IGNORED

William & Kate 2

Coconut Flan
Destiny
Message added by Destiny,

If you want to discuss downvotes and the use thereof, take it to CD please.

25 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Apparently not being able to make every food item under the sun is proof of inherent evilness, though.

Oh, I must be the literal worst if this is our barometer. I'm a vegetarian and have been for most of my life. My cooking abilities in the meat arena are pretty much nonexistent. Like, I had to look up how to bake chicken breasts because I have literally no clue.

My baked tofu though? Freeking DELIGHTFUL.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Oh, I must be the literal worst if this is our barometer. I'm a vegetarian and have been for most of my life. My cooking abilities in the meat arena are pretty much nonexistent. Like, I had to look up how to bake chicken breasts because I have literally no clue.

My baked tofu though? Freeking DELIGHTFUL.

I am guessing the same is true for Kate. I'm sure she makes a wide variety of delightful vegetarian dishes. 

It's also nice to see how many people's pancakes looks like this. I'm convinced, now, that Kate is a regular old gal. Those of us who can cook a pancake are among the elite.

FpjzowPXgAYD8lo.png.e6a5382bd61c6fb15a1b680246b94963.png

On 2/22/2023 at 4:30 AM, klein_roeschen said:

Changing the topic: wtf was Kate’s BAFTA look? How could it happen that Wiliam was the better looking?

I agree. She usually has such beautiful taste, impeccable really. But that was not a good look. The gloves ruined it. Really, of the all the outfits she has in her closet, that's what she chose?

I just looked up the BAFTA outfit. 

That would have been amazing if she'd had on black stiletto boots and some sort of black accessory in her hair. Or if she'd had no gloves, or shorter white gloves. Or if the dress had been sleeker and shorter along with black shoes. Or if the dress had been black.

Like there are so many ways to make that work, and she didn't. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

58 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

ETA: There’s video on the internet of both Kate & William successfully flipping pancakes in Ireland in 2013. So I assume they’ve only become incompetent and evil sometime in the last 10 years. I assume somewhere around May, 2018. 

William maybe but Kate has been evil for twenty years! Don‘t you remember that dress she used to bewitch the future king? 😉

• Haha 12

29 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

William maybe but Kate has been evil for twenty years! Don‘t you remember that dress she used to bewitch the future king? 😉

Oh, that’s right. Because William has the agency to spend his entire life trying to destroy his poor, blameless, victimized little brother, but not enough to avoid being forced to marry someone he didn’t want to. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Oh, that’s right. Because William has the agency to spend his entire life trying to destroy his poor, blameless, victimized little brother, but not enough to avoid being forced to marry someone he didn’t want to. 

Come now, he's far too busy calling up random top scientists worldwide to be briefed every day before stepping out the door. He had to give in somewhere! 

• Haha 15

3 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

There was a storm in central Mississippi several years ago and this one woman was interviewed; her retort was "ain't nobody got time for that !!!".  That became a local theme when something inconvenient happened, and could apply to flipping pancakes.

Two states away and I continue to occasionally hear that woman's great statement in all sorts of ways. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Come now, he's far too busy calling up random top scientists worldwide to be briefed every day before stepping out the door. He had to give in somewhere! 

LOL! 

Judging from his conversation, he's never spoken to a scientist in his life. 

And that's a good argument against the hereditary monarchy. People who choose to remain ignorant should not hold influential positions. I do wonder how many people listened to his ignornance, behaved recklessly and caught Covid.

Well, he found his. joke funny, anyway, so that's something!

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I just looked up the BAFTA outfit. 

That would have been amazing if she'd had on black stiletto boots and some sort of black accessory in her hair. Or if she'd had no gloves, or shorter white gloves. Or if the dress had been sleeker and shorter along with black shoes. Or if the dress had been black.

Like there are so many ways to make that work, and she didn't. 

This reminds of the AllRecipes comments where someone says “Oh this recipe is fabulous with the following changes” and then proceeds to list so many changes that it’s no longer anything like the original recipe. 😂

And yes, I have cooking on the brain. Am I the only one who would have eaten those pancakes and been happy so long as they tasted good? I mean, pancakes. Yum.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

Am I the only one who would have eaten those pancakes and been happy so long as they tasted good? I mean, pancakes. Yum.

I’m going to be honest and say I probably wouldn’t have eaten those pancakes. They look kind of terrible and raw in the middle. Sorry to Catherine but they look pretty bad. Like the first pancake that I always throw away because the pan wasn’t actually hot enough to cook, but I wasn’t patient enough to wait

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

56 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

I’m going to be honest and say I probably wouldn’t have eaten those pancakes. They look kind of terrible and raw in the middle. Sorry to Catherine but they look pretty bad. Like the first pancake that I always throw away because the pan wasn’t actually hot enough to cook, but I wasn’t patient enough to wait

If it were called a crepe would you eat it?

/kidding

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Bobology said:

Two states away and I continue to occasionally hear that woman's great statement in all sorts of ways. 

It deserves to be carried forward for future generations, doesn't it?

• I Agree 2

4 hours ago, noseybutt said:

And yes, I have cooking on the brain. Am I the only one who would have eaten those pancakes and been happy so long as they tasted good? I mean, pancakes. Yum.

I certainly would have. They looked delightful.

8 hours ago, Bobology said:

I still quote in my daily life. 

• I Agree 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, noseybutt said:

Am I the only one who would have eaten those pancakes and been happy so long as they tasted good? I mean, pancakes. Yum.

Depends. Do I have prettier pancakes (then I eat just those) or did I ruin them all? If it‘s the latter, I would add some sliced almonds and powdered sugar, get a jar of plum compote and call it a Kaiserschmarrn. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Depends. Do I have prettier pancakes (then I eat just those) or did I ruin them all? If it‘s the latter, I would add some sliced almonds and powdered sugar, get a jar of plum compote and call it a Kaiserschmarrn. 

True story. My mother once accidentally dumped an entire pan of lasagna destined for the church potluck on to the kitchen floor. And we were running late to church and she could not show up empty handed. So she scooped it back into the pan and added more cheese. We had the fear of hell put in us should we breathe a word about this until after it was eaten.

Dang I miss her. She was the OG of making do in hilarious ways.

• Haha 11
  • Love 6

If early childhood is so important, why isn't billionaire Kate spending her money to build playgrounds and high quality preschools?

She should put her money where her mouth is.  She is 41, she can't spend all of her money (well, her husband's money) before she dies. I'm surprised she doesn't use some of it for her "passion project."

Teachers, who are far from rich, often spend a good amount  of their own money on classroom supplies. But Kate can't?

Also, I mean, is there anyone who thought ages 0-5 weren't important? That demographic needs help with everything and can't care for themselves. Even animals know to provide care to their young, and they didn't need a panel of experts to tell them that!  Her campaign has been costing a million pounds.a year.

Can you imagine spending a million pounds a year to learn things like, "Disease is bad" or "Children need love" or "Healthy food is important?"

Edited by Jackie3
  • Eyeroll 2

Funny. I have a really boring life right now but it would never occur to me to online stalk a person I hate to the level where I would be able to put them down for a different detail of their existence every single day. Granted there are periodic repeats but still…

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

There was a storm in central Mississippi several years ago and this one woman was interviewed; her retort was " ain't nobody got time for that !!!". That became a local theme when something inconvenient happened, and could apply to flipping pancakes.

It applies to wasting time with haunting a forum just to try to be a troublemaker.  It also applies to wasting time reading the rantings.  "Ain't nobody got time for that!" and I now look at the poster name and for some just keep skipping.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

On 2/23/2023 at 6:09 PM, KnittingOwl said:

Why can't we ever wait long enough? The 1st pancake is so sad

• Haha 8

On 2/23/2023 at 4:06 PM, noseybutt said:

If it were called a crepe would you eat it?

/kidding

As long as it’s cooked through and not raw! 🤣

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Why can't we ever wait long enough? The 1st pancake is so sad

I agree. I think that first pancake comes out badly because the pan isn't hot enough. At least that's my guess. I made some recently and tried waiting till the pan was super hot, and #1 came out better than it usually did.

Edited by Jackie3

Surely the public is not so dumb as to believe this Daily Mail piece? Kate hardly worked in the decade after university. Has never held a full-time job. The DM has pumped this up into a "career."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/weekend-features/article-11777105/Kate-Middletons-jobs-joined-Royal-Family.html

I love the part where they call her work on a yacht "back-breaking." Here's a pic from those years (they did not use this pic.)

download-14.jpg.44b9f84e05d7b30b2ec60aa528962979.jpg

Why not just tell the truth? She was wealthy and didn't need to work. Not everyone has to work. She also wanted to marry Wills, so she needed to keep her days free so that she could go on vacation with him. It's the truth, and while it's not terribly admirable, it's not that awful either.

On 2/24/2023 at 3:17 PM, Coconut Flan said:

It applies to wasting time with haunting a forum just to try to be a troublemaker.  It also applies to wasting time reading the rantings.  "Ain't nobody got time for that!" and I now look at the poster name and for some just keep skipping.  

Wait, are you talking about me?  I have never, ever tried to be a troublemaker in Free Jinger; you have agreed with  several things I said.  I was just being light hearted, or so I thought.  I totally don't understand what is going on.  I was just talking about learning to flip a pancake with the pan, and you even posted a laughing emoji.

Edited by SoSoNosy

27 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

Wait, are you talking about me?  I have never, ever tried to be a troublemaker in Free Jinger; you have agreed with  several things I said.  I was just being light hearted, or so I thought.  I totally don't understand what is going on.  I was just talking about learning to flip a pancake with the pan, and you even posted a laughing emoji.

No not you at all.  Think of who wastes so much time disagreeing with almost everyone and tracking down ancient photos to prove a point or can't let go of two or three hobbyhorses.

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic