IGNORED

William & Kate 2

Coconut Flan
Destiny
Message added by Destiny,

If you want to discuss downvotes and the use thereof, take it to CD please.

I'm not saying that Harry didn't get any help, because he certainly did. They pushed the silly, mischievous angle as hard as they could, because it worked for Harry. He was the *cheeky* one. But he definitely didn't receive all the help that William did. 

• I Agree 1

6 hours ago, viii said:

I'm not saying that Harry didn't get any help, because he certainly did. They pushed the silly, mischievous angle as hard as they could, because it worked for Harry. He was the *cheeky* one. But he definitely didn't receive all the help that William did. 

I can’t remember the exact spot, but in Spare Harry remembers a time when he was upset with a palace secretary or someone for not insisting to a reporter that he never smoked weed or something like that and had to go to rehab because of it. He kept insisting to the palace that the source was wrong, but Harry *was* doing all the things the reporter was threatening to write an article about. Harry was just mad because the palace wanted him to go to rehab instead of defending him. That was one section where the cognitive dissonance just had me shaking my head.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

So.. he wanted a palace official to lie to the press for him Not considering this person could  have been thrown through the mud and without a doubt fired  if a scandal had broken out over this.  He just gets less appealing by the day. 

• Upvote 2

I am pretty sure that the same person might have had no problem to lie to the press that W never smoked weed. I think though that W while doing the same stuff had a more trustworthy circle of friends. So it’s probably a mix of less/easier to clean up and the rational incentive of protecting the heir to the throne. 
For a teenager that must have looked just unfair. And it is. It’s rational but that doesn’t mean it’s fair. But as an adult he should have realised that he wouldn’t get the same passes and either adapt his behaviour or stop complaining. Why continue to act out like that when you know it won’t get covered up when caught. And then complain about something you knew from the start. No one forced him to still act like a teenager in his mid twenties. If you get pissed in LA around strangers at 27 you really can’t complain. That’s shit you pull at 19/20.
I think branding him the mischievous one, riding on the Diana’s boys good will, was probably part of a PR strategy. Much easier to gloss over a behaviour you have a harder time and less incentive to contain. And it paid off. Weed smoking, naked snooker playing H, was the most popular royal for several years. The tabloids loved to make Wiliam look extra stiff and boring in comparison with his fun, cheeky and relatable, military hero brother. I am really so over the constant complaining. What’s next? Wiliam crying that he always had to watch out, only trusting a handful of people, the palace making him look like a complete bore?

In the end, W had some fuck ups too that couldn’t be contained. The partying with girls on a ski trip AFTER marriage? Visiting Jecca’s wedding and all the headlines about him still thinking about her? Not being present for Charlotte’s first Easter? He just didn’t fuck up as often, as public and as bad (though the ski trip was pretty bad. Much worse than a naked prince in LA in my opinion).

• Upvote 2

William missed a 10 month olds first Easter Sunday because he had previous commitments to be in in Kenya on Royal business observing the Elephant conservation efforts of He and Harry’s  group. I can’t see how that’s a Fuck up. 

People in Aristocratic  tight knit circles tend to go to same schools and events , date/sleep around with each other and then attend each other’s weddings. Going to his old GFs wedding  was not that big of a huge deal really and blown way out of proportion by the press. 

• I Agree 6

Might be. Fact is, the tabloids wrote about it in a very unfavourable way. Nothing the palace could do. 
I would argue those insinuations were much more damaging than H’s Vegas stint.

• Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Going to his old GFs wedding  was not that big of a huge deal really and blown way out of proportion by the press. 

Going alone, without your wife, IS pretty odd.

14 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

I can’t remember the exact spot, but in Spare Harry remembers a time when he was upset with a palace secretary or someone for not insisting to a reporter that he never smoked weed or something like that and had to go to rehab because of it. He kept insisting to the palace that the source was wrong, but Harry *was* doing all the things the reporter was threatening to write an article about. Harry was just mad because the palace wanted him to go to rehab instead of defending him. That was one section where the cognitive dissonance just had me shaking my head.

I remember the exact spot. Page 71. Go take a look! You've distorted the story nearly as well as the reporter in question.

This was back when Harry was about 15, at Eton. The Palace connived with a reporter to make Harry's drinking with his mates sound bad enough to go to rehab (he never did). Why would a father do this to his young boy? Because Charles' spin doctor planned to boost Charles' image by making him sound like a beleaguered single dad (who was also a billionaire).

11 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

William missed a 10 month olds first Easter Sunday because he had previous commitments to be in in Kenya on Royal business observing the Elephant conservation efforts of He and Harry’s  group. I can’t see how that’s a Fuck up. 

Well, it's unlikely he'll have a baby daughter again on Easter Sunday. That was his only opportunity. Except elephants (and "having Africa") is more important.

11 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I am really so over the constant complaining.

I'd suggest you stop reading about the royals online. Problem solved.

• Haha 1

Exactly.  The same tabloids who had Camilla a raging drunk and William going off to hunt Bosnian warlords to avenge his murdered his mother and Had Kate pregnant with Twins all named Diana 8 times in 6 months. 

;) 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Haha 7

Does anyone really give a fuck about their kids first Easter???? It’s not like it was Christmas LOL. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I mean she was not old enough to remember anything and her mother and uncle were with her anyway. People are really reaching for something to damn them for this case. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

Does anyone really give a fuck about their kids first Easter???? It’s not like it was Christmas LOL. 

Some people do and some people dont'. I imagine William didn't.

16 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Exactly.  The same tabloids who had Camilla a raging drunk and William going off to hunt Bosnian warlords to avenge his murdered his mother and Had Kate pregnant with Twins all named Diana 8 times in 6 months. 

;) 

The same tabloids that claimed M destroys the world by eating an avocado a day or obsessively cradles her bump. 

I take all their content as heavily exaggerated or basically a lie. But it seems people take it for a fact and in that case it’s damaging. If you don’t take it seriously, you basically laugh about all that bs (and refuse to give anyone extra sympathy about some shitty articles in a tabloid).

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Anyone who obsessively reads the tabloids and believes all of them deserves what they get.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

On 3/4/2023 at 10:17 AM, viii said:

I think it’s ridiculous too. However, Easter is a big deal in the UK, even though it’s a very secular (and increasingly not Christian) country. The tabloids were probably right that their readers thought of it as an important family holiday.

• Upvote 1

On 3/4/2023 at 7:19 AM, tabitha2 said:

I mean she was not old enough to remember anything and her mother and uncle were with her anyway. People are really reaching for something to damn them for this case. 

LOL, it was William's loss, not Charlotte's. Well, maybe he didn't think it was a loss. He's the next head of the Church of England, but maybe Easter isn't a big deal to him. Probably he should pretend it is, though.

Edited by Jackie3

Of course there is no real difference between Easter or Christmas…. It is a real holiday though in Europe. With people being off work and celebrating even if the religious aspect doesn’t really play a big role.
And yes, most very young children won’t even notice if one parent was present for it or not. Charlotte did have an older brother though who would have noticed. And for a PR spin that makes them “relatable and family orientated” it is a bad look to skip a a classic family holiday celebration. 
Easter is not dropping out if the sky unexpectedly but you can look up the dates years in advance. As was the fact he had two children. 
There was a lot of talk if the other engagements apart from the wedding were only set up AFTER it became clear that this visit didn’t go down well in terms of PR. But even if they were planned from the start- they shouldn’t have been planned for this date IF you also want to look hyper dedicated to your family. You can’t have your cake and eat it. That’s as true for the Walses as it is for the ex-royals.

• Eyeroll 2

My dad was rarely around at Easter when I was growing up, he was running ski races in France. Not a big deal, and people didn't think it was a scandal that he wasn't around.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Factually speaking being a senior Royal means attending to duties and engagements and trips you may or may not want to participate in because as much you want to take the kids Birthday parties or hide Easter eggs every single time it’s not what you are being paid to do.

If William were to decide he wanted to curtail his Royal work to concentrate on the kids any disapproval  that may have resulted from one missed Holiday would be nothing to the outcry that would happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I have no idea being American.

But do the English Anglican church people celebrate Easter the way Catholic European areas might? 

I know my Catholic friend was more into Easter relative to protestant friends.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

There was a lot of talk if the other engagements apart from the wedding were only set up AFTER it became clear that this visit didn’t go down well in terms of PR. But even if they were planned from the start- they shouldn’t have been planned for this date IF you also want to look hyper dedicated to your family. You can’t have your cake and eat it. That’s as true for the Walses as it is for the ex-royals.

Eh, the royal family has traditionally gone on working trips without their children, sometimes for months. Elizabeth especially traveled quite a bit when her children were very young. To me, a royal missing a child's first Easter would be about as surprising as the sun rising in the morning. Missing the kid's birthday would look bad, but Easter? Seems like looking for something to cause a fuss. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Eh, the royal family has traditionally gone on working trips without their children, sometimes for months. Elizabeth especially traveled quite a bit when her children were very young. To me, a royal missing a child's first Easter would be about as surprising as the sun rising in the morning. Missing the kid's birthday would look bad, but Easter? Seems like looking for something to cause a fuss. 

It's true, they miss a lot of the kids' events! Priorities. Elizabeth left her small children for six months--no idea why she didn't take them along. They hadn't started school yet.

Nothing in the world could have kept me away (for six months!) from my children when they were small. Well, maybe if it cured cancer or something. Elizabeth did it to improve relationships with the Commonwealth countries. Again, priorities.

The royal family is not the only one with codes of conduct.  Kate should know better than to try to shake hands with an observant Muslim man.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11840297/Rare-awkward-moment-Kate-reaches-shake-hands-Muslim-community-leader.html

Shouldn't she have done her research first? She is a paid representative of Britain.

The media is so quick to dump on Meghan for failing to learn about customs and protocol--Kate has staff to help her!

Edited by Jackie3
  • Haha 1

I have no idea what any of my children's first Easters looked like. Probably I was there because I rarely went anywhere. But otherwise it's a total blank. None of them would have been old enough to care about traditions at that age. Maybe a good dinner for the adults? But otherwise Easter would be just another day for the babies.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I have no idea what any of my children's first Easters looked like. Probably I was there because I rarely went anywhere. But otherwise it's a total blank. None of them would have been old enough to care about traditions at that age. Maybe a good dinner for the adults? But otherwise Easter would be just another day for the babies.

Of course! It's all about memories. When you are away a lot, you have fewer of them.

I remember my son's first Easter. He was two months old and it kind of sucked because while everyone else was eating dinner. I sat on the couch and nursed him. I eventually got to eat some dinner quickly before he wanted to nurse again. I believe he also spat up on his cute Easter outfit. I'm so happy to be done with babies 😄. My son is seven now and he and his little sister are looking forward to Easter already. It's much more fun now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic