IGNORED

Josh and Anna 56: AMA and Stuck in Duggarville?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I agree Anna's life is probably not a ton different - I think the major complication now is having to visit the prison to keep appearances up.

That, but also - no more babies.

It's impossible for me to understand her mindset, but did she really want give birth to and raise 10 - 12 kids?

If she did, not having her cracker-sweeping sperm donor around might well be pretty devastating for her.

If she did not, I hope she begins to appreciate how much better a Josh-free life can be and makes all future life decisions with this in mind. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Anna wanted to be Michelle 2.0. She and Josh were the heirs apparent to the Duggar dynasty - career in politics for Josh, with Anna raising a load of kids and simpering at his side while sniping on social media.

After the first lot of scandal broke, I think she thought she could curate a new image of the godly faithful wife and her ‘little Duggars’ branding- she even got a couple of paid partnerships. Unless she decides to do a tell all, she has to live as privately as possible on what JB gives her. It’s not the life she envisaged, that’s for sure.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 12

Word is that the reviewing officer was at Segoville and Josh has gotten his sentence for possessing the phone.  He lost almost all the good time credit and now has a release date in October, 2032.  He may have more time in the SHU, loss of property, loss of  phone calls, loss of visits, etc.  He could even be transferred when he's finished his time in the SHU.  I guess we'll have to watch and see how long before Anna goes to Texas again.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 19

Does he have an appeal coming? I could see them keeping him in Texas until after the final appeal. 

• Upvote 2

I don't think the appeal of the original conviction and what happens with Josh and the prison system are related.  Josh doesn't need to present at court for anything to do with the appeal.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

If he wins the appeal and the conviction is overturned, would Josh need to finish up his time in solitary for having a phone or would he just be released? Not saying that I think he will win the appeal or that I 100% believe he had a phone (I have no idea whether he did or not). I’m just curious about how the penal system works. 

Josh isn't actually in "solitary."  The majority of the cells in the SHU have two or three inmates.  

• Upvote 1

More time has been added to his sentence. Release date now October 2032, originally August.

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • Thank You 10

26 minutes ago, marmalade said:

More time has been added to his sentence. Release date now October 2032, originally August.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Sorry, FJ doesn't take me to the last post I read. I have to kind of guess, and as a result I miss posts. I have complained about this, but this is apparently unique to me and the two devices I use to view this site. 

• I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Josh isn't actually in "solitary."  The majority of the cells in the SHU have two or three inmates.  

So maybe Josh is part of their punishment?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 27

On 2/23/2023 at 4:20 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Nope.  The legal charge is possessing.  If he had it, that's a crime.  Receiving is a lesser included of possessing.  If you have it, you obviously received it.  I could have some sitting in my front hall that a neighbor dropped on their way out the door and I didn't notice.  If my house was raided, I could still be charged and quite possibly convicted of possession.  Home owners are responsible for everything in their house.  It's a scary thought for parents of teens.

I will say, in my experience, they will do the research and charge the person actually responsible for possessing it. Unfortunately, possession of CSAM has become a pretty big problem here. I've had numerous juveniles charged with possession or promotion and they have never charged the parents.  

• Thank You 3

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Sorry, FJ doesn't take me to the last post I read. I have to kind of guess, and as a result I miss posts. I have complained about this, but this is apparently unique to me and the two devices I use to view this site. 

I am also having this issue.

• I Agree 7

51 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Good God Josh is a fucking idiot. Hope he finds more ways to lengthen his stay.

I have a feeling he will be doing that. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

57 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Good God Josh is a fucking idiot. Hope he finds more ways to lengthen his stay.

I am actually kind of surprised. I thought he was smart enough to play "model prisoner," at least for a couple of years. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

I was about 50/50 that Josh would follow the rules vs think he was above the rules.  I got my answer that he thought he was above the rules.  It fits with having his parents excuse his behavior and their Gothard view that his sins were mistakes and all he had to do was say he repented and then God forgave.  Short cut religion at its worst.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

Man oh man oh man, I would like to be privy to JB and Michelle's discussion on this one. We know that JB knows and I'm pretty sure Michelle knows too - meaning that their son is 100% guilty of the crime for which he's been sent to prison. So now, do they have honest conversations with each other about this or does JB continue the charade in private and Michelle pretend to agree? 

It's none of my business for sure, but I am curious. How do they talk to each other about Josh's original crime and now about his loss of good time credit? That they blame Satan is a given, even if they admit Josh is guilty, but I would really like to know how they are talking to each other about this.

ETA: Has anyone seen the two of them together since the trial? Does Michelle still stare up at JB adoringly?

Edited by waltraute
  • Upvote 9

If someone offered an appearance fee I’m sure Michelle would be gazing adoringly and lecturing the ladies on godliness. They have no shame.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

On 3/15/2023 at 11:24 PM, marmalade said:

No! It's happening to me lately as well, I have to go through and find the black line that cuts me to where I've read up to. It used to bump me right to it. I'm just happy I have my line.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 17

1 hour ago, Mlissmartin said:

No! It's happening to me lately as well, I have to go through and find the black line that cuts me to where I've read up to. It used to bump me right to it. I'm just happy I have my line.

Interestingly, it only works for me as intended in the Rod's thread. Nowhere else. 😥

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Interestingly, it only works for me as intended in the Rod's thread. Nowhere else. 😥

Since we're in Fundieland, the obvious response to this is: "Maybe God is trying to tell you something?"

😄

• Haha 26

21 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

I am actually kind of surprised. I thought he was smart enough to play "model prisoner," at least for a couple of years. 

I think he's way too self absorbed for that to work long-term. He may have went in with that intention, but it disappeared at the first opportunity. I don't think he is able to comprehend how his actions will affect him long term. He comes from a lifetime of special treatment as the exalted first born son and is used to the special treatment that it entails.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

When it doesn't work properly, it's hit or miss.  The go to last read works 99% of the time for me on FJ.  On a couple other forums I read also on Invision, it works about 50% of the time.  The line is always there for me though and it's usually four or less posts away.  I hope it improves for you.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic