use for black-market items, just for a phone to call Anna or his family. It either had access to the internet or he has someone else he badly wants to call. 

I'm not out to make the prison experience as miserable as possible, even for someone like Josh, because I don't think that works as a deterrent. However, he has a very specific set of parameters that he has to live within when he is released, and if he can't stay within those parameters while in jail, then what hope do they have of enforcement when he is out among family members who enable him? To me, this should be a strong factor for consideration. Right now, I don't think any punishment will deter him from reoffending, so adding time to his sentence and keeping him away from the general public for longer is what I would like to see.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 15

9 minutes ago, waltraute said:

Right now, I don't think any punishment will deter him from reoffending, so adding time to his sentence and keeping him away from the general public for longer is what I would like to see.

Josh probably doesn't care about additional time added to his sentence as he's just waiting for his favorable appeal ruling to send him home. I really think he's that delusional.  Unless he just doesn't give a shit because 2032 already sounds so far away.

But I agree. Whether he tries again to get another phone in prison or goes right back to the activities that landed him there when he does get out, Josh is a dangerous person. He may not be technically a violent man, but he is a very dangerous one.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

25 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Josh probably doesn't care about additional time added to his sentence as he's just waiting for his favorable appeal ruling to send him home. I really think he's that delusional.  Unless he just doesn't give a shit because 2032 already sounds so far away.

But I agree. Whether he tries again to get another phone in prison or goes right back to the activities that landed him there when he does get out, Josh is a dangerous person. He may not be technically a violent man, but he is a very dangerous one.

He's more likely to reoffend because he doesn't admit to any wrongdoing in the first place. According to him (and Anna), he is innocent.

I agree, Josh might not care about time added to his sentence, but I do. Add more time. Add all the time. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

8 minutes ago, waltraute said:

He's more likely to reoffend because he doesn't admit to any wrongdoing in the first place. According to him (and Anna), he is innocent.

I don't know about Anna, but he knows what he did and I'm sure he did it far more times than just that one day in the wreck shack. He just doesn't see it as a big deal and not something he should do prison time for. 

• Upvote 16

IF this is true, I wonder how he spins it for Anna and his parents. Someone planted a phone in his cell? Snuck it into his jumpsuit pocket? Or maybe he succumbed to the devil but is better now because he prayed about it?

I think Anna might be the only one to bring it up, if true. I'm sure Josh doesn't want to discuss it and JB and Michelle pretty well know what is up even if they pretend they don't. 

• Upvote 6

53 minutes ago, waltraute said:

IF this is true, I wonder how he spins it for Anna and his parents. Someone planted a phone in his cell? Snuck it into his jumpsuit pocket? Or maybe he succumbed to the devil but is better now because he prayed about it?

I think Anna might be the only one to bring it up, if true. I'm sure Josh doesn't want to discuss it and JB and Michelle pretty well know what is up even if they pretend they don't. 

All four of them are so good at minimizing things that even if one of them were to being it up it would probably be in the context of how horribly their convicted child predator is being treated in prison. 

• Upvote 8

I wonder whether obtaining the phone could have been part of a gang initiation, similar to some fraternities and sororities having pledges do weird, risky stuff.

• Eyeroll 1

Color me not surprised that Joshley was caught breaking rules already.

That guy has honestly no concept of the seriousness of all the crap he did,  how his conviction has impacted not just his life and but his family.  He's ruined his life and he's ruined Anna's IMHO.   It's like he really doesn't care.  That he thinks he's wrongly convicted, will win his appeal and get out early just speaks to how delusional he is.   Based on this, I am not surprised that he was caught with the phone.

On 3/11/2023 at 11:10 AM, waltraute said:

I'm not out to make the prison experience as miserable as possible, even for someone like Josh, because I don't think that works as a deterrent. However, he has a very specific set of parameters that he has to live within when he is released, and if he can't stay within those parameters while in jail, then what hope do they have of enforcement when he is out among family members who enable him?

Exactly what I thought.   Whenever he's released, he's going to immediately mess up again.   Even a short lease will not stop him. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

and now for the real reason Josh thinks he's going to win..

and what every convict in the place where my child's incarcerated believes

my favorite quote from my favorite movie

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

On 3/11/2023 at 2:39 PM, Dandruff said:

I wonder whether obtaining the phone could have been part of a gang initiation, similar to some fraternities and sororities having pledges do weird, risky stuff.

I 100% do not believe getting a cell phone was part of a gang initiation. I also 100% believe Josh would try to convince Anna and his parents it was. 

• Upvote 10
  • Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

I apologize if this has been posted before; I don't remember seeing it.

This fellow was convicted of running a Medicare fraud scheme and started his sentence at Seagoville. He was not supposed to be housed with a co-defendant against whom he'd testified at trial and so he ended up in segregated housing until he could be moved to another prison.  For anyone interested in what Josh's experiences in the SHU at Seagoville may be/have been like, he provides a detailed description. Note this is not solitary confinement; all inmates have a cellmate but it doesn't sound like they get much more.

Starts more than half way down the page.  https://enduringadversity.com/shu/ 

• Thank You 11

On 3/11/2023 at 4:39 PM, Dandruff said:

If this was indeed an initiation, considering what Joshley was in for I see it as very possible that a cell phone was considered the more "risky" undertaking.   But I see it as equally possible that Joshley simply acquired the phone because he's not going to follow rules.  In fact he likes not following them which is a good part of  why he is where he is.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Another case that makes me wonder what Anna is thinking. Every day his time inside is lengthened by his own actions, is another day she'll be a single parent and managing everything by herself. Does it even occur to her? Does she get mad?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Another case that makes me wonder what Anna is thinking. Every day his time inside is lengthened by his own actions, is another day she'll be a single parent and managing everything by herself. Does it even occur to her? Does she get mad?

I wonder this, too. Ten+ years is a long time to stay in her current holding pattern. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

While there’s a live appeal, Anna will be firmly rooted in the Josh is a persecuted innocent camp (for what it’s worth I think JB saw through him a long time ago, it more about saving JBs reputation than his son for him). If the appeal fails, she’ll continue to think that, it could take years for the penny to drop.
Facing the reality that she loved, married, had children with and defended someone who enjoyed watching kids being tortured and was prepared to trash everything they had in order to indulge this, is a terrifying prospect for her.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

Anna would say that Josh told her he never watched any of that stuff, that the other guy in the office did it, and that would be enough for Anna.

• Upvote 12

12 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

I have a feeling he wasn’t doing much to help while he was on the outside. She likely was very much a single parent even when he wasn’t incarcerated. Obviously, the shame would not be a factor. Aside from the sex and occasional conversation, how different can her physical life be? JB is still paying all the bills, and they haven’t had to move. She can travel and has built in auntie moms, although I’m sure Mack helps too. I am sure if Anna tried to divorce him, JB would take all the freebies away. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I have a feeling he wasn’t doing much to help while he was on the outside. She likely was very much a single parent even when he wasn’t incarcerated. Obviously, the shame would not be a factor. Aside from the sex and occasional conversation, how different can her physical life be?

That is a really good point; thanks!

I agree Anna's life is probably not a ton different - I think the major complication now is having to visit the prison to keep appearances up.

As for the cell phone Josh was caught with? I think he likely just was bored. Cell phones seem to be pretty ubiquitous in prisons despite being banned in most. I read an article recently about how many inmates use them - some for illegal stuff, but there are also some taking classes, doing freelance writing work, doing legal legwork, or just hitting up dating sites and calling up family to chat. If he'd obtained the phone himself I could see him maybe looking up more of what got him there in the first place, but if it was borrowed or obtained from another inmate chances are he wouldn't risk it, I'd bet. If he has any sense, anyway. But since it's Josh, who knows?

• Upvote 7

A friend of mine is a state CO.  He said the large majority of prisoners have cell phones and as long as they’re not in for things like crimes against children(where they could either be looking up images or be contacting a child they’ve harmed or grooming other children), the COs really just overlook it. He said really they’re just calling or texting loved ones with the cell phones, often reading or researching, and most COs just overlook it.

Josh’s crimes put him into a different category altogether. I doubt he was calling Anna every night.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 10

34 minutes ago, sableduck said:

A friend of mine is a state CO.  He said the large majority of prisoners have cell phones and as long as they’re not in for things like crimes against children(where they could either be looking up images or be contacting a child they’ve harmed or grooming other children), the COs really just overlook it. He said really they’re just calling or texting loved ones with the cell phones, often reading or researching, and most COs just overlook it.

Josh’s crimes put him into a different category altogether. I doubt he was calling Anna every night.

I'm sure. I could totally see him on some dating site though, with another fake profile. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic